Uh 2008

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I think the best part of being accepted was changing and adding all the education information on Facebook. :p Heck, I did it on MySpace too.

I love your avatar!!!I want to eat them up! yummmmy gummy!

Members don't see this ad.

Wow it's just dawning on me..I'm going to Pharmacy school! :laugh: Glad to see this thread is moving along....CONGRATS EVERYONE!!!

So when do we get information about parking, class schedules and all that good stuff at the orientation? Or they will just keep adding information the orientation site one at a time...just wondering :)

Wow it's just dawning on me..I'm going to Pharmacy school! :laugh: Glad to see this thread is moving along....CONGRATS EVERYONE!!!

So when do we get information about parking, class schedules and all that good stuff at the orientation? Or they will just keep adding information the orientation site one at a time...just wondering :)

I've been curious about all that information too but I'm trying to read past forum posts to find out. According to current pharm students, we will be notified to register much later. For orientation dates, I think they will be updating http://www.uh.edu/pharmacy/orientation as they near closer.

I love your avatar!!!I want to eat them up! yummmmy gummy!

Don't eat them! They're in loooooooveeeee. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone else find it just a little weird that there is a list of people on facebook that most of us dont know each other now but we will in a couple of months and then will be around these people for years?

yep... I'm feeling kinda anxious

Does anyone else find it just a little weird that there is a list of people on facebook that most of us dont know each other now but we will in a couple of months and then will be around these people for years?

Yeah, but I'm excited to meet them all!

Hey, how many patches/badges/polo shirts did you order? I'm thinking of ordering just one of everything for now but I wonder if we can order some more later on.

none yet but I will be. I am thinking of buying a couple of polos for family members (like parents). I will be ordering probably two patches and two white coats, one to keep sparkling white and the other to use.

none yet but I will be. I am thinking of buying a couple of polos for family members (like parents). I will be ordering probably two patches and two white coats, one to keep sparkling white and the other to use.

You can really just get one white coat and patch for now and order more later if you need to. You can buy a cheap "throw down" white coat for compounding and I do recommend that, but other than that you really don't need two unless you just feel like spending money. When you get your white coat just take it to the cleaners and request heavy starch and that should make it more resistant to stains.

i had my interview on 4/18. has anyone that did this interview on the 18th heard anything?

i had my interview on 4/18. has anyone that did this interview on the 18th heard anything?
You will probably hear from them by the end of next week. I heard from them 13 days after my interview. Good luck!

Is there anyone who is currently working and planning on working next year? What are your thoughts on keeping a job during the school year? I'm working at CVS and clocking in about 15-20 hours a week, but I think I'm going to cut that down to no more than 10 hours. I don't want to completely quit working because I really love my job and co-workers, plus the extra money for coffee wouldn't hurt. :)

I am currently working in a hospital as an IV tech on the weekends. I plan to keep on working for a little while. I'm lucky to have a supervisor who's willing to work around my schedule in school. However, if things get rough in pharmacy school I will quit my job in a heartbeat.

I think the best part of being accepted was changing and adding all the education information on Facebook. :p Heck, I did it on MySpace too.

I agree with u

Members don't see this ad :)
I am currently working in a hospital as an IV tech on the weekends. I plan to keep on working for a little while. I'm lucky to have a supervisor who's willing to work around my schedule in school. However, if things get rough in pharmacy school I will quit my job in a heartbeat.

Ahh, don't quit ur job. u can still make it while working 10 hrs a week. By the way, what do u expect others to do if u quit ur job. I quess u know where I am coming from, cos u don't want me to broadcast (Top ten .............) proud of u girl, keep it up.

For all those who are currently attending UH... don't forget about the PPA Banquet tonight!!! 6 PM... Houston Room!!!

Speaking of work and banquet, I wish I could go but I will be working. :(

:)Congratulations!! Doanie I am so happy for you, seriously, I am so proud of you ! :hardy: I dont know how to get you a dancing monkey, if i knew I would. I dont know about UH for me though. (I messed up the interview) but its Ok,
I just received good news from Kingsville! yay!, but I dont have 500 dollars :(. but yay!

Hey Omar :)

I'm sure you did great on the interview. You're way too hard on yourself. I think we had a good group. Everyone was pretty friendly. I figure we won't hear anything from UH for about two more since they had their last group last friday. I'm anxiously waiting on that acceptance letter ;) Congrats on your acceptance to A&M, but I have to agree with Doanie ... I hope we can all go to UH! You seemed really nice. Good luck :luck:

You will probably hear from them by the end of next week. I heard from them 13 days after my interview. Good luck!

