-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
UGA c/o 2019 applicants!
Started by v0712
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I'm putting my name in for UGA. I'm SC contract student. Insanely competitive though 3.8 avg GPA for SC residents. :/
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm a SC resident applying to UGA....
I'm taking the GRE for the second time at 4 pm today, actually. I did very average first time round- Math 147 Verbal 152 :/
I've got a solid 3.800 GPA after this past spring semester. UGA is so competitive but its the only school that I can afford. I'm also applying to two other schools OOS but if I don't get into UGA this cycle, I will probably have to reapply next year. All other schools are too expensive 🙁
I'm taking the GRE for the second time at 4 pm today, actually. I did very average first time round- Math 147 Verbal 152 :/
I've got a solid 3.800 GPA after this past spring semester. UGA is so competitive but its the only school that I can afford. I'm also applying to two other schools OOS but if I don't get into UGA this cycle, I will probably have to reapply next year. All other schools are too expensive 🙁
Good luck! Maybe we'll be future classmates!I'm a SC resident applying to UGA....
I'm taking the GRE for the second time at 4 pm today, actually. I did very average first time round- Math 147 Verbal 152 :/
I've got a solid 3.800 GPA after this past spring semester. UGA is so competitive but its the only school that I can afford. I'm also applying to two other schools OOS but if I don't get into UGA this cycle, I will probably have to reapply next year. All other schools are too expensive 🙁
Thanks!! I actually did very well on the GRE today, surprised myself! So yea, things are looking good now. Hopefully we will!
Good luck! Maybe we'll be future classmates!
That's awesome! I take mine July 19th. I've been studying every couple days but I'm nervous.Thanks!! I actually did very well on the GRE today, surprised myself! So yea, things are looking good now. Hopefully we will!
Well this was my second time taking it. The first time was May 23 and it was so nerve wracking. I think my nerves are what screwed me over because I did very average. I got a 299 and was super disappointed. However, today when I took it, I was very cool, calm, and collected. Not to mention I knew what was going to be expected from me. So when the score popped up, I was so happy! Although I did well, I still don't think this test is a very good reflection of one's intelligence. But I am sure you will do great! As long as you study pretty regularly and do extras like GRE question of the day (free)--that stuff really helped a lot--you will be fine. And take it from me, if you don't do well the first time, you will more than likely do better the second time, as long as you recognize your weaknesses and harp on those. Good luck 🙂
Thanks! I know, I think GRE scores are over-rated too. I feel like it's testing your ability to take a test, and doesn't reflect how successful you'd be in graduate or professional school.Well this was my second time taking it. The first time was May 23 and it was so nerve wracking. I think my nerves are what screwed me over because I did very average. I got a 299 and was super disappointed. However, today when I took it, I was very cool, calm, and collected. Not to mention I knew what was going to be expected from me. So when the score popped up, I was so happy! Although I did well, I still don't think this test is a very good reflection of one's intelligence. But I am sure you will do great! As long as you study pretty regularly and do extras like GRE question of the day (free)--that stuff really helped a lot--you will be fine. And take it from me, if you don't do well the first time, you will more than likely do better the second time, as long as you recognize your weaknesses and harp on those. Good luck 🙂
Well here's hoping I do awesome on the GRE then. My GPA is fairly average.I think most everyone could agree on that too! Unfortunately, if I am not mistaken, UGA weighs GRE pretty evenly with GPA. I am not sure but I think that is what I have heard.
Best of luck! 
Well here's hoping I do awesome on the GRE then. My GPA is fairly average.
Hey all!! UGA is on my short list of schools! But I've not decided quite yet.... I have 12 schools on my short list, so clearly it needs to be narrowed further...
Anyway, just wanted to say hi to you all!!
Oh, and I'm OOS 🙂
Anyway, just wanted to say hi to you all!!
Oh, and I'm OOS 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone find that "status" page a little silly...? Anyone...? Bueller ..?
refresh my memory.. what status page? i'm drawing a blank.
Didn't they send you an email with how to check to make sure all your info was received? It's a weird little system. https://uga.view.usg.edu/
Story of my life.
Has any SC contract student not had them receive your residency contract yet? Mine has not been received, and I am/was worried. I am newish to SC, so I don't know if they deny people via the SC Higher Education Board and that is why UGA does not have it.
@dirtanddog I see what you're talking about with the status thing. I didn't know what you were talking about so I looked at the link you gave and tried to log in using my VMCAS id and password but it didn't work.... is that how you are logging in? That's what it says to do in the email they sent but I can't log in... I just called and left a message so hopefully someone gets back to me soon.
