UH interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Genuine said:
hmm there is? that kinda throws the 2 wk gap off track! :confused:

Hey how was your interview??

Members don't see this ad.

Itoohaveadream said:
Hey how was your interview??

I think it went really well... haha i wont really know until i get "THE" letter from them...

... but my personal opinion... I totally loved the school -- i should say the people... students, staff, faculty... they were all SUPER nice... understanding, helpful... u name it.

I had a great experience. They put me totally at ease and I was wayyyyyy calm! Now dont know if thats a good thing or bad :) But i did get sick... so maybe it was the meds kicking in ;)

Thank Genuine for clarification on interview dates. Combined with the data I got from the invitation post, I think they have bi-weekly interview until 2/24, then it's getting crowded, once a week.

It's good to know that you like the school. I went there for advising session last year. I know I like the city so this is really my first choice.

Good luck and wish you get admission letter soon!

Members don't see this ad :)
3/10 :D

p.s. found this site when googling for interview tips...so glad to have found you all...have been hesitant letting others know of the interview with fear of getting myself too nervous :laugh: ..."just breathe"

Hi! There is still hope for UH. I just recieved an email yesterday for an interview on March 14th. Good luck to everyone!

orange_ivy said:
Hi! There is still hope for UH. I just recieved an email yesterday for an interview on March 14th. Good luck to everyone!

Would those of you that have recieved an interview at UH mind sharing your stats so I can get an idea of what type of applicants they are granting interviews to? It will really help ease some anxiety :scared: . Thanks in advance!!

utssk said:
Would those of you that have recieved an interview at UH mind sharing your stats so I can get an idea of what type of applicants they are granting interviews to? It will really help ease some anxiety :scared: . Thanks in advance!!

BBA In MIS
G.P.A: 3.86
PCAT: 75% composite

Good Luck!

I have a 73 composite and 3.5 gpa.
I am getting a degree this may.

utssk said:

3.94 gpa
86% pcat
recieved by acceptance letter on 2/10

overall gpa-3.67
science gpa - 3.47
pcat comp - 83%
nontraditional student

For those of you lucky folks that got accepted to UH already, or are current UH students, does UH have immunization requirements that needs to be completed before beginning their 1st year?

Thanks!

Genuine said:
For those of you lucky folks that got accepted to UH already, or are current UH students, does UH have immunization requirements that needs to be completed before beginning their 1st year?

Thanks!

they didnt send anything about immunization requirements and they said that they werent go to send anything else out until april or may.

Genuine said:

Thanks!

Hey Genuine, it's interesting you should ask this question because I got an urgent letter just today telling me to be sure to get my syphillis booster.

Wait a minute...this letter isn't from UH. It's from an ex-girlfriend. :eek:

Never mind.

Seriously though, UH didn't tell me anything about shots. But they did say they'd be sending future emails.

Members don't see this ad :)
that1guy said:
Hey Genuine, it's interesting you should ask this question because I got an urgent letter just today telling me to be sure to get my syphillis booster.

Wait a minute...this letter isn't from UH. It's from an ex-girlfriend. :eek:

Never mind.

Seriously though, UH didn't tell me anything about shots. But they did say they'd be sending future emails.

umm... okay then...

oooh how did u get notified by UH... email or snail mail... ??? or a $1000 shopping spree??? :laugh: I cant wait to hear from them!

Genuine said:
umm... okay then...

oooh how did u get notified by UH... email or snail mail... ??? or a $1000 shopping spree??? :laugh: I cant wait to hear from them!

it was actually by falcon. or snail mail.. :D

hey guys, anyone else here have an interview on friday? I've lived in Houston most of my life but I have never seen UH's pharmacy school in the Medical Center and I'm excited to see what they have to offer!!!

i guess my previous post got lost in the server mishap. bump!!!

Good luck, atx rx! UH has a great program, and there interview process is really laid back. Except for the quiz they give you on differential equations and organic chemistry mechanisms, I mean. :scared:

Joking. I'm sure you'll love it.

atx_rx said:
hey guys, anyone else here have an interview on friday? I've lived in Houston most of my life but I have never seen UH's pharmacy school in the Medical Center and I'm excited to see what they have to offer!!!

i agree with that1guy --- its really laid back... just prepare well with all the SDN Qs... i had the same questions on the interview. I was done a lot sooner than i expected.. the whole process ended in like 3 hrs for me.

TMC area is really nice... at least i like it a lot, with all the hospitals/schools around it.. but that wont be our campus until the 3rd year... 1st 2 years would be at the UH main campus.

It's a great school.

Good Luck!

Has anybody ( who interviewed on 2/10 )heard anything from UH yet?
I heard they are going to notify you by email, Is that true?

usp1123 said:
Has anybody ( who interviewed on 2/10 )heard anything from UH yet?
I heard they are going to notify you by email, Is that true?

