You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
UGA c/o 2027
Started by CarboKitty
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
delilahatx
New Member
Oos alternate!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
danielle n
New Member
OOS ALTERNATE
I don’t think so because I am still waiting for an email. At this point my hopes aren’t high. 😒Did the emails come out at the same time?
Me too I am very scared.I don’t think so because I am still waiting for an email. At this point my hopes aren’t high. 😒
Current first year popping by just to say:
To those who didn't get in this year, your time will come- I know so many amazing doctors and classmates who took multiple cycles to get in. They're brilliant and no less of a veterinarian or vet student than anyone else, sometimes the timing is just off.
To those who got in, congratulations! I know the wait has been long and you're ecstatic. Take these next few months (especially this summer) to relax and give yourself a break before vet school begins- you'll really hit the ground running.
If anyone has any questions, feel free to message me! First years are almost done with a busy month of many, many exams and I'm more than willing to chat with people as a distraction/break from studying lol
To those who didn't get in this year, your time will come- I know so many amazing doctors and classmates who took multiple cycles to get in. They're brilliant and no less of a veterinarian or vet student than anyone else, sometimes the timing is just off.
To those who got in, congratulations! I know the wait has been long and you're ecstatic. Take these next few months (especially this summer) to relax and give yourself a break before vet school begins- you'll really hit the ground running.
If anyone has any questions, feel free to message me! First years are almost done with a busy month of many, many exams and I'm more than willing to chat with people as a distraction/break from studying lol
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
future_vet
Full Member
OOS rejection. Congratulations to those who were accepted. Thank God have 3 other offers.
First year vet student here (was an IS GA applicant). Consider the CBS Masters one year non thesis program (online or in-person…I did in-person) if you don’t get in. It’s what got me in the second time and I felt involved and connected with the vet school community by doing it. I got to go to many of the vet school events and make connections with the wonderful faculty. Also, another perk is you can take some vet school classes along the way. Great use of your time. The link is: Comparative Biomedical Sciences - University of Georgia College of Veterinary Medicine
Last edited:
dvmclassof2027hopeful
New Member
OOS rejection, totally expected though since there were so many applicants for so few seats. I'll be heading to my IS school in the fall 🙂
OOS alternate!
I’m not completely sure but I assume nothing will happen until all alternates turn in their forms April 17. Then I guess they’ll have a ranking and I feel like that would be the most logical time to start accepting from the list.OOS waitlisted! Does anyone know if they contact people accepted off it before April 17th or do they wait until afterwards?
maggieellesse
New Member
IS accepted!
danielle n
New Member
Do we physically mail in our letters to stay on the alternate list? Or email them back a signed copy?
For those in the dreaded waitlist position for IS, there was a total of 7-9 IS GA residents last year (or right around there) that got off. It does move a good bit.
As someone once told me: keep your head up and stay the course with what you're currently doing. Hopefully you'll get that lucky phone call from Parker stating you got off between now and April 15th or sometime after. I got mine on April 5th/6th and I was around 4th/5th on the list. The waitlists are separated into IS GA, IS SC, OOS, Delaware, etc btw. People who are IS may make decisions to go elsewhere because they like other campuses better, they plan to move somewhere else, get a high scholarship, or some other reason. Stay positive and good luck🙂
As someone once told me: keep your head up and stay the course with what you're currently doing. Hopefully you'll get that lucky phone call from Parker stating you got off between now and April 15th or sometime after. I got mine on April 5th/6th and I was around 4th/5th on the list. The waitlists are separated into IS GA, IS SC, OOS, Delaware, etc btw. People who are IS may make decisions to go elsewhere because they like other campuses better, they plan to move somewhere else, get a high scholarship, or some other reason. Stay positive and good luck🙂
I just emailed them a signed copy! The form said mail, email, or fax.Do we physically mail in our letters to stay on the alternate list? Or email them back a signed copy?
