UGA c/o 2027

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
The curriculum page on UGA's website doesn't include electives as far as I can tell. Does anyone know if there is any resource that lists the elective courses offered?
I messaged you!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I have some additional questions for the current students in this thread! I am a current OOS undergrad at another school that has a CVM, so I know a ton about the program here, but very little about UGA's program (my IS).

1.) Are students able to work at the VTH? If so, what is the work and scheduling like? Do students often work at the VTH over the summers or even during classes?

2.) How hands-on is UGA's curriculum, and when do you get to start building clinical skills?

3.) How much coverage is there of exotics medicine throughout the curriculum?

These are just a few of my questions that I am not able to deduce from the information available online. Any insight would be very much appreciated!
Current first year here interested in exotics! UGA does have a few electives scattered throughout the curriculum that cover exotics but our curriculum is mostly centered around small animal and large animals. You can declare a Zoo and Exotic med specialty during your spring semester of 2nd year which will allow you to have more externship time during your clinical year. You are also required to do at least 2 exotic animal rotations within the teaching hospital with that specialty. Even though there isn’t many opportunities to learn exotic animal med through the curriculum, the school offers SO MANY opportunities to work with exotic animals outside of class. I am in Wildlife treatment crew, have assisted a board certificad exotic animal doctor with an exotic animal endoscopy course, and I’m one of the committee chairs for the zoo and exotic animal display for open house. All of these experiences have allowed me to interact with exotics more and I’ve been able to get these opportunities with only being here for one semester! In response to your elective question, unfortunately, I don’t think there’s anywhere online for prospective students to look at electives. Everything online is pretty much the curriculum we use which is going to change for the class of 2027 so we don’t even know what you guys will be offered.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Current first year here interested in exotics! UGA does have a few electives scattered throughout the curriculum that cover exotics but our curriculum is mostly centered around small animal and large animals. You can declare a Zoo and Exotic med specialty during your spring semester of 2nd year which will allow you to have more externship time during your clinical year. You are also required to do at least 2 exotic animal rotations within the teaching hospital with that specialty. Even though there isn’t many opportunities to learn exotic animal med through the curriculum, the school offers SO MANY opportunities to work with exotic animals outside of class. I am in Wildlife treatment crew, have assisted a board certificad exotic animal doctor with an exotic animal endoscopy course, and I’m one of the committee chairs for the zoo and exotic animal display for open house. All of these experiences have allowed me to interact with exotics more and I’ve been able to get these opportunities with only being here for one semester! In response to your elective question, unfortunately, I don’t think there’s anywhere online for prospective students to look at electives. Everything online is pretty much the curriculum we use which is going to change for the class of 2027 so we don’t even know what you guys will be offered.
Thank you so much for this information! I am glad to hear that there are so many opportunities outside of the classroom!

Members don't see this ad :)
So if we graduated in May/did not take any prereqs for fall semester, they'll just use our official transcript we sent when filling out vmcas right? In the email Parker said we could send one in if we wanted to so I just want to be sure :')

So if we graduated in May/did not take any prereqs for fall semester, they'll just use our official transcript we sent when filling out vmcas right? In the email Parker said we could send one in if we wanted to so I just want to be sure :')

I think you may still need to resubmit the one you sent in your last cycle but don’t quote me

Per Parker: “With the completion Fall 2022 semester, we request that all applicants with outstanding prerequisite courses send us an updated transcript. If you did not take any prerequisite courses during the Fall 2022 semester, you are not required to provide us with an updated transcript, but you are still welcome to send one.”

So I think your okay!!

uga making my heart drop everytime i get an email from them

Reactions: 6 users
I always get a mini panic attack when I see an email come in from UGA. Exciting news though we could have a decision in mid feb!

Has anyone received a rejection letter? I haven't seen any on this forum, I wonder how much I should get my hopes up

I could be wrong but I think they are sending rejections, acceptances and waitlist all at the same time.
Yes previous years all decisions have gone out the same time.

So apparently UGA called one of my recommenders for “clarification” today whatever that means. No idea if that’s a good or bad sign but I’m kinda panicking over the idea that there was a phone conversation about me where I have no idea what was said lol.

