-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
UFCVM c/o 2027 Applicants
Started by Hcat
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
OOS alternate!!
Horsedogcowvet
Full Member
OOS waitlist…. It seems kinda odd that we have to accept or decline within 24 if we get offered a seat. Is this after the April 17th deadline or anytime before?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
bluepoodle14
New Member
IS Acceptance!!!
Horsedogcowvet
Full Member
OOS alternate!!
Will you still attend the tour days? I debating if I should or not.
danielle n
New Member
IS ACCEPTANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Probably not, I'll be in town the next weekend, debating if I'll go visit campus then, we're about a 2 hour drive away. @katiemcat said they do tours at orientation too if we get in.Will you still attend the tour days? I debating if I should or not.
I wish we knew what number so I knew if I should get my hopes up at the beginning of the waitlist or if I should move on with my life and work on my next application
congratulations to everyone on their acceptances [emoji3590] would anyone that’s IS mind if i message them for their stats?
Congrats everyone who got accepted, I can’t wait to meet you all! 😍😍😍😍 Those on the waitlist, OOS moved a good bit last year, I know a couple of people in my class got off of it.
IS waitlist :/ anyone know how much it moves usually? I hate having to wait until after the deadline to decide where I am going 😭
To my knowledge the in state wait list moved one seat last year. Hope this helps.IS waitlist :/ anyone know how much it moves usually? I hate having to wait until after the deadline to decide where I am going 😭
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
do you have acceptances anywhere else? 🙁 Im oos waitlist and on my IS waitlist as well and it's not going to move at all either.IS waitlist :/ anyone know how much it moves usually? I hate having to wait until after the deadline to decide where I am going 😭
D
deleted1135019
If you want to send me a message, I'd be happy to help in any way that I can - I can also read over your essays if you'd like!congratulations to everyone on their acceptances [emoji3590] would anyone that’s IS mind if i message them for their stats?
I was accepted to Colorado and wisconsin Madison and waitlisted at Illinois, Mississippi an Cornell.do you have acceptances anywhere else? 🙁 Im oos waitlist and on my IS waitlist as well and it's not going to move at all either.
Okay!! at least you have places to fall back on if you don't happen to get seat, at this point mines all just luck reallyI was accepted to Colorado and wisconsin Madison and waitlisted at Illinois, Mississippi a Cornell.
Oh yes I know I am incredibly lucky to get into programs on my first try, I've seen your posts on the forums and I know you are incredibly tenacious and passionate so I am sure you'll be a great DVM either this cycle or next one <3 Good luck!Okay!! at least you have places to fall back on if you don't happen to get seat, at this point mines all just luck really
Thank you!! You too, everyone here wants to help animals so I can't complain that other people got seats over me. I know I'll get in with the class I'm meant to 🙂Oh yes I know I am incredibly lucky to get into programs on my first try, I've seen your posts on the forums and I know you are incredibly tenacious and passionate so I am sure you'll be a great DVM either this cycle or next one <3 Good luck!
After you accept your offer you will get a bunch of resources put together by upperclassmen, including recommended housing. If you want to start the search now I found my place on swamprentals.com, really good filtering for things you want and location. I live at spyglass with my bf and I know a lot of other vet students live here too. A dog park and pool were a must have for me 🤠Are there any Facebook groups to look for apartments in Gainesville?
MayaFaye
Full Member
After you accept your offer you will get a bunch of resources put together by upperclassmen, including recommended housing. If you want to start the search now I found my place on swamprentals.com, really good filtering for things you want and location. I live at spyglass with my bf and I know a lot of other vet students live here too. A dog park and pool were a must have for me [emoji1783]
I sent in my acceptance form on an email right now. Do you know how long it takes to be acknowledged? And where do I send my official transcripts?
I think they confirmed with me the next day, and sent me link to join the class Facebook! I didn’t have any pending prereqs when I started so I’m not sure where you send your transcripts to, I imagine they’ll tell you in the confirmation email as the spring semester is still ongoing.I sent in my acceptance form on an email right now. Do you know how long it takes to be acknowledged? And where do I send my official transcripts?
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Horsedogcowvet
Full Member
When will they start pulling people off the waitlist?
After April 15th if they do it the same as last year. A lot of OOS people I am friends with who got off the waitlist received calls the next day offering them a seat.When will they start pulling people off the waitlist?
Megan Best
New Member
What did your email say in regard to being waitlisted? My email just states that they regret to inform you that they do not offer a seat in this class. Does that mean a possible waitlist or complete rejection?IS waitlist :/ anyone know how much it moves usually? I hate having to wait until after the deadline to decide where I am going 😭
lower down in the email it would've said waitlistWhat did your email say in regard to being waitlisted? My email just states that they regret to inform you that they do not offer a seat in this class. Does that mean a possible waitlist or complete rejection?
megan.weil1
Full Member
OOS waitlist. Congratulations everyone!
hopefuldoggydoctor
New Member
Has anyone made a groupme/facebook page for accepted students?
Once you've confirmed your seat, you should receive an email that contains the link to your class Facebook page. From there, I believe the webmaster will post a link to the GroupMe on FB! 🙂Has anyone made a groupme/facebook page for accepted students?
Both are made by the school and you will receive a link when you get a confirmation in response to accepting your seat. My friend is on our class exec and they asked her to make it today.Has anyone made a groupme/facebook page for accepted students?
I have 2 large breed dogs (one is an amstaff) and I didn’t have a problem. Many of my classmates have multiple pets.Does anyone know if it’s difficult finding apartments in Gainesville that allow you to have multiple pets? I have 2 dogs and 2 cats🥺
Thank you!!I have 2 large breed dogs (one is an amstaff) and I didn’t have a problem. Many of my classmates have multiple pets.
So I am waitlisted IS but I am attending the DVM showcase on the 21st and I want to maybe visit some apartments and see the locations just in case I get called off so I am ready to roll. Anyone know any good apartments I can look into that I can take my 2 cats and my boyfriend?
Same but not yetHas anyone received a link to the FB group yet? I sent in my letter of acceptance and they acknowledged that they received it.
Still debating if I should go to the Preview Day on the 20-22nd of March. I’m IS waitlist/alternate, this is my second time applying to UF. Part of me is like sure? I already know I’d love to go to school there and I’ve seen the campus before. But the other part of me feels kinda pressured to go since it’s an invite to candidates only. Id love some opinions on this 😭
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey! We have our LA anatomy midterm Friday so our exec who is in change of it is super busy studying for it. I will let her know y’all are eager for it but please have patience🙂Has anyone received a link to the FB group yet? I sent in my letter of acceptance and they acknowledged that they received it.
Edit: she has created it, she is waiting for the school to approve it and it should be sent out next week
Last edited:
Has anyone received a link to the FB group yet? I sent in my letter of acceptance and they acknowledged that they received it.
How long did it take to get the acknowledgement?
laurlovescats
UFCVM c/o 2027
It only took a few hours before they emailed me back to acknowledge the acceptance letterHow long did it take to get the acknowledgement?
*currently waiting 36 hours*It only took a few hours before they emailed me back to acknowledge the acceptance letter
MayaFaye
Full Member
Hey! We have our LA anatomy midterm Friday so our exec who is in change of it is super busy studying for it. I will let her know y’all are eager for it but please have patience🙂
Edit: she has created it, she is waiting for the school to approve it and it should be sent out next week
Good luck on your midterm tomorrow!!! Let us know how it goes! [emoji3590][emoji3590][emoji3590]