UIC advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

xoxomegss

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any advice for my UIC interview on thursday? all the old posts on the interview feedback page seem older.. also, anyone know my chances being out of state and all or if the class is full already? thanks guys! :p

Members don't see this ad.

Get there early and if possible, maybe check out the area the night before so you don't get lost...not that it's hard to find or anything, it's just better to be safe than sorry. They'll sit you in a room with the other applicants and provide you with food and drinks.

As for the interview, relax and be honest. The UIC interview was very conversational and laid back. With both of my interviewers, we ended up going off topic once we found some common ground (bartending, same alma mater, etc). The interviewers are required to ask certain questions, so between the conversation, they'll have to look at their Q sheet and throw out some of the classic interview questions...Why dentistry, Why UIC/Chicago, etc.

As an out of state applicant, I would have to same your chances of getting in statistically aren't too high. The past couple years they have admitted a very select few, if any, out of staters. They usually max out at about 6 out of staters on the higher years, but who knows. If you're competitive and an all around solid applicant, you have as good of shot as any. They obviously liked you enough to give you an interview.

Best of luck.

Yea.. just get there early and dont worry about it. All the questions I was asked were all listed in the intervew feedback section. The only one I had trouble with was when they asked me about my gpa/dat scores because it had been a while since I actually looked at them. Aside from that, Ann's really friendly as well as the interviewers I had. Maybe this is a good year for out of staters.. good luck :D