UFCVM c/o 2027 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hcat

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Re-applicant here! Thought I’d start this thread for future gators! 🐊

Members don't see this ad.

I am a re-applicant as well! Thanks for starting this thread :)

Reactions: 1 user
I am a re-applicant as well! Thanks for starting this thread :)
I feel like the UF application has the exact same questions this year as they did last year. Are you changing your answers to them significantly ??

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know how many total applicants there were for the last cycle and any of the class of 2026 stats? Can't seem to find them anywhere.

Does anyone know how many total applicants there were for the last cycle and any of the class of 2026 stats? Can't seem to find them anywhere.
I don’t think they’ve put them out yet. But I think there was 1920 applicants and around 350 got interviews!!

First time OOS applicant from Ohio. Good luck everyone!:hello:

Good luck everyone!! Current second year at UF, happy to try to answer any questions!

Reactions: 1 users
Good luck everyone!! Current second year at UF, happy to try to answer any questions!
If you don’t mind me asking, did you get accepted the first time you applied to UF?

If you don’t mind me asking, did you get accepted the first time you applied to UF?
I did, but I have many friends in my class who were reapplicants!

Current first year, best of luck y’all! 😊

Current first year, best of luck y’all! 😊
How do you like UFCVM so far are there any pros/cons? Also how is it being a part of such a big class? I’m a little worried about that 🫣 like happy because it gives us better chances to get in but how do they fit everyone and build personal relationships with students?

How do you like UFCVM so far are there any pros/cons? Also how is it being a part of such a big class? I’m a little worried about that 🫣 like happy because it gives us better chances to get in but how do they fit everyone and build personal relationships with students?
It’s going pretty well so far! The class size is a lot considering there isn’t enough parking, and a lot of the classrooms can’t fit our whole class so we always have to take up the biggest auditorium. For some classes they have to split our class in half to do it at different times because we can’t all fit. They are doing renovations on the school thought to accommodate for the increase in class size. Honestly it’s very hard to get one on one with the professor in class but a lot of them are super cool and readily answer emails/ questions after class. I feel like the admin/staff really cares and caters to the students and I like that a lot.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am also a current first year! If you have any questions at all, don't hesitate to ask! (it took me two tries to get in so don't feel discouraged if it doesn't work out your first time around :))

Hey everyone! Third time IS applicant here. Third times the charm? Good luck to everyone this cycle!

Reactions: 2 users
2nd time applicant, first time as IS though! Good luck everyone 🤍

Has anyone heard anything yet from UF?

UF has emailed on 12/17 the past two application cycles. It’s a saturday this year so not sure if that will change anything but i’d expect to hear from them around the same time

Can anyone tell if admissions has viewed their video in google drive? I saw students discussing this last year (but they used YouTube videos, I believe).

Can anyone tell if admissions has viewed their video in google drive? I saw students discussing this last year (but they used YouTube videos, I believe).
I was actually just wondering this myself and was wondering if it would be too soon to look. I'm not personally sure how to do it but I believe there is a way. It was much easier to check with Youtube last year.

I was actually just wondering this myself and was wondering if it would be too soon to look. I'm not personally sure how to do it but I believe there is a way. It was much easier to check with Youtube last year.

You can check the activity of the video in Google drive. But, it’s probably both too soon and unhealthy to look (as I look) lol.

You can click on the three dots next to the video and scroll down to activity and details. I just looked at mine and no one has checked it out lol

You can click on the three dots next to the video and scroll down to activity and details. I just looked at mine and no one has checked it out lol
Good to know! I’m too afraid to look honestly haha. Anyone else getting super anxious as we are now in the month we’re interviews should be sent out soon?

Good to know! I’m too afraid to look honestly haha. Anyone else getting super anxious as we are now in the month we’re interviews should be sent out soon?
I'm so anxious it's unreal haha. If they release decisions around the same time as they have in the past, it'll be the week I graduate from UF undergrad so I'm trying to tell myself that either way I'll have something to celebrate I guess :rofl:

I’m beyond anxious! Im IS for UF, so Im double anxious cause tuition be expensiveee if I need to go elsewhere lol

Interviews should be coming soon! So excited for y’all 😊

Reactions: 4 users
when is soon ;)
Haha I wish I could tell you, but alas I am not on the committee. I’ve heard people talking about it around campus though! Last year was December 17th so I imagine it will be around then. My last final is the 19th before break so it’s GOTTA be before then (right? Hopefully?)

Edit: apparently it’s been 12/17 the past TWO years!

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Just an update for those wondering about view history on Google drive, it doesn't seem like view history will appear in the "activity" tab of your file details. I had my boyfriend view the link and nothing popped up in my activity tab, so the committee's views likely won't appear either and that's why we haven't seen changes lol

Reactions: 2 users
Maybe since the 17th is a Saturday it’ll be sometime next week!! fingers crossed

Last year they sent out interview invites and everything on two different dates but within 5 days. Does anyone know if there's a reason they do it on two different dates?

starting to feel super nervous as i feel we will get interview decisions this upcoming week. i’ve had four rejections now and i know another one will leave me feeling really defeated :(.

• Care
starting to feel super nervous as i feel we will get interview decisions this upcoming week. i’ve had four rejections now and i know another one will leave me feeling really defeated :(.

How many did you apply to? It only takes one! Don’t give up !

i applied to 13 total schools this cycle and this is my third overall application cycle :/
I’m in the same boat. Third time applying and I’ve already done a masters so I don’t know what could improve my application if I don’t get in this time.
I applied to 9 schools and have a rejection from one I was hoping to get into

So do you guys think we will be hearing this week since the 17th is on a Saturday 😬

OOS! Uf is high on my list though.Has anyone gotten accepted anywhere else yet?