UIC campuses

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bokermmk

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a UIC interview in 2 weeks. Do they still have openings on their Chicago campus? Also if they do not is it possible to defer to get one for the nexg year?

Members don't see this ad.

They'll probably tell you at the interview. When I was there, they said that there were still spots, but that may have changed. The Dean said that they were more conservative about acceptances this year since they overbooked their class last year. This could mean that spots are filling up more slowly.

The Dean said that they were more conservative about acceptances this year since they overbooked their class last year. This could mean that spots are filling up more slowly.

I hope this is true. I interviewed in OCT. and have been on hold ever since.

Members don't see this ad :)
LaurieB, how long does it take to find out about your site assignment? I sent in my site preference card about two weeks ago and it has been confirmed that they have it.

*crosses fingers for Chicago*

I sent mine out around the same time. They received it on the 21st, but I haven't heard anything back.

Can you defer a year to get the campus you want?

I spoke too soon...my letter came in this afternoon and I got Urbana (M1) and Peoria (M2-M4). I had ranked Chicago first overall and Urbana first for the UPR Track Clinical Assignments. So unless I had some special misfortune, it looks like Chicago is all booked up.

LaurieB, I got M-1 at Urbana too. I currently attend UIUC, so I don't mind staying here one more year because my fiance will be graduating next year.

However, I got M-2 through M-4 at Rockford. My fiance and I are planning to get married after he graduates, and he will be working in Chicago. What do you think are my chances of transferring to the Chicago campus for M-2 through M-4? Should I call UIC this week and talk to them, or should I talk to them in person?

I'd call them right away. I vaguely remember there being some sort of appeals process to this, but I could have been dreaming.

Originally posted by bokermmk
I have a UIC interview in 2 weeks. Do they still have openings on their Chicago campus? Also if they do not is it possible to defer to get one for the nexg year?

I interviewed on Dec. 22 and they said that it was "filling up." I supposed that meant they had a few spots but not many. My interviewers suggested that I get the preference card in as soon as I get it in the mail so I sent it in the morning after I got my acceptance (I think on Jan. 14. I can't remember whether it was Jan. 7 though--definitely a Wednesday). I called them a few days ago to find out whether I got an assignment and the worker in the office said they just mailed out assignments a few days before that and I should be getting mine in the mail this week. At the interview the guy who gave the little presentation (I can't remember his name or what he does) implied that it was possible to switch into Chicago if some people who are holding places on the Chicago campus end up going somewhere else at the end of the process. I think that one of the girls who gave the tour said something similar about a friend who interviewed last year (or 2 years ago) late and ended up at Chicago.

The lady who answered the phone told me that it was impossible for me (or anybody) to transfer to Chicago for M-2 through M-4. However, she also told me that I could send them a letter stating reasons why I would rather be at the Chicago campus than the UPR track and the committee would consider my request in May.

After considering my options for the past two days since I found out which campus I was going to (Urbana and Rockford), I have weighed the pros and cons of the Chicago and UPR track and came to the conclusion that the UPR track is just as effective, if not better, than the Chicago track. I may very well stick with the UPR track.

Any opinions on the school in Rockford or the UPR track?

Woohooooo!!

I got my letter this afternoon 1/28. I got assigned to the Chicago campus M1-M4.

Your so lucky! I got Rockford just the other day.

does anyone know what the pros and cons are of each campus? thanks!

the chicago campus is the most difficult one to get into.

Originally posted by fitchpath
does anyone know what the pros and cons are of each campus? thanks!

Chicago has a high cost of living and is currently the murder capital of the U.S. On the other hand it is one of the most active and vibrant cities in the U.S. so you're guaranteed to not run out of things to do.