UIC interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
hey Dr.2011, did u interview as well at UIC? am just a little curious as for why u got the rejection about a week ago. I interviewed about a week ago

Members don't see this ad.

according to a previous post i saw, UIC waits until later for their official rejection letters. they send out some before the interview and the rest right before the interview. the reason why is to accomodate for those who either do not RSVP or reject the invitation to come and interview. the initial interview pool is about 300 and then there is also an interview waitlist - so if there's room in the interview pool those on that waitlist will move in and be allowed to interview. so, i am assuming that those who got rejected just recently were probably on the interview waitlist and then officially received the letter after the interview phase completed.

hope that may answer your question.

so nothing yet right? last year they sent out emails today for those that were acceptances.. not exactly the date today but like the weekend after the interviews ended.. i was so nervous checking my email after i got back home! my stomach was all knotted up.. anyone else feel the same!

Members don't see this ad :)
so nothing yet right? last year they sent out emails today for those that were acceptances.. not exactly the date today but like the weekend after the interviews ended.. i was so nervous checking my email after i got back home! my stomach was all knotted up.. anyone else feel the same!

I haven't gotten anything yet either. Hopefully we'll hear this week. I know they said they would notify us starting on the 16th at the latest (I think?). Or maybe it was we would know by the 16th. I totally feel the same way... the anticipation is killing me.

nothing here either. last year, they sent the acceptances out first, then the rejection. so, what i have been doing is checking my email then checking SDN. =)

a post by genesis mentioned they just started looking at regular applications. i guess that may mean we will find out next weekend sometime after all?

i'm nervous, too. let's keep the hope alive, everyone! =)

MPBenJ, what time did you interview at on the 28th? were you there in the morning?

yeah, I havent gotten anything in the email either... I interviewed on the 29th.... pins and needles pins and needles :scared::scared:

I was there in the afternoon on the 28th. My check-in time was 12:45.

who was there on the 30th at 9:30am or 10:45am?

where are the emailsss... i have started losing sleep over this.. its just constantly circling in my head! :scared:

sick of checking my email............

me too! =) when i see someone reply to this post, i always think it's to say whether someone got in or not.

we should find out soon. do you all think it may not be until the weekend? or anytime during the week? i'm so nervous.

My bet is that they'll send out emails this Friday night. They seem to send emails out at night for some reason.

Yeah Friday night does seem pretty favored..I got my interview email then also.. I just wanna know already though..didnt seem like they took this long last year..

Members don't see this ad :)
My bet is that they'll send out emails this Friday night. They seem to send emails out at night for some reason.

you know, i was thinking the same thing. it's going to be an evening, but it seems unlikely during the middle of the week. and perhaps they did not send it out this past weekend because it was easter? not sure. considering the results came out april 1st last year, which was 2 weeks before easter, which was on april 16th last year.

so, i'm predicting friday or saturday night, with a strong likelihood for friday.

I'm with everyone else; checking my email every time I have a chance. I got rejected last year because of a hiccup at Harcourt with my PCAT scores. I got that email on the Monday after everyone got their acceptances. I agree that we'll probably hear Friday evening. Working with that theory, less than 48 hours left to wait!! Didn't they say we'd hear within two weeks? Good luck to everyone waiting with me!

One of the letters in the folder they gave us at the interview said the notification process would begin by April 16 (monday). The interview emails came on Friday nights so I'm sticking with my Friday night prediction. Seems like we are all thinking the same thing.

I agree with the previous poster: Good luck to everyone and we're almost there!!

this is kinda comical how we are trying to predict when we'll hear back from them. =) it seems the chi-town people are a minority. are there more chi-town people on these boards?

I got rejected last year because of a hiccup at Harcourt with my PCAT scores.

What do u mean when u say hiccup with ur scores. Please elaborate. And what was ur stat for last year and what did u do to improve for this years application.

I live in Chicago - pretty close to the UIC campus too. I live in the Ukrainian Village/West Town area.