Yep, I use my VMCAS ID and some random password I made.
I am from SC but I have not submitted my residency verification forms yet.. I just printed them out today so I will be sending them in within the next few days. I will let you know if I hear anything back from UGA!Has any SC contract student not had them receive your residency contract yet? Mine has not been received, and I am/was worried. I am newish to SC, so I don't know if they deny people via the SC Higher Education Board and that is why UGA does not have it.
Perfect! Thank you! 🙂 Good luck!I am from SC but I have not submitted my residency verification forms yet.. I just printed them out today so I will be sending them in within the next few days. I will let you know if I hear anything back from UGA!
I agree that the status page is weird! It appears to be meant for submitting classwork and getting grades. Has anyone set up a profile there? I thought about it, but I'm not sure if they really want us to or not!
I kind of looked at it a few times and left it alone. Naturally I check the page at least once a day with false hopes that something new will show up :/
Hey guys! I'm applying to UGA too...just checked my status page and nothing's received yet. Although they already cashed the check I sent in for the supp fee...
so uhm yeahhh. #ihopethatacvmdidntswindleme haha
so uhm yeahhh. #ihopethatacvmdidntswindleme haha Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just logged in to mine! I think its just a way of letting us know they have received all of our info! I appreciate the fact that our grades are "received" hahah.I kind of looked at it a few times and left it alone. Naturally I check the page at least once a day with false hopes that something new will show up :/
I just want to "receive" something back already :/
Missed a call from the University of Georgia today around 5:10pm, but nobody left a message... anyone else?! When I call the number back it says to call the directory... ugh.
If I was in your shoes I would be flippin all kinds of ****s right now. Bouncing off the walls and chewing all my nails off and such. Good luck to ya, hope you hear back soon!
Update: called CVM admissions... they said if they didn't leave a message, then not to worry. They aren't sure who called. WHAT?! OMG Let the freak out begin.
What was the number?
That status page is known as elc (e learning commons). It is where they post all our notes and grades and whatnot. UGA is my In-state school. I hold 2 degrees from UGA (my undergrad and my masters of animal and dairy science) and have been rejected twice from this great institution.
Good luck to everyone
That status page is known as elc (e learning commons). It is where they post all our notes and grades and whatnot. UGA is my In-state school. I hold 2 degrees from UGA (my undergrad and my masters of animal and dairy science) and have been rejected twice from this great institution.
Good luck to everyone
They didn't call top 10% until feb last year
What was the number?
That status page is known as elc (e learning commons). It is where they post all our notes and grades and whatnot. UGA is my In-state school. I hold 2 degrees from UGA (my undergrad and my masters of animal and dairy science) and have been rejected twice from this great institution.
Good luck to everyone
I was just worried that there was something amiss with my application, but it sounds like everything is A-OK!
Good luck!!!
No, but I'm also OOS. They only need Driver's License for IS and contract state students probably.Anyone else get an email asking for a photocopy of your drivers license? Maybe that means they're looking at my application right now! The suspense is killing me!
I go to UGA, though, and heard that they started reviewing applications last week. 😀
Last edited:
WAHHH I didnt get that email yet!Anyone else get an email asking for a photocopy of your drivers license? Maybe that means they're looking at my application right now! The suspense is killing me!
I got that email! This is my third time applying to UGA and i don't remember ever getting an email like that the previous two times! hoping its a good sign!!!!! aaaaahhhh! UGA is my instate. I did my undergrad and masters there. I would love nothing more to receive my DVM from UGA as well!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Well I don't necessarily know what it means, but it scared me to see that email from UGAWAHHH I didnt get that email yet!
Good luck!!! I'm a first-time applicant and I'm so nervousI got that email! This is my third time applying to UGA and i don't remember ever getting an email like that the previous two times! hoping its a good sign!!!!! aaaaahhhh! UGA is my instate. I did my undergrad and masters there. I would love nothing more to receive my DVM from UGA as well!
Hmm. When did you guys submit your apps?? I am getting super nervous nowGood luck!!! I'm a first-time applicant and I'm so nervous
I submitted mine early on September 2ndHmm. When did you guys submit your apps?? I am getting super nervous now
Okay! I submitted Sept 29. Well I hope its good news for you guys! 🙂 I will be obsessively checking my email now... haI submitted mine early on September 2nd