UH interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I got my acceptance letter today at UH!

~He conquers who endures~ Persius

Members don't see this ad.

ding said:
Congrats! I wonder where my letter is, admission or rejection or being tabled... I also interviewed on 3/10. Do you mind if I ask where you live? I live in Dallas.

if u r frm Dallas - u might get your letter on Monday. :) Good Luck!

Genuine said:
if u r frm Dallas - u might get your letter on Monday. :) Good Luck!
Thanks, the only thing I can do now is to wait :)

Members don't see this ad :)
ding said:
Congrats! I wonder where my letter is, admission or rejection or being tabled... I also interviewed on 3/10. Do you mind if I ask where you live? I live in Dallas.

hey there ding, i live in houston so you may get yours on Mon! when i didn't see anything on Friday I thought the adcom has either not met yet or :thumbdown: boo for me but it turned out to be a beautiful sat!

:luck: i'm crossing my fingers for you...stay positive!!!!

p.s. my interviewer said that the adcom usually only met once a month but if it seems like they met after the 3/3 interviews and the 3/14 interviews. they must be meeting up after every 2 group...just speculating...so glad i didn't have to wait another 2 weeks...i would have gone gray!

PharmArt said:
hey there ding, i live in houston so you may get yours on Mon! when i didn't see anything on Friday I thought the adcom has either not met yet or :thumbdown: boo for me but it turned out to be a beautiful sat!

:luck: i'm crossing my fingers for you...stay positive!!!!

p.s. my interviewer said that the adcom usually only met once a month but if it seems like they met after the 3/3 interviews and the 3/14 interviews. they must be meeting up after every 2 group...just speculating...so glad i didn't have to wait another 2 weeks...i would have gone gray!
Thank you PharmArt! Now I believe I will get a letter tomorrow no matter what it says!

ding said:
Thank you PharmArt! Now I believe I will get a letter tomorrow no matter what it says!

good luck! i'm cheering for you!

Did anyone else recieve an e-mail for interview on April 28th. That seems kind of late....but i was wondering if anyone else recieved it or not. Also....do all of you plan on going or declining?????

pokey83 said:
Did anyone else recieve an e-mail for interview on April 28th. That seems kind of late....but i was wondering if anyone else recieved it or not. Also....do all of you plan on going or declining?????

i'm going. i just turned in my signed letter of acceptance to the school a few hours ago. i'm a UH student already so no need to worry about snail mail, moving, and all the other fun stuff etc...

p.s. if any out of towners are looking for good apts or townhouses for rent i work inside the loop and people are always posting rentals on our company want ads.

Yeah!!!!!!! Accepted!

Many thanks to all who cheered for me and helped me!
Genuine, you are the one I thank most, I wouldn't have done that well at the interview without reading the interview feedback section. You guided me there!

BTW, anyone know how to decline an offer that I already accepted? I am talking about Texas Tech, I had to accept first to meet their deadline, now I need to tell them I won't go... Shall I write them a letter or just email?

i just sent an email to houston to tell them i was turning down their acceptance and they replied the next day telling me congrats

ding said:
Yeah!!!!!!! Accepted!

Genuine, you are the one I thank most, I wouldn't have done that well at the interview without reading the interview feedback section. You guided me there!

BTW, anyone know how to decline an offer that I already accepted? I am talking about Texas Tech, I had to accept first to meet their deadline, now I need to tell them I won't go... Shall I write them a letter or just email?

yeah!!i was wondering if you received anything! i don't know about you but i kept reading my letter again and again to be sure i read right. it's finally starting to sink in as my friends & family congratulates me.

yeah for ding!!

PharmArt said:
yeah!!i was wondering if you received anything! i don't know about you but i kept reading my letter again and again to be sure i read right. it's finally starting to sink in as my friends & family congratulates me.

yeah for ding!!
Haha, thank you for your support through the weekend! My mindset is simple when I read the letter. I read the "Congratulations!" then I decided to call my friends and treat them a dinner! Now I am calming down to figure out how to fill out the forms...

jtac said:
i just sent an email to houston to tell them i was turning down their acceptance and they replied the next day telling me congrats
I see. I was just thinking that I might need to be more formal to turn down an offer that cost me some $150 + :D

Members don't see this ad :)
ding said:
Yeah!!!!!!! Accepted!

oooh so happy for u...I know uve been waiting for Monday all wknd... thats exactly how I was... couldnt wait for Monday to come :D

And u r very welcome... I'm glad I could be of help.

