UHS 2004

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mt

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is anyone else out there attending UHS next year? I am looking to meet some of my future classmates.

Members don't see this ad.

hey classmate! i am most likely going to attend UHS next year. i am a senior at Cornell University, i am from new jersey. how about you?

I have reserved my seat and am planning on attending.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey! Look everybody!! I finally made up my mind!! Like my new signature?!?

------------------
Sara
UHS Class of 2004

Congratulations to all the members of the incoming 2004 class!

Hello classmates!!

I am from Baltimore and am very excited about attending UHS this fall. Greg, I am origionally from Buffalo, NY and have visited Cornell in the past. It is a beautiful campus. We also used to play Cornell in hockey. I went to undergrad at St. Lawrence University. I am looking forward to meeting all of you soon and studying medicine together.

Michael
UHS Class of 2004

well, hopefully i will join you guys as classmates. i have an interview there very soon.

Sara,

No KCOM huh?

Well, best of luck and success to you all at UHS. I was very impressed with the school when I interviewed there last year. Plus, KC has K'Ville beat HANDS DOWN!!

------------------
'Old Man Dave'
KCOM, Class of '03

Nothing Risked, Nothing Gained!!

UHS is looking like my first choice as well. I'm from Virginia, graduated from UVA and I have a belgian shepard. Any fellow dog owners/lovers out there looking to share housing in KC?

Catherine

OMD- It was a super hard choice. I loved KCOM, however, the clinical rotation sites are not anywhere near my family, and I want to be at least in the same region of the country as them. I had a great time interviewing there, my interviewers were great.
smile.gif
Just think, now all you KCOM'ers that I've met have a free place to stay in KC.

mt- you played hockey with your college?! Yikes. I'm in for it now.

Cat- what does a belgian shepherd look like anyways?!

------------------
Sara
UHS Class of 2004

just interviewed at UHS-COM. i loved it. if i get accepted, it will definitely be at the top of my list. anyone else interview on friday?

Cranioboy- I'm glad to hear that you liked the school so much. Hopefully we'll be classmates next Fall. How did the interview go anyways?
wink.gif

------------------
Sara
UHS Class of 2004

sara,
i just emailed you w/ my response.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey IDAHO! Are you going to UHS?! (saw your post on the UHS vs UOMHS thread)

are future or current UHS students from the Maryland/DC area?

Michael in Baltimore
UHS-COM Class of 2004

Congratulations on all of your acceptances. I just received an interview from UHS, and I believe that I will decline the offer. I was accepted to PCOM in October, and I still believe it is my first choice. If any of you can tell me about the school, I would greatly appreciate it. I just want to know what I might be passing up.

SD,
Definitely! It's a great school. I've kept in touch with others that were in my tour group during the interview and they also are planning to attend. So, I guess you could add ALABAMA and MICHIGAN to the list also. We have representatives from New Jersey, Maryland, Virginia, Michigan, Alabama and Idaho. Can we get all fifty states and maybe a DC?

[This message has been edited by IDAHO (edited 02-03-2000).]

Idaho- when did you interview there? Plus, who are these Alabama and Michigan people? Are they members here? (You didn't happen to interview at UOMHS, did you? I met someone there from Idaho, and his high school mascot was a potato... Funny guy.)

So many questions. Oh, you can add on Florida/Georgia to your list. I'm considered both b/c FL is my "home", and GA is officially my residence. 43 states left to cover...

Anyone look at any housing in the area?

------------------
Sara
UHS Class of 2004

I believe we interviewed together Sept 27th. Alabama and Michigan aren't members. I thought it would be good to represent them as part of the class.
I didn't go to my UOMHS interview because I was pretty set on attending UHS and fortunately I interviewed there first. The guy from Idaho must be from Shelly (Shelly Russets).

New Jersey, Maryland, Virginia, Michigan, Alabama, Idaho, Florida/Georgia

I will be at UHS in the fall, too. I live in the Bay Area, so add California to your list!
Looking forward to meeting you guys.

