Uh 2008

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Dienophile, if I misunderstood you, I apologize. I think everyone came SDN in order to get information. Every pre-pharmacy student need not only information but also courage.
If you felt I was aggressing, I apologize too. Be honestely, I'm not in good mood these two days.

I am happy this whole thing ended well. Cos I started getting worried, but decided to stick out of it, as many others did. At a point I thought u guys probably knew each other.

Members don't see this ad.

my mind is at ease now. sorry for disturbing you guys.

Lets think happy thoughts... happy... happy!!! congrats to everyone for making it through the tough year... esp. our very kind and helpful P1s and P2s!! I don't think we can thank you all enough for the help and advice you have given us throughout this long and difficult process. Without you all... we would have driven ourselves mad with unanswered questions!!! Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedules to keep us sane :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Dienophile, if I misunderstood you, I apologize. I think everyone came SDN in order to get information. Every pre-pharmacy student need not only information but also courage.
If you felt I was aggressing, I apologize too. Be honestely, I'm not in good mood these two days.

Dianer, I accept your apology. Please accept mine. I truly do wish you the best.

Has anybody received any information about financial aid yet?

Has anybody received any information about financial aid yet?

I haven't and I've been waiting for it too. :(

Anyway, I did a search for the UH thread from last year and it seems that the 2007-08 P1s did not receive their FA packages until after the first week of June 2007. But, maybe it was because peoplesoft was newly implemented and it had all sorts of problems associated with it. Hopefully, it's all fixed now so we can get our aid a little earlier.

Based from last year, those people who met the April 1 priority deadline will probably receive the package first.

I haven't and I've been waiting for it too. :(

Anyway, I did a search for the UH thread from last year and it seems that the 2007-08 P1s did not receive their FA packages until after the first week of June 2007. But, maybe it was because peoplesoft was newly implemented and it had all sorts of problems associated with it. Hopefully, it's all fixed now so we can get our aid a little earlier.

Based from last year, those people who met the April 1 priority deadline will probably receive the package first.

I don't know how slower they (Uh Fin aid) could be, I turned in my acceptance letter since 04/21/08 and it still says initiated. I turned in my forms to Tex Tech Fin aid and in 2 weeks they sent me my award letter.

I don't know how slower they (Uh Fin aid) could be, I turned in my acceptance letter since 04/21/08 and it still says initiated. I turned in my forms to Tex Tech Fin aid and in 2 weeks they sent me my award letter.

I think it takes at least five business days for Peoplesoft to update anything. But it's been over 3 weeks. Maybe you should give them a call.

I turned everything in, including my letter, a few days before April 1.

I think it takes at least five business days for Peoplesoft to update anything. But it's been over 3 weeks. Maybe you should give them a call.

I turned everything in, including my letter, a few days before April 1.

i turned my stuff in a little after ethyl. like the first week of april. i don't see anything yet. if they are following any type of first come first serve order, then i'll be expecting something as soon as ethyl says she's received a response. till then i'll just .......:sleep:.

hi! does anyone know if UH has finished sending out all their letters yet? .... i have been tabled and was wondering whether they are done with their decisions....

i interviewed on 4/18.... has anyone from 4/25 interview heard back yet? :)

hi! does anyone know if UH has finished sending out all their letters yet? .... i have been tabled and was wondering whether they are done with their decisions....

I interviewed on 4/18 as well. The adcom was scheduled to make decisions on the 4/25 group on friday 5/9 (according to the admissions office) so I would recommend that you call them. A waitlist has already began so they should be able to give you a more detailed status. Good luck and I hope to see you in the Fall :):luck: I wonder if we met at the interview....

I've been tabled since 3/19 and I haven't heard anything yet either. However, I emailed Morgan Ely last Friday and he told me that they should hear from the admission's committee in a few days. So, I'm thinking the letters are already in the mail being sent or they're about to send them.

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed on 4/25 and I got a rejection letter in the mail today. I'm okay with it since I have been accepted at A&M. Anyway good luck to everyone else who is waiting!

I interviewed on 4/25 and I got a rejection letter in the mail today. I'm okay with it since I have been accepted at A&M. Anyway good luck to everyone else who is waiting!

Good luck to you and congratulations on your acceptance to A&M!

I wonder how many people got in from the 4/18 and 4/25 interviews? is it a same amount as the earlier interviews? I suspect most people got waitlisted and only a few got in, but who knows. Goodluck to those in the waitlist:luck:

does anyone know when the last day to hand in the spring transcript is? i was just curious as to know how long we have to turn it in.

does anyone know when the last day to hand in the spring transcript is? i was just curious as to know how long we have to turn it in.
I don't know if there is a deadline, but Ms. Berkley told me to mail in transcripts as soon as your grades are posted.

is there any way to send a transcript over to the pharmacy college without having to go to campus and physically moving it from the garage to sr2? is there a mailing option. on peoplesoft, i see there's an option to send it to your home address. is there any way we can send it directly to the college without them sending it to us?

is there any way to send a transcript over to the pharmacy college without having to go to campus and physically moving it from the garage to sr2? is there a mailing option. on peoplesoft, i see there's an option to send it to your home address. is there any way we can send it directly to the college without them sending it to us?