Also for Tech, I e-mailed the admission committee and CC'd Mike with my "rejection" e-mail. They didnt respond, but my status on their website now shows "Declined".

So did u interview at UT as well.. or is this your #1 choice?

Genuine said:
oooh so happy for u...I know uve been waiting for Monday all wknd... thats exactly how I was... couldnt wait for Monday to come :D

Also for Tech, I e-mailed the admission committee and CC'd Mike with my "rejection" e-mail. They didnt respond, but my status on their website now shows "Declined".

No, I didn't apply to UT. My friend's case was kind of screwed there 3 years ago, so I was a little afraid of their application process. I decided to invest my limited energy on feasible targets, the other one I applied is OU. Houston is definitely my first choice, I love the city and culture and food.... and UH/TMC really impressed me! I can't be happier!

ding said:
No, I didn't apply to UT. My friend's case was kind of screwed there 3 years ago, so I was a little afraid of their application process. I decided to invest my limited energy on feasible targets, the other one I applied is OU. Houston is definitely my first choice, I love the city and culture and food.... and UH/TMC really impressed me! I can't be happier!

Good For you! There's nothing like getting in the school of your choice. I agree with the TMC area.. its wonderful. So if I dont hear from Austin... then I should be seeing you in Houston :) Would be fun to start the program with the SDN folks! :thumbup:

Genuine said:
Good For you! There's nothing like getting in the school of your choice. I agree with the TMC area.. its wonderful. So if I dont hear from Austin... then I should be seeing you in Houston :) Would be fun to start the program with the SDN folks! :thumbup:

Hey genuine,
How are you? Congrats again on getting accepted at Uof H.. I atlast got an interview from U of H.. I might need some advice from you as to how to prepare... you have been really helpful...
Thanks again. I will email you soon on a few questions...
Glitterstar

glitterstar said:
Hey genuine,
How are you? Congrats again on getting accepted at Uof H.. I atlast got an interview from U of H.. I might need some advice from you as to how to prepare... you have been really helpful...
Thanks again. I will email you soon on a few questions...
Glitterstar

Sure... I'll be glad to help you. Congrats on the interview ... I know u'll do awesome! :thumbup:

Genuine said:

haha uhh mike emailed me and was like, the deadline for accepting our offer has passed. please confirm you wish to decline. i felt so bad that i didn't give them a prompt answer when i got the acceptance :( so i emailed him and was like yes, i'm declining it. then he emailed me back and was like thank you.

Genuine said:
Seems you like both UH and UT, that's good. Either way you will be happy! I cross my finger for you for UT, thus you will be able to pick out your most favorate. Having said that, I still wish we can be classmate at UH!

ding said:
Seems you like both UH and UT, that's good. Either way you will be happy! I cross my finger for you for UT, thus you will be able to pick out your most favorate. Having said that, I still wish we can be classmate at UH!

Thank you ... Yeah i'll be equally ecstatic be it UH or UT... :) Yeah I know I'm excited about being classmates with you and the other SDN folks as well. :)

For those of you that got accepted to UH, do you mind telling us your gpa and Pcat scores?

Nerdd13 said:
For those of you that got accepted to UH, do you mind telling us your gpa and Pcat scores?

GPA: 3.87 (something like that)
PCAT: 75

Hey everybody who have already interviewed at U of H,
what r my chances? I have an interview on april 21st. Isnt that too late?? Also, My stats are as follows:
GPA 3.88 At University of Texas at Dallas
Pcat 84
10 mths work experience at CVS
B.S. in Computer Science.

Ofcourse I was super late in applying. I applied right before the deadline. Is April 21st the last round of U of H?

Please let me know,,, and any advise as to how to prepare for it? Should I be nervous or less stressed out,,, lolz..

thanks all,
glitter

glitterstar said:
what r my chances? I have an interview on april 21st. Isnt that too late?? Also, My stats are as follows:
Pcat 84

Ofcourse I was super late in applying. I applied right before the deadline. Is April 21st the last round of U of H?