When i went on the 24th, I heard it would be over regular mail. Could'a heard wrong. & Genuine went on 10th, she's gotten her acceptance letter

Itoohaveadream said:
When i went on the 24th, I heard it would be over regular mail. Could'a heard wrong. & Genuine went on 10th, she's gotten her acceptance letter

When did Genuine got the acceptance letter?

i had my interview at UH on feb 10th and got an acceptance letter on feb. 25th

Are you a UH student?

usp1123 said:
When did Genuine got the acceptance letter?

Hi,

Yes, I interviewed on the 10th and got my letter on the 27th in the mail.

Good Luck!

Genuine said:
Hi,

Yes, I interviewed on the 10th and got my letter on the 27th in the mail.

Good Luck!

Are you living in Austin?

usp1123 said:
Are you living in Austin?

Because I am living in Austin. I just want to know how long it takes for the mail to get here.

im from lubbock

usp1123 said:
Because I am living in Austin. I just want to know how long it takes for the mail to get here.

Im from Dallas... yeah i was trying to do the same thing trying to figure out how long the mail will take! One of the people that interviewed with me was told that if they dont hear back within a month, they can call the school to check their status. Maybe u can try that as well, in case you dont hear from them.

Did anyone get a tour when they went to the UH interview? I asked a first year student about it at my interview and she told me she first got a tour of the facilities when she was at orientation!

Anyone know if you can get a tour of the Science and Research Building and the Pharmacy Building?

atx_rx said:
Did anyone get a tour when they went to the UH interview? I asked a first year student about it at my interview and she told me she first got a tour of the facilities when she was at orientation!

Anyone know if you can get a tour of the Science and Research Building and the Pharmacy Building?

i went to the school over the summer and met with the admissions director and she gave me a tour of the building.

atx_rx said:

No i didnt have a tour at the interview --- and was wondering about it later that day! :(

YAY!.. i got in guyz. Now if UT will stop playing games with a chick, i'll be ever more happy. But all it takes is one admission, that one opportunity and i'm so grateful for it. I've always said that UT is where I want to go, but... everything happens for a reason, if UH is where God wants me to be, then I'll gladly be there....

ps: i know i'm talking like UT already rejected me... i shouldn't do that, cos I can't hear the fat lady!!

For those I've met or rubbed elbows with yesterday at UH COP...good luck and enjoy your break - I crashed right when i got home :sleep: ... but looking forward to the mail in a few weeks. And it wasn't too bad, eh? I had Dr Lynn Simpson and she was very nice and easy to talk to. Put me at ease immediately and you can tell she is sincerely interested in me as a student. :thumbup:

sorry if i overlooked this bit of info in another post but i was told by my interviewer that there will be 135 seats this fall. most tx schools increased their seats by 15 :thumbup: for a few reasons - one being due to unt not opening...

timbo301 said:
I was told by the admissions people that there will be 125 people. I was an ambassador for one of the interviews and one of the interviewees told me their interviewer told them 2000 people applied this year. wayyy false.

So did 2000 people not apply this year? Or are there just 125 seats...?? kind of confused on whats wayyy false :confused:

Thx!

Genuine said:
So did 2000 people not apply this year? Or are there just 125 seats...?? kind of confused on whats wayyy false :confused:

Thx!

oh sorry. false about 2000 people applying. theres only 125 spots.

I got accepted to UH!!!

atx_rx said:
I got accepted to UH!!!

CONGRATS! :D Did you get an email or a letter over the weekend? :)

A thick letter, it came in Friday

Congrats! So even though they said it takes 3 to 4 weeks, it could be as fast as 2 weeks!

yeah, I am surprised that I heard back so fast, my interview was March 10th!!!

atx_rx said:
Wow...... I thought you interviewed on 3/3, then we were at UH in the same day! This is fast. Hm, starting today I will be checking mail box daily :D no matter if it's good or bad news.

atx_rx said:

Yes, congrats! I've been stalking my mailman this weekend.but no letter yet. hope to post some good news soon.

i'm wondering how they are going through the applicants...last name or order of interview? if you don't mind me asking, did you have an early morning interview or is your last name in the beginning of the alphabet...

haha, actually I wrote the wrong date, my interview was the 3rd, I just can't read my calendar. :laugh:

My interview was in the morning, I got there at 9 and I left almost exactly at noon, it seemed really fast. But my last name is toward the begining of the alphabet (H) so I dunno how they look over applicants.

atx_rx said:
haha, actually I wrote the wrong date, my interview was the 3rd, I just can't read my calendar. :laugh:

My interview was in the morning, I got there at 9 and I left almost exactly at noon, it seemed really fast. But my last name is toward the begining of the alphabet (H) so I dunno how they look over applicants.

phew! i'm laughing with ya on that one. so two weeks eh? there's hope for me yet. my last name is at the end of the alpha so let's see how that will work. thanks for the info! and congrats again!!

YES! got my letter this morning...screaming for joy...my 10 mo old just thinks its another playtime!!she's screaming along with me!
see you all there in Aug!

PharmArt said:
YES! got my letter this morning...screaming for joy...my 10 mo old just thinks its another playtime!!she's screaming along with me!
see you all there in Aug!
Congrats! I wonder where my letter is, admission or rejection or being tabled... I also interviewed on 3/10. Do you mind if I ask where you live? I live in Dallas.