UIC Feb adcom meeting?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JuicyDay

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone called to find out when UIC's Feb adcom meeting is? Is it tomorrow (2/17)?

Members don't see this ad.

ok, i guess not.

i'll call tomorrow morning and post it here if anyone else wants to know. i interviewd on jan 19th, so i just really want to know now.

:)

Hey JuicyDay,

I'm anxiously waiting to hear from UIC too after my 1/19 interview.

Did you end up calling and finding out if the committee met today?

I hope we both get in so we can just breath a sigh of relief at this point.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed:)

Members don't see this ad :)
hey!
yeah, i did call, but the lady said that she was not authorized to even tell me when they were meeting. the only thing that i could get out of her was that they did not meet before today. and that's it.

well, if anyone has ANY change in their status page tomorrow morning, please let us know! (b/c that means they have met).

good luck to you too, UIChopeful! :thumbup: :luck: :scared:

When I called yesterday, I was told my file was going to the Feb meeting. Which sounds like they have not met yet. But it seems like they meet on the 3rd Thursday of every month, so who knows.

Any change to status pages?

Can anyone share the link to the status page???

My status changed this morning to:

A final decision was made on your application on 02-22-05. Please allow two-weeks to receive the correspondence in the mail. If you do not receive this correspondence in two-weeks, please contact the Admissions Office. No decision will be given over the telephone.

I hope that means I'm in.

Good luck to the rest of you!

UIChopeful said:

A final decision was made on your application on 02-22-05. Please allow two-weeks to receive the correspondence in the mail. If you do not receive this correspondence in two-weeks, please contact the Admissions Office. No decision will be given over the telephone.

my status changed to the same today too.....<fingers crossed>

MisterMo said:
my status changed to the same today too.....<fingers crossed>

going off of the previous months, this status change corresponds with an acceptance. congrats!

question: are they finished inviting for interviews? havent heard a peep from them. anyone know?

limbo said:
question: are they finished inviting for interviews? havent heard a peep from them. anyone know?

They are definitely not done. UIC interviews well into March.

Members don't see this ad :)
:scared: :scared:
chitown82 said:
They are definitely not done. UIC interviews well into March.

yep, youre right. just called them. keep your fingers crossed for me!!!! :scared:

UIChopeful said:

Mine did the same!!!!!!!!!!! :D
I think we're in, dude! And i'm really glad your status changed, UIChopeful. I am sure we must have seen each other our interview day (since it was at the same spot!), and with a name like yours, it's like a beautiful storybook ending, don't you agree? :p

If this is true, it's my first acceptance!! yay!!!!

Congrats! If you call uic and nicely pester them, they might tell you over the phone so you won't have to wait for the packet.

weee! Mine says the same thing :D
Do they have a special placement card or do we have to write it out?

Also, does anyone know if they have any Chicago spots left?

Mine says the same thing too!! What does a rejection look like? Anybody with that message ever get a rejection? I'm paranoid!

I don't think there are any Chicago spots left. I was accepted last month to UIC and got placed in Peoria even though I ranked Chicago as my preferred location. But then again, I'm from Peoria.

I can say some good things about Peoria--they tell me they produce very high board scores there. They also produce a very high number of surgeons so if that's your thing then it's good. The cost of living is lots cheaper than chicago and I think the teaching is really good. I did research there one summer that required me to shadow all the general surgery services so that's where I'm getting this info from. And I have to say that working with the patients was wonderful. I didn't sense any tension between patients and physicians. Also, the general surgery group in Peoria has a Da Vinci robot which is a very rare resource.

so, anyone who had their status change get a letter yet? I am in the chicago suburbs and haven't gotten anything.

Hey everybody,

For those of you waiting and wondering, I live in Chicago and I received my acceptance package in the mail today, so those of you in the suburbs should be getting it in the next day or two.

I can tell you this, I had never had such an urge to hug a mailman in all my life :laugh:

P.S. JuicyDay, thanks for all the kind words... and yes, it is a
storybook ending for me :)

I live in Skokie, and haven't received mine yet. Maybe tomorrow :)

UIChopeful said:
Hey everybody,

For those of you waiting and wondering, I live in Chicago and I received my acceptance package in the mail today, so those of you in the suburbs should be getting it in the next day or two.

I can tell you this, I had never had such an urge to hug a mailman in all my life :laugh:

P.S. JuicyDay, thanks for all the kind words... and yes, it is a
storybook ending for me :)

No problem, UIChopeful :)

I didn't get anything yet, though i live on the southside. i guess they are sending it to my parent's house in the 'burbs, which is 40 miles away. hopefully tomorrow...

if this comes through, what a weekend this will be.... :D

Did anyone mail their cards yet? Mine will probably reach them sometime next week if I get the package tomm. or sat.

Where is my acceptance, dammit??!! Does it really take over 3 days for mail to get from the city to the suburbs??!! I have a dog that barks at the mailman...hope he's not trying to sabotage me...

got my acceptance packet today! I live in the western suburbs

MisterMo said:
got my acceptance packet today! I live in the western suburbs

I got mine today at 1:30 PM.. I drove to UIC to drop the card + all that useless crap. Now the waiting begins.. again :p

yay! [my parents] got my acceptance today!

woohoo!! :D

Okay, well. Excuse me while I have a heart attack.

chitown82 said:
did you get the letter yet?

No. GRRRR. Is it possible to call the post office and ask them to dig around for it? I live in Skokie!! That's 30 minutes from UIC. Not to mention I work literally 2 blocks away from the admissions office. I could've walked over to pick the damn thing up.

redruby said:
No. GRRRR. Is it possible to call the post office and ask them to dig around for it? I live in Skokie!! That's 30 minutes from UIC. Not to mention I work literally 2 blocks away from the admissions office. I could've walked over to pick the damn thing up.

I live in Skokie and I got it yesterday.. USPS is weird. No use calling the post office now. You should get it on Monday.

I live in California and I got mine today!

redruby said:

hang in there, redruby. i'm sure you'll get it VERY soon; a lot of things could have delayed it with USPS. :thumbup:

Finally got it today. I can't believe somebody in California got it before I did!