Please let me know,,, and any advise as to how to prepare for it? Should I be nervous or less stressed out,,, lolz..

thanks all,
glitter

I think your GPA and PCAT are both good. Don't worry too much about the late interview, it's just because you applied late. You should stand a good chance as long as you are invited. For preparation, just go to the interview feedback site and write down all the questions listed there. I did the same thing and rehearsed before interview, only one question fell out of my list......

glitterstar said:
Pcat 84

thanks all,
glitter

Hmm............. u go to UTD?, so do I. I'm sure we've at least seen each other. What classes are u taking this semester?
Boy or Girl?
Race?
Height?
I'm trying to see if i can figure u out. Oh what fun!.. LOL

Hey Itoohaveadream,
Do you know Gunjan? That is me.. what classes r u taking this semester? tell me, then we can talk later.... :)

Itoohaveadream said:
Hmm............. u go to UTD?, so do I. I'm sure we've at least seen each other. What classes are u taking this semester?
Boy or Girl?
Race?
Height?
I'm trying to see if i can figure u out. Oh what fun!.. LOL

hey Itoohaveadream, Ok will remove a little suspense.. Me a girl, and am taking microbiology,and genetics class at UTD

glitterstar said:
Pcat 84

thanks all,
glitter

Hey Glitterstar,

Congratulations again on your interview!!!

Like Ding said, really prepare from the Qs on the interview feedback on this site... most Qs come from there... be ready to write an essay and do a group dilemma assignment. And of course get plenty of rest.

Dont get discouraged thinking u got invited late in the game --- cuz if they didnt need anyone else they wouldnt be sending out invitations any more.... So u still have chances.

Just Shine on!

Good Luck, :thumbup:
:)

glitterstar said:
hey Itoohaveadream, Ok will remove a little suspense.. Me a girl, and am taking microbiology,and genetics class at UTD

U didn't say ur race!!!! u didn's say ur race!!.. lol. seriously, what's ur race?

Itoohaveadream said:
U didn't say ur race!!!! u didn's say ur race!!.. lol. seriously, what's ur race?

u didnt say anything about yourself!!!!

Genuine said:

Alrite then, me an Indian, who are you ITOOHAVEADREAM. I know a couple of Indians there at UTD who are pursuing pharmacy... no more suspense.... i already have too much suspense in my life.... do I really know u.....let me know.
thanks. I know genuine now, cannot believe she an indian, my eyes rolled out.... lolzzzz.

glitterstar said:
Alrite then, me an Indian, who are you ITOOHAVEADREAM. I know a couple of Indians there at UTD who are pursuing pharmacy... no more suspense.... i already have too much suspense in my life.... do I really know u.....let me know.
thanks. I know genuine now, cannot believe she an indian, my eyes rolled out.... lolzzzz.

Wow.. how do u two know each other? Ya I also know a lot of pre-pharm indians at utd too! U may or may not know me ;) ... lol, we may have crossed paths sometime in UTD.... who knows.... :D

Genuine said:

LOL :D .. Anywhoz, i tried to pm u, but it said ur box or something was too full.. so here it is:

LOL.. u r a smart cookie!... about the avoiding telling name :oops: .. I'll tell u eventually though ;) ... Yes I am indeed a christian. U? Life is okay... i mean it could be better but it then again, it could be so much worse and I thank God for that.

UT definitely needs to stop playing games w/ us. It's not really nice. Oh wellz, the good thing is that it's already April 7th, EVENTUALLY, SOMETIME, we will hear from them. I just hope they give us enough time to plan out stuff before school.

O.K. adios for now!:)

reverb508 said:
Would it be possible to take 1 year worth of pre-reqs at a school that doesnt offer Pharmacy then transfer into a pre-pharm program at another school as a 2nd year student? It seems to be a better route since entry into the professional program is very competative and students in the pre-pharm program are guaranteed entry. Is this a possiblility or is the pre-pharm curriculum available only to freshmen applicants?

being a pre-pharm student at a campus that has a pharm school doesn't give automatic acceptances. There are like over 300 or 400 students or whatever on campus here at UH and only 127 spots open for the upcomingclass. and if they are like my class and the class before....not all of them are going to be from UH.

some schools may given leniency but i think its fair game for anyone to get accepted.

timbo301 said:
being a pre-pharm student at a campus that has a pharm school doesn't give automatic acceptances. There are like over 300 or 400 students or whatever on campus here at UH and only 127 spots open for the upcomingclass. and if they are like my class and the class before....not all of them are going to be from UH.

some schools may given leniency but i think its fair game for anyone to get accepted.

Thanks for the reply. I talked to URI and was told bluntly that they didn't like transfers and generally prefer currently enrolled students. MCPHS - Boston seemed a bit more accomodating though.

PS: Sorry for Hijacking the thread. I accidentally posted the question in here and quickly deleted it when I saw what I did.