-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
UGA c/o 2019 applicants!
Started by v0712
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Dang it. I'm sick of being rejected haha. This is my last hope at getting in. Rejected from four other schools. Was hoping that email just meant I was still in the running but sounds like everyone got it. Now to wait for the fifth rejection... Sorry to be a Debbie downer ha ha I'm not usually this negativeThey sent everyone an email last year before March 1 updating them of their application status. Everyone as far as I understand gets them at the same time, accepted or denied
Dang it. I'm sick of being rejected haha. This is my last hope at getting in. Rejected from four other schools. Was hoping that email just meant I was still in the running but sounds like everyone got it. Now to wait for the fifth rejection... Sorry to be a Debbie downer ha ha I'm not usually this negative
This is my second year applying and once again, the entire process has turned me into a HUGE debbie downer... *sigh*
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I thought they mailed letters. At least they used to do this, via snail mail. Perhaps it changed last year for the first time!They sent everyone an email last year before March 1 updating them of their application status. Everyone as far as I understand gets them at the same time, accepted or denied
Guess this means more waiting!
Anybody know if you have to send a transcript even if you didn't take classes in the fall?
Not exactly sure, wouldn't see the need to. You can email Esther who takes care of all that at [email protected]Anybody know if you have to send a transcript even if you didn't take classes in the fall?
Thanks! I will. And somebody asked earlier when decisions will be sent. Last year they were sent out early March via email.
I wish I was that confident hahaI know someone who got in last year and got a phone call on February 7 and an email February 10. She got early admission for being in the top 10% of applicants. So they might do early admissions again this year. I'm expecting to hear from UGA in February.
Yes top 10% will get phone calls before regular decisions.
They send snail mail letters after the fact. Last year was the first time they did email decisions.
And no need to send fall transcripts if nothing was taken/re-taken.
This ain't my first rodeo
They send snail mail letters after the fact. Last year was the first time they did email decisions.
And no need to send fall transcripts if nothing was taken/re-taken.
This ain't my first rodeo
I love snail mail....but mostly if it is in the form of acceptance letters...🙂Yes top 10% will get phone calls before regular decisions.
They send snail mail letters after the fact. Last year was the first time they did email decisions.
And no need to send fall transcripts if nothing was taken/re-taken.
This ain't my first rodeo
Thanks for the update @Wyatt'sAunt0903
True story - yesterday when I was sitting outside the interview room waiting for my interview at Tennessee I decided to turn my phone off rather than just put it on silent. I noticed I had an email and it was from UGA. I had a minor heart attack because I thought it said log on to see your status. My heart was still beating out of my chest when I got called in for my interview. Lesson of the day - turn my phone off in the morning and NEVER check it 5 minutes before an interview.
Yeah they shouldn't have said "status" cuz to me that means your "final status."
One of my references was called today! Time for more anxious waiting!!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
they called mine too!!! eeeeekkkkkk!!!!!
same. I am hoping that they just haven't mentioned it...since I do have some that live very far away now. dont stress @mfoley312I'm getting antsy not hearing anything from mine

I'm gonna take a wild guess and say the admissions office is only calling the top 10% references right now. Maybe everyone else's references will be called in Feb/March.....Good luck everyone. Crossing my fingers for all of us.
there's no way i'm top 10% lol
Trust me, I'm not either!there's no way i'm top 10% lol
you know i'm from the 912 too!!!
I'm from ware county. Where are you from?you know i'm from the 912 too!!!
Just saw this on the website ..... Happy New Year from the University of Georgia College of Veterinary Medicine! This year, because of the large number of out-of-state applicants to our college, we are reviewing these applications in stages. As a consequence, we will be able to extend an early acceptance to a small number of out-of-state applicants prior to January 10th. Most of our out-of-state applicants and all of our applicants from Georgia, South Carolina, and Delaware will undergo final review by our Admissions Committee between January 9 - February 15, 2015.
I'm definetly not in the top 10% either. To bad I'm not OOS, I really want to know their decision!! Hopefully they will let the IS people know by mid february! Have any OOS people received decisions yet?
Most of our out-of-state applicants and all of our applicants from Georgia, South Carolina, and Delaware will undergo final review by our Admissions Committee between January 9 - February 15, 2015.
I'm definetly not in the top 10% either. To bad I'm not OOS, I really want to know their decision!! Hopefully they will let the IS people know by mid february! Have any OOS people received decisions yet?