Members don't see this ad :)
So apparently UGA called one of my recommenders for “clarification” today whatever that means. No idea if that’s a good or bad sign but I’m kinda panicking over the idea that there was a phone conversation about me where I have no idea what was said lol.
Recommenders get called every year, it’s a part of UGAs process. Our recommenders aren’t supposed to tell us that they’ve been called so we don’t freak out, but I’ve had friends that have had their recommenders tell them that they’ve gotten called within the last week. I wouldn’t stress about it because it’s a good thing if they’re getting called. I haven’t heard if mine have been called, which has been more stressful in my opinion 😅

Hey guys! Yes, recommenders get called every year as part of the last process of decision making. Two of my recommenders got a call during this process but I also know people who got in that didn't have any recommenders called at all. Hang in there, I know it's tough waiting. Good luck!

Reactions: 2 users
Hey guys! Yes, recommenders get called every year as part of the last process of decision making. Two of my recommenders got a call during this process but I also know people who got in that didn't have any recommenders called at all. Hang in there, I know it's tough waiting. Good luck!
Thank you for this! Its definitely encouraging for people that don't/won't know if their recommenders are getting called or not! :)

• Care
Does anyone have admitted stats on OOS students from previous years? They don't have a ton of admitted students data posted

Bets on when we will hear? Looking back on previous threads it’s been around the 16th the last couple of years.

Bets on when we will hear? Looking back on previous threads it’s been around the 16th the last couple of years.
It was March 1st last year. I’m thinking it’s going to be the week of the 20th, but probably later in the week.

I have a logistics student job in the vet school and I can see they booked a conference room on the 22nd so maybe then?
Thank you for your service 🫡

Reactions: 3 users
I have a logistics student job in the vet school and I can see they booked a conference room on the 22nd so maybe then?
Do you think that’s the day they’re going to make the final decisions and then send the emails out after? They shouldn’t all have to be in a room together to send the decision emails. Either way thank you!!!

i think it will be feb 28 no special reason but

I know one of my recommenders was emailed yesterday to set up a call on the 13th. This wait is killing me!!!!

The vet I work for got called yesterday for a coworker of mine, so they are definitely getting calls!

Does anyone know how many OOS UGA accepts.. was denied from my IS today and feeling discouraged

I was notified one of my recommenders scheduled a call with them for this week so they're still calling!

Is having a recommender be called a prerequisite to admission? Could you be admitted without having anyone called? Not sure if any of mine have been called but nervous to ask 😅

Is having a recommender be called a prerequisite to admission? Could you be admitted without having anyone called? Not sure if any of mine have been called but nervous to ask 😅
Doctors at my clinic said they don't always call and to not freak out either way. I've been sticking to that thought process. :)

I am also so anxious omg. I haven’t heard anything from my recommenders. I’ve also heard that they’re told not to tell us if they are called, and have heard that some got in without anyone being called. I’m also too scared to ask them if they’ve gotten a call 😅

Fingers crossed we'll hear something in a week. I can't keep refreshing this forum and checking facebook for a c/o 2027 group every 2 minutes

What is the facebook for UGA CVM Class of 2027
They usually make the group a few days before decisions are released. They’ll send out a link to join to admitted students after they send out decisions

Has anyone known someone who got their letters called and that person didn't get accepted?

I know that there have been people without calls get rejected/accepted, but not the other way around.

They usually make the group a few days before decisions are released. They’ll send out a link to join to admitted students after they send out decisions
Some people argue they make it the day of. Wishing we would just hear back today, but it looks like next week it is. We just gotta keep the faith.

Has anyone known someone who got their letters called and that person didn't get accepted?

I know that there have been people without calls get rejected/accepted, but not the other way around.
🤚
One of my recommenders was called last cycle and I was rejected. (I'm IS)

I think it's just one step in their process.

I’ve heard they are calling references through Monday and will send out decisions before they go on spring break (3.6). Hopefully we hear Friday!!

Reactions: 4 users
I’ve heard they are calling references through Monday and will send out decisions before they go on spring break (3.6). Hopefully we hear Friday!!
Aaah I can’t believe decisions are finally almost here! Fingers crossed for everyone!