I also was rejected my first cycle and did this masters program and was accepted my second cycle (also a current first year). Because I lived near Athens anyway I was able to work at the VTH as a student employee (but had full time hours) and that helped boost my LA experience. Also, because I was a UGA student I reached out to researchers and was able to work in a lab during my gap year. Moral of the story, it's a good program, opens doors for you, and even if you don't live near Athens, because its online you have the flexibility to gain other experiences.First year vet student here (was an IS GA applicant). Consider the CBS Masters program if you don’t get in. It’s what got me in the second time and I felt involved and connected with the vet school community by doing it. I got to go to many of the vet school events and make connections with the wonderful faculty. Also, another perk is you can take some vet school classes along the way. Great use of your time. Feel free to contact me on instagram via a DM if you have a question about it, as I am not on here very much (my info is bsillydude).
The link is: Comparative Biomedical Sciences - University of Georgia College of Veterinary Medicine
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi! We don't have an enforced dress code other than for things like anatomy lab or an occasional event of some sort. You can pretty much wear what you please so long as it's not PJs!Does anyone know if they have a dress code? I can’t find anything on their website saying if they require professional dress or not
Thank you!Hi! We don't have an enforced dress code other than for things like anatomy lab or an occasional event of some sort. You can pretty much wear what you please so long as it's not PJs!
Everyone lives off campus, as far as I'm aware. Most students find a roommate or two and end up in a condo, house, or apartment of some sort. Many vet students live on the east side, near the Veterinary Teaching Hospital, or somewhere between the VTH and the classic campus vet school. Last year, there was also a document posted in the facebook group with housing opportunities if you end up struggling to find options- wouldn't be surprised if that ends up happening again in a month or two. If you PM me I can point you towards a few complexes that a number of students end up in!Congratulations to those that got accepted!
Wondering if anyone knows about housing for the vet school. Do most people live on or off campus? Anyone have any good resources? Thanks!
stovebird
UMN CVM c/o 2027
Question for current students: Does UGA have specific technology requirements? I want to get an iPad for vet school ASAP so I can use it for the rest of undergrad, but I am still undecided on where I will attend. Just want to make sure first that none of my potential schools have technology requirements.
Hi! I attached a screenshot of what we were told last year, would assume it would be about the same. Tons of people have iPads, but you also need a computer because some of the applications we use (like exam software) won't work on iPads. Past that, they didn't mention anything about tablet requirements. For computers, they recommended a MacBook Air or Pro (I know you're thinking more about tablets but in case anyone else needs the info!).Question for current students: Does UGA have specific technology requirements? I want to get an iPad for vet school ASAP so I can use it for the rest of undergrad, but I am still undecided on where I will attend. Just want to make sure first that none of my potential schools have technology requirements.
stovebird
UMN CVM c/o 2027
Are we required to have a Mac OS? I have a Windows laptop that is relatively new.Hi! I attached a screenshot of what we were told last year, would assume it would be about the same. Tons of people have iPads, but you also need a computer because some of the applications we use (like exam software) won't work on iPads. Past that, they didn't mention anything about tablet requirements. For computers, they recommended a MacBook Air or Pro (I know you're thinking more about tablets but in case anyone else needs the info!).
It did say on the document that Macs were requiredAre we required to have a Mac OS? I have a Windows laptop that is relatively new.
Has anybody gotten a confirmation that they received your alternate form? I emailed it but am irrationally paranoid that they won't see it and I won't be put on the list lol
I didn’t hear back from Parker after submitting mine. I think he’s probably got a lot going on so I was just going to leave it until April and check in to make sure it was received.Has anybody gotten a confirmation that they received your alternate form? I emailed it but am irrationally paranoid that they won't see it and I won't be put on the list lol
danielle n
New Member
I did get an email back from Parker saying “thanks, Danielle!”Has anybody gotten a confirmation that they received your alternate form? I emailed it but am irrationally paranoid that they won't see it and I won't be put on the list lol
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I spoke too soon...just received the same email 🤣I did get an email back from Parker saying “thanks, Danielle!”
I have been looking through the forums and in 2020 I know they at least got down to like #8, but in 2017 they got all the way down to #30Does anyone know how many alternates they typically choose?
Is this for IS?I have been looking through the forums and in 2020 I know they at least got down to like #8, but in 2017 they got all the way down to #30
OOSIs this for IS?