Yes, there is. Underneath the home address option there's a tiny word "edit" that you can click to type in the address of the third party where you want your transcript to be sent. After submitting the address it'll redirect you back to the page where you can enter name of the institution/person receiving the transcript. You'll be charged $10 for this service. That's how I did it.

Yes, there is. Underneath the home address option there's a tiny word "edit" that you can click to type in the address of the third party where you want your transcript to be sent. After submitting the address it'll redirect you back to the page where you can enter name of the institution/person receiving the transcript. You'll be charged $10 for this service. That's how I did it.

Also, I seem to remember an option of sending it to the COP electronically AT NO CHARGE. But, they may want a hard copy in which case you would have to use Ethyl Methyl's method. Call them (COP). It may save you $10.

Are we just sending our transcript to UH, or directly to the COP?

So, finally! after a long wait, my peoplesoft account is showing my estimated financial aid budget. The problem is it doesn't include the cost of tuition and fees. The only things included in the budget are cost of books and supplies, transportation, room and board, and misc. personal expense. No tuition and fees estimate. :confused:

For our esteemed upperclassmen, is this all we are getting? Or will they add the cost of tuition and fees later? Do I have to apply for private loans for the tuition or what? I'm not sure how this federal financial aid works since this is the first time I've ever applied for it. Another thing, how do I know if there is anything I should do after this like applying to the banks to get the funds or just accepting the award if it is an aid from Uncle Sam? Can you tell us how you sorted out your financial aid/ federal loans last year? Please... :( Thank you :)

So, finally! after a long wait, my peoplesoft account is showing my estimated financial aid budget. The problem is it doesn't include the cost of tuition and fees. The only things included in the budget are cost of books and supplies, transportation, room and board, and misc. personal expense. No tuition and fees estimate. :confused:

For our esteemed upperclassmen, is this all we are getting? Or will they add the cost of tuition and fees later? Do I have to apply for private loans for the tuition or what? I'm not sure how this federal financial aid works since this is the first time I've ever applied for it. Another thing, how do I know if there is anything I should do after this like applying to the banks to get the funds or just accepting the award if it is an aid from Uncle Sam? Can you tell us how you sorted out your financial aid/ federal loans last year? Please... :( Thank you :)

PM sent.

I seems i am not the only one with a similar problem.

Does yours actually show the amount awarded? Mine just shows the estimated financial aid budget, but it doesn't show awards. It says You have no financial aid awards available for viewing in this aid year. I called UH today and they said they were still processing mine and to check back next week.. :p

hey where do you see financial aid stuff?

hey where do you see financial aid stuff?

After logging in, go to Financial Aid and then click on View Financial Aid. If they are done with your financial aid estimate you should be able to click on year 2009 and see how much financial aid budget you're going to get.

Does yours actually show the amount awarded? Mine just shows the estimated financial aid budget, but it doesn't show awards. It says You have no financial aid awards available for viewing in this aid year. I called UH today and they said they were still processing mine and to check back next week.. :p

Yes, it does. But the amount is way lower than I was expecting--maybe because it doesn't include the cost of tuition and fees yet. Mine also says estimated financial aid budget and then goes on to list the amount for each item in the list per semester. I'm not sure if that is a financial aid award money that they give us--meaning it comes from the gov't-- or if that is the loan amount we can ask from the banks. Like I said, I really have no clue on how this FINAID stuff works. Also, mine doesn't say subsidized or unsubsidized. This is sooooooo confusing!

Yes, it does. But the amount is way lower than I was expecting--maybe because it doesn't include the cost of tuition and fees yet. Mine also says estimated financial aid budget and then goes on to list the amount for each item in the list per semester. I'm not sure if that is a financial aid award money that they give us--meaning it comes from the gov't-- or if that is the loan amount we can ask from the banks. Like I said, I really have no clue on how this FINAID stuff works. Also, mine doesn't say subsidized or unsubsidized. This is sooooooo confusing!

Yea I totally agree with you. Mine has tuition for the fall semester but not for the spring. I seriously doubt tuition is 3,800 a semester. that's cheaper than a regular undergrad semester!!! if my financial aid award is as low as this estimate... i dunno what i'll do. tx tech gave me 35-40K!!!

When do we register for classes? I didn't receive any awards yet, will this change whenever we register for classes and the financial "need" changes? I hope so...:confused:

So, peoplesoft hasn't put tuition in the financial budget yet. Once this is added your estimated need will go up.