13 days! OMG! Really? I interviewed on 4/18. I figured we wouldn't hear anything for another 2 weeks at least! An acceptance in 5 more days would be absolutely wonderful! :) But...I'm willing to wait ... as long as it's an acceptance that is :D Congrats to you!

-be blessed

Reactions: 1 user

I did ... and not yet :) Where were you sitting in the "breakout" room?

13 days! OMG! Really? I interviewed on 4/18. I figured we wouldn't hear anything for another 2 weeks at least! An acceptance in 5 more days would be absolutely wonderful! :) But...I'm willing to wait ... as long as it's an acceptance that is :D Congrats to you!

-be blessed

Thank you, thank you! Best of luck to you. Give us the good news as soon as you receive them. :)

BTW, PPA Banquet was fun! It wasn't a large group of us so we had plenty of good food for seconds and leftovers. It was a bittersweet ending... my position as officer is officially over. :(

Thank you, thank you! Best of luck to you. Give us the good news as soon as you receive them. :)

BTW, PPA Banquet was fun! It wasn't a large group of us so we had plenty of good food for seconds and leftovers. It was a bittersweet ending... my position as officer is officially over. :(

I was fun while it lasted, I am already sorta missing the people that I might not be able to see next year... Man... yesterday night I was amazingly tired o_O...

Thanks Diva, I am very anxious as well, Omg I can't sleep :confused:, I really want UH, I want to be with my friends, but God only decides where I go. I wouldn't mind A&M, I actually had dreams about an acceptance from there, but no dreams from UH yet :(

I'd Like to find some people to carpool from Spring to the UH Central Campus. I'm very flexible on pick-up and drop-off locations. I will be moving to Spring in a couple of months and attending UH College of Pharmacy in the fall. I will be dependable; my school attendance is very important. If you live up north let's save on gas and lessen traffic stress together!

anybody from west/southwest wanna carpool? highway 6 and westpark area

Had my interview last Friday (25). Thought I did fine, will let all know how it goes, hopefully in 2 weeks. Very good interview experience.

*crosses fingers*
Steve

Had my interview last Friday (25). Thought I did fine, will let all know how it goes, hopefully in 2 weeks. Very good interview experience.

*crosses fingers*
Steve

I wish u the best.

I'm on the other side of Hwy 6...Sienna Plantation to be exact. Bummer. :(

If I get in, we should DEFINITELY carpool. I live right there =D
*praying*

Just a couple of more days! to find out the Truth! :D

Has anybody heard anything about his/her FAFSA?

No. I dont think the college of pharmacy is done with it yet.

yay now i can stalk doanie haha
i might carpool with you but i still haven't found out if i'm movin out yet. i don't think i will so that's good news for you!! now you don't have to worry about filling up twice a week =)

Got my acceptance email today !!! So happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I screamed at my workplace hahaha!

Kingsville Here I come!:D, by the way Congrats!:thumbup:

Sorry but I have to say I am glad I am not attending a college named IRMA LERMA. I just havve to laugh when I say it out loud.

Probably a great school just a funny name.:laugh:

AWH H$#@ Naw LOL, (It actually has a meaning behind it) we're gonna have to 'Throw it down' with some nomenclature or something! @ the UC, bring your pencil :D

Ok so what does Irma Lerma Rangel mean?

I just get a picture of a really nerdy girl with big glasses on a house rangling bulls.

Thanks Everyone. Can't wait to see everyone in the Fall. I didn't expect to get in at all. =D so happy !!!!

I am having some troubles with logging on PeopleSoft. Was I supposed to have a temp password?

I am also thinking about moving out. Anyone looking for a roomate?

Try looking on the facebook group there are many people looking for roomates there. You can call the college if you are having troubles logging into peoplesoft.

Got my acceptance email today !!! So happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I screamed at my workplace hahaha!

Congrats! When did you interview? I didn't know they sent out acceptance emails - I thought you just got acceptance letters.

I am having some troubles with logging on PeopleSoft. Was I supposed to have a temp password?

After typing your user ID (your peoplesoft #), click on "Request a New Password". They will send you your password to your email account after you verify your identity by answering a series of questions.

Congrats! When did you interview? I didn't know they sent out acceptance emails - I thought you just got acceptance letters.

Yep, you get your email a few days before the actual letter. I love it! You don't have to stalk the mailman as much :)

Hello again future P1's. I just recieved your preliminary schedules for next fall, and I noticed that you will have Dr. Peidemonte for cells. He pulls some of his material from Lehninger's Principles of Biochemistry. It is one of the recommended texts for cells I. I used this book quite a bit, others I am close to did not. If you have a comprehensive biochem book from undergrad you will probably be fine without it. If you wish to buy my copy of this book, the price is $100 cash. Send me a PM if you are interested. First C-Note gets this publication.