Looks like you'll know by mid-February!
I'm from ware county. Where are you from?
I'm from effingham county!!
Just saw this on the website ..... Happy New Year from the University of Georgia College of Veterinary Medicine! This year, because of the large number of out-of-state applicants to our college, we are reviewing these applications in stages. As a consequence, we will be able to extend an early acceptance to a small number of out-of-state applicants prior to January 10th. Most of our out-of-state applicants and all of our applicants from Georgia, South Carolina, and Delaware will undergo final review by our Admissions Committee between January 9 - February 15, 2015.
man January 10th is tomorrow, wish we all could know so soon
Did anyone else get the email saying they wanted fall transcripts by February 1st? How are they making decisions already without giving us credit for our fall classes?!?!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
i think....they probably already know who is not going to get in...and now they are just trying to make decisions on who is still in the running
In the running for alternate spots?i think....they probably already know who is not going to get in...and now they are just trying to make decisions on who is still in the running
to be accepted or alternate. I found this on the website:
The Selection Process
The minimum requirements to be considered for admission are either:
The Admissions committee then calls and interviews one or more of the candidate’s references, asking a standardized set of questions. Based on the candidate’s academic credentials, the faculty file evaluations, and the interviews with the references, the Admissions Committee selects Admitted Candidates and Alternates.
so does that mean if our references got called we will either be accepted or an alternate???????
The Selection Process
The minimum requirements to be considered for admission are either:
- an undergraduate GPA > 3.0
OR
- GRE (Verbal + Quantitative) > 308 (1200 old scale)
The Admissions committee then calls and interviews one or more of the candidate’s references, asking a standardized set of questions. Based on the candidate’s academic credentials, the faculty file evaluations, and the interviews with the references, the Admissions Committee selects Admitted Candidates and Alternates.
so does that mean if our references got called we will either be accepted or an alternate???????
I don't think that means you are accepted or an alternate. I think it depends what your reference said and how you weigh against other applicants. Though it's definitely a good sign.to be accepted or alternate. I found this on the website:
The Selection Process
The minimum requirements to be considered for admission are either:
Applicants who meet our minimum requirements will be further evaluated by three UGA College of Veterinary Medicine faculty members. These faculty members will review the application independently. Those candidates whose applications are viewed favorably by the faculty will be forwarded to the Admissions committee for further consideration.
- an undergraduate GPA > 3.0
OR
- GRE (Verbal + Quantitative) > 308 (1200 old scale)
The Admissions committee then calls and interviews one or more of the candidate’s references, asking a standardized set of questions. Based on the candidate’s academic credentials, the faculty file evaluations, and the interviews with the references, the Admissions Committee selects Admitted Candidates and Alternates.
so does that mean if our references got called we will either be accepted or an alternate???????
I can't handle all the waiting lol and all the stress eating is slowly starting to show!!!!!
I got in. They called and emailed today. It was pretty....surprising
OMG!! congratulations!!!!!I got in. They called and emailed today. It was pretty....surprising
Congrats! Thats great news! What state are you from?I got in. They called and emailed today. It was pretty....surprising
What's your gpa and GRE score? If you care to shareI got in. They called and emailed today. It was pretty....surprising
Congrats! !!!!I got in. They called and emailed today. It was pretty....surprising
Congrats! Thats great news! What state are you from?
I'm from New Jersey. But they offered me in state tuition 0.0
GRE for the person that asked was 170 English 164 math
Omg 170 is the highest you can get isn't it?
Yup. Impressive! I always choke during the quant portion of the GRE.Omg 170 is the highest you can get isn't it?
ElephantDVM, you should start a private Facebook group for UGA CVM C/O 2019 and as more people are accepted they can join the group and everyone can begin getting to know their classmates.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I would love to do that....but i'm not sure if I'm actually going to UGA. I've got a few other options. This decision is gonna be a tough one >.< I guess it's a good problem to have though...
Same here! My references got called but I'm still super nervous.I wonder how many people have had their references called and how long after people get accepted. I'm glad one of mine got called but I'm still really nervous
same here....aaahhh
As far as I know, my references haven't been called, but I'm OOS and definitely not top 10%... Got on to the alternate lists at two other schools and haven't been rejected from anywhere yet, so I was hoping at least for a reference call! Not too confident at this point! Lol oh well, there's still plenty of time.