SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

UHS Genesis Curriculum

Discussion in 'Medical Students - DO' started by PainMan, Jan 16, 2002.

1. PainMan

PainMan Senior Member 7+ Year Member

Sep 23, 2001
    anywhere but here
    How is it? Has 2004 taken the COMLEX yet? Do you think you have to study more or less than a traditional curriculum for the COMLEX? thanks

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. electra

electra SDN Moderator 7+ Year Member

Apr 20, 2001
    Michigan
    I cannot answer for COMLEX because I am an MS-1, but I will tell you something about the curriculum. One of the drawbacks is that you are forced each day to attend four (usually) completely different lectures, so the continuity is a little lacking. That said, it does keep you on your toes and gets you thinking each hour. One of the pluses is that I have been exposed (at this point) to more than biochem, embryology, and anatomy. If I shadow a physician in the ER, I can look at a drug list and have some idea of what is going on in that patient's medical history.
    No curriculum is perfect and all schools should be evolving their curriculum to best serve the needs of patients as well as students. That said, I believe that most schools will have some integration of the curriculum in the next few years.

electra