Also, you WILL register for classes, however the school will inform you of when you need to do this. There's no hurry because there are spots available for everyone.

So, peoplesoft hasn't put tuition in the financial budget yet. Once this is added your estimated need will go up.

Also, you WILL register for classes, however the school will inform you of when you need to do this. There's no hurry because there are spots available for everyone.

yea on my estimated budget, they only counted tuition for the fall and stated that it was just 3,800... which i know isn't right!!

Guys, chill. It's usually around 30k/academic year.

The only people that can take pharmacy classes are pharmacy students, so don't worry about registering they will tell you when to do it. AND if you mess it up, they will tell you, repeatedly, until you fix it. :)

yea on my estimated budget, they only counted tuition for the fall and stated that it was just 3,800... which i know isn't right!!

It will probably be more like twice that, and I'm sure they'll correct it on peoplesoft in time. Mine actually still doesn't have tuition listed for fall or spring. Hopefully they'll have it posted soon.

I just saw that my FINAID budget had changed from $3,800 to $6,833 per semester. And totalled to over $30,000 for the whole year.

My Fall 2008 budget still stands around $3,800 but my Spring 2009 budget is at $6,833. I still haven't gotten any award package though, except my Academic Excellence scholarship that I've been getting each year as an undergrad. Not sure if I am still qualified for it... but it shows up as an accepted award for the next year so I'm just going to assume that I will still be reimbursed.

Keep posting updates! It helps a whole bunch, even though we are still all slightly confused. :)

My Fall 2008 budget still stands around $3,800 but my Spring 2009 budget is at $6,833. I still haven't gotten any award package though, except my Academic Excellence scholarship that I've been getting each year as an undergrad. Not sure if I am still qualified for it... but it shows up as an accepted award for the next year so I'm just going to assume that I will still be reimbursed.

Keep posting updates! It helps a whole bunch, even though we are still all slightly confused. :)

Yea mine is the same: Fall = $3,800 and Spring = $6,833

Just an FYI: Everyone who gets financial aid freaks out at the beginning of every semester because People Soft or the financial aid office don't report the correct information right away. For those of you entering as P1's, just relax. Everything will work out. You may not know more specific information until you actually start in the fall. I can give you some general information that pertained to me, but things may work out different for you guys, so don't take this too literally. It depends on the semester, but tuition was around $4,000 to $7,000 per semester. Some semesters are only 12 hours, some are 19 hours. After 1st year, school is year-round (fall/spring/summer), but the financial aid for the summer semesters is additional (not part of the fall/spring award).

UHCOP has had difficulty with their financial aid advisor position since Mrs. Polk left a couple of years ago. She was the best, but I heard she started law school. I'm honestly glad I'm done and don't have to worry about the financial aid office anymore. But everything will work out for ya'll. They won't let you fall through the cracks.

Just an FYI: Everyone who gets financial aid freaks out at the beginning of every semester because People Soft or the financial aid office don't report the correct information right away. For those of you entering as P1's, just relax. Everything will work out. You may not know more specific information until you actually start in the fall. I can give you some general information that pertained to me, but things may work out different for you guys, so don't take this too literally. It depends on the semester, but tuition was around $4,000 to $7,000 per semester. Some semesters are only 12 hours, some are 19 hours. After 1st year, school is year-round (fall/spring/summer), but the financial aid for the summer semesters is additional (not part of the fall/spring award).

UHCOP has had difficulty with their financial aid advisor position since Mrs. Polk left a couple of years ago. She was the best, but I heard she started law school. I'm honestly glad I'm done and don't have to worry about the financial aid office anymore. But everything will work out for ya'll. They won't let you fall through the cracks.

Thanks. I feel more relaxed now.

2 people got accepted from the waitlist today! Congrats to them!!!!! :hardy::hardy:

Yaaay! And congrats to the rest of us who just moved up two places on the list!!!:) The list is definitely moving slow. Hopefully, more students will finalize their decisions soon. I can't wait to get off this list!!!!:D

It Feels a little weird to just sit and wait for Pharm School to start, the only other thing that will happen around here would be someone getting picked from the wait list.

It Feels a little weird to just sit and wait for Pharm School to start, the only other thing that will happen around here would be someone getting picked from the wait list.

I've told you before man.... beer. LOL. Enjoy the break.

i just enrolled myself in the classes for our 1st semester (14 credit hrs) yesterday night. haven't paid yet cuz i'm still waiting on my financial aid awards. just a heads up if yall havent checked the orientation website in a while. also, our first day of orientation starts at 7:30 am, and our white coat ceremony is on fri, aug 22 at 11:30 am, but we have to be there by 8:00 am. sucks for me cuz i can never get up early in the morning...

Last edited:
I have a question I hope someone can answer. I plan on applying this upcoming year and noticed on the website that you must attend a UH Step One advising session. Is this required before applying?