UIC: Did this happen to anyone else?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

newhavenjake

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I haven't heard anything from UIC since my application was complete in janurary.

Clearly I'm not going there because they didn't interview me, but it just seems a bit rude. For the application fee they could at least shoot me an email.

Frankly, I have been unimpressed with UIC throughout the process. Their secondary was a mess, they couldn'y get my zip code right after three phone calls (which may be why they did ever formally reject me), and they didn't treat me very well on the phone.

Anyone else?

Members don't see this ad.

don't forget the infamous email they sent inviting folks for secondaries. It had no subject and the sender was labeled "root".

I requested it be resent after deleting it thinking it was spam.

Plus I had the exact same problem with my address.

derf said:
don't forget the infamous email they sent inviting folks for secondaries. It had no subject and the sender was labeled "root".

I requested it be resent after deleting it thinking it was spam.

Plus I had the exact same problem with my address.

Conclusion: AWESOMENESS

Members don't see this ad :)
the same exact thing happened to me! not a word since i completed the secondary application. not only that, i graduated from univ of illinois, urbana-champaign! i know it's not the same undergrad institution as UIC, but they're both considered part of the same med school system.

the best part of the secondary app was that the essays, which were REQUIRED, but were under the sections that were labeled OPTIONAL. i called to clarify and told them they should get it fixed asap, but they lady didn't seem too bothered by it. i wonder how many people's apps got rejected because they thought the essays were optional!

somz said:
the same exact thing happened to me! not a word since i completed the secondary application. not only that, i graduated from univ of illinois, urbana-champaign! i know it's not the same undergrad institution as UIC, but they're both considered part of the same med school system.

the best part of the secondary app was that the essays, which were REQUIRED, but were under the sections that were labeled OPTIONAL. i called to clarify and told them they should get it fixed asap, but they lady didn't seem too bothered by it. i wonder how many people's apps got rejected because they thought the essays were optional!

yeah, my mom is on the teaching faculty at the urbana campus. I'm not saying that I should have gotten any preferential treatment, but you'd think they would at least keep me updated as a professional courtesy to her.

UIC has a very poor administrative/admissions management and staff.

UICpremed said:
UIC has a very poor administrative/admissions management and staff.

I have to agree. The secretary is very nice but whoever the hell the "admissions officers" are happen to be the rudest people I have ever encountered.