Congrats Lennox! That's great. I was wondering where all the westerners were. I guess you're representing the western half of the US for now...
smile.gif

New Jersey, Maryland, Virginia, Michigan, Alabama, Idaho, Florida/Georgia, California

------------------
Sara
UHS Class of 2004

You may be able to add a couple of students from Oklahoma to the class of 2004!!! I was accepted in October and my roomate, through college, was accepted in December. We both have visited several other schools and UHS has been one of the better visits. My wife and I were very impressed with the spouse program. Are there any other 2004 students that are married with their wife anxiously awaiting the spouse program? If so email me ASAP!!

------------------

Hello fellow classmates! I am from Kansas City and I am interested in getting to know some of my future classmates. I just got my acceptance letter in Jan. Is anyone else excited?????????????????????????????

------------------
Julie
UHS Class of 2004

[This message has been edited by Julie (edited 01-27-2000).]

Hey Julie! It's nice to meet you! I'd love to chat with a future classmate! Write me an email, I'd love to learn more about KC from a native.

------------------
Sara
UHS Class of 2004

Congrats to everyone that is going to UH, Kansas City is a great place to live. Big city with a small city atmosphere. I live in KC, and am a transplant. I want to go to UH next year. I know this is personal but can someone tell me what their GPA, and MCAT scores were? I want to know if I am in the ballpark.

I will also be attending UHS and am very excited! I am from the k.c. area, so if you ahve any questions just let me know!

rebecca

I will also be attending UHS and am very excited! I am from the k.c. area, so if you have any questions just let me know!

rebecca

Congrats to all of you, I look forward to seeing you all there next year! For anybody intervewing, UHS accepts most students it offers interviews to, getting the interview is the hard part..Good job!

Hey guys,
I will be interviewing at UHS this friday and I was curious if there is anything special that I should know before I head over there this week?
And one more thing for the Oklahoma students that will be attending UHS next fall, I was just curious if you had applied to OSU-COM? Is there any particular reason for you not attending OSU-COM and choosing UHS?? I interviewed at OSU-COM about two weeks ago and still waiting for a reply.

paq

Howdy Everyone-
You can add Indiana to the UHS list! Anyone know anything about the Kansas City Blades? I heard they were pretty pathetic? Any hockey players out there? Fans? I'm sure we'll need a break from the library once class rolls around!
smile.gif
So, anybody have the scoop on housing? Anyone looking for a potential roommate? Did most of you take time off b/n med school and undergrad? Anyone w/ big plans this summer? Ok.....that was starting to sound like a personal ad....I'll be heading back to Kenya (via Amsterdam) this summer before school starts......anyone else up for that? I'll be doing AIDS education programs w/ a local non-governmental organization. Well, just wanting to chat with some future classmates! Take it easy,

Hank

bri1856,
I noticed from another post that you live in Houston. I also live in Houston. I was just curious what school you attend? Are you still planning to attend UHS?

IDAHO,

I'll be there! I have just finished my MS in Biochemistry from UT-Houston Health Science Center. I am anxiously looking forward to starting classes with everyone.

bri1856,
I also am doing graduate work, but in molecular biology at UH. It is great to see another person from Houston going to UHS. If you get a chance, e-mail me at [email protected].

Hey, Fellow Classmates!

I found a website put out by students for UHS. The website is: http://uhsweb.edu
It is kind of out dated but there are GREAT links to KC. It is designed for all the non-Kansas City residents with links to apt. searches, road maps, and entertainment. It also has some different information about UHS than the other website (http://www.uhs.edu)has. Just passing on the info. Good Luck, everyone with the move to KC.

Julie
UHS class of 2004

You can now add an Oklahoman to the 2004 class. I have decided that money is not everything and I am going against my state school and pursing UHS. Where is everyone going to live???? It would be nice to live in an area with fellow students.

New Jersey, Maryland, Virginia, Michigan, Alabama, Idaho, Florida, Georgia, California, Missouri, Kansas, Texas, Indiana and Oklahoma.

Good job keeping track Idaho.
smile.gif

Hank- I've never played hockey in my life, but I have always wanted to and would love to try. I skated (figure) in high school and I would love to get back to the ice. Someone else (future UHS classmate) on this Board plays too, if he ever gets his knee back in shape...

Anyone thought of where they were going to live? I'm thinking Bennington Ridge right now, it's nice, somewhat close, and around 100 UHS students live there...

------------------
Sara
UHS Class of 2004

I would love to represent MN, I have an interview the beginning of April. Does anyone have perspectives or info about the actual interview? I checked out interviewquestions.com, but there were only a few applicable comments. Thanks from the North!

Hello all,
I hope that I can add Wisconsin to the list, I have an interview on april 3rd, Red when is your interview in april?

Hi everyone,
yet another addition to the UHS class of 2004. I'm from North Carolina. I am excited about attending this fall, but I would love to talk to some of you before then.

meredith

Hello all, looks like I'll be representing Little Rock, AR for the class of 2004. Look forward to meeting all of you!!
Drop me an E-mail at [email protected]
talk to you soon.
Jodie

The two of us will be representing San Diego California!
cool.gif

When are you all planning on moving out to KC? We are shooting for mid July.

dreamTeam
UHS2004

We'd like to be in the KC area by mid-July, but there's oh so much to do between now and then!!!

Eric

You guys rock already!!! I can't wait to meet you all. OH, and add Illinois to the list. I get to represent the farm boys of Illinois I guess
smile.gif
BTW, how many states does that bring the grand total to?

I can't believe how many UHS 2004 regulars that are posting here. I have an idea ... we should arrange a get together some time in early august before we dive into orientation week. Maybe the Kansas City area people can offer a suggestion about where we could meet? I figure a lot of us are probably going to be moving to the area as early as the beginning or the middle of July. It would be great to actually go into orientation week already knowing a handful of people. What do you all think?

------------------
Rhett
UHS Class of 2004

I think a get together is in order before classes start as well. Oh by the way, you can add Indiana to the list.

Okay, I think I have it...

New Jersey, Maryland, Virginia, Michigan, Alabama, Idaho, Florida, Georgia, California, Missouri, Kansas, Texas, Indiana, Oklahoma, Minnesota, Wisconsin, North Carolina, Arkansas, California (San Diego), and Illinois.

Anybody else?
wink.gif

I think the get-together is a great idea. Perhaps we could do it the 1st or 2nd week of August. Anyone know when school actually starts? I was looking at the FA forms and the FA period begins August 21.. so orientation week probably starts the 14th?

Also, anyone looking for a roommate, preferably a NS female, to room with 2 other girls in an awesome duplex, email me please.

Can't wait to meet all of you this Fall.
smile.gif

------------------
Sara
UHS Class of 2004

The 14th of August is around the time we started orientation last year, so that is probably pretty accurate. Congrats to all of you, I've enjoyed being at UHS and I'm sure you will too. Good luck with all the travel plans, and we'll see you around campus next year!

Just received an email from one of my fellow interviewees that he has been accepted at UHS for this fall. He and his wife are from Utah. So add another state!!!

Great job SD. Looks like the list is growing.

New Jersey, Maryland, Virginia, Michigan, Alabama, Idaho, Florida, Georgia, California, Missouri, Kansas, Texas, Indiana, Oklahoma, Minnesota, Wisconsin, North Carolina, Arkansas, California (San Diego), Illinois and Utah.

Our class will be a geographically diverse group.

hello everyone,

i will be attending UHS this fall. congratulations and i look forward to meeting everyone in the fall.

necee
UHS Class of 2004

------------------
Relax and Breath Deeply! Necee