Harcourt Press did not send my PCAT scores last year. I had confirmation that I had asked them to (and paid them to), but by the time it was all sorted out it was past the application deadline. My PCAT composite is a 93, but I only scored a 65 on the math portion. It had been ten years since I had taken a math class, so I used my year to self-study college algebra and geometry then went to a City College of Chicago and retook Calc I&II. I also used my year to get my CPhT and do some extra volunteer work. Hope that answers your question. :)

Harcourt Press did not send my PCAT scores last year. I had confirmation that I had asked them to (and paid them to), but by the time it was all sorted out it was past the application deadline. My PCAT composite is a 93, but I only scored a 65 on the math portion. It had been ten years since I had taken a math class, so I used my year to self-study college algebra and geometry then went to a City College of Chicago and retook Calc I&II. I also used my year to get my CPhT and do some extra volunteer work. Hope that answers your question. :)

Yeah it does answer my question thanks. I'm from MD and really hoping that UIC gives me the chance. ITs the only school i've interviewed at thou i know my PCAT might be my pitfall.

I'm also pulling that the results would be out tomorrow evening so by sat we'd be having the result on SDN

I'm from Chitown too. I just got pretty nervous thinking we'll find out any day now. It all comes done to this for me. All I got left to hear from is UIC and Midwestern and I think Midwestern looks pretty bleak right now. The suspense is killing me!! :eek:
Good luck all :thumbup:

i live in the 'burbs of Chicago. but i LOVE driving into the city. when i visit my friends at UIC, i usually go to halsted to go out to eat.

so, friends, if today is the day... we have approximately 12 hours to find out.

good luck, friends. i really do hope we are all in the same class. =)

i'm nervous. today's workday is going to go by so superslow. =)

i'm nervous. today's workday is going to go by so superslow. =)

i work at walgreens as a tech and I cant even check my email all day! i dont get home till 6... grr...

this waiting is ridiculous... i just want to know, in or out or waitlisted... highly stressed here. :scared:

yes!!
I can't wait to find out too. I want to know so that I can move on with my life...
I have a feeling it will happen on the 16th though...
Let's just try to have a good weekend regardless!

:confused:

Hey - I just got an email telling me I've been accepted....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YES!!!! I'm so excited!!!!!:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Good luck to the rest of you..... and check your email!

Somebody pinch me! I just got my letter too!!!! WHOO HOO!!! I still can't believe it! Congrats MPBenJ! I guess I'll see you this fall!

I can't believe it either!! I come back from a meeting and there it was - an acceptance e-mail! I feel so much happier than I'd imagined it to be.. !!

I can't believe it either!! I come back from a meeting and there it was - an acceptance e-mail! I feel so much happier than I'd imagined it to be.. !!

I got in too! Woo-hoo! I thought it would come in the evening, but this is great! I was so excited that I left work 15 minutes early! :) See you guys in the Fall!

congratulations and welcome to UIC Pharmacy.
If you are interested in living at UIC, you should apply ASAP.

isn't it funny that we all found out on Friday the 13th? :D

Oh my gosh! I got accepted too (Thank God)! This feels so good! See you guys this fall!
Woo hoo!

I got in!!!!!!!
I cant believe i would ever be posting this!! :D
I dont know if im gonna live there or not yet.. how abt everyone else here?

I got in! :banana:
God this feels good!!! The last few weeks have been so stressful. I am so excited and I can't wait to see you all there!
Congrats everyone!!!

isn't it funny that we all found out on Friday the 13th? :D

Congrats to all of you that got in .:thumbup:
I'm sad to say that I got denied. :(
this is my very first post, but i have been waiting and reading all the posts you guys have written.
But this is my first year applying and i have seen that many of you have tried several times.
well.... let me know how pharmacy school is
once again, Congrats to all of you who got in, and if you didn't that's ok it wasnt out turn yet. we will try again next year.:cool:

But I'm #19, so I think my chances of being accepted are pretty good....but I have a bit of a problem. I'm currently taking Organic Chemistry 2 and it looks like I might not get a C in the class. Do you think UIC will allow me to retake the class in the summer if I am eventually accepted? If not, does anyone have any suggestions for me should I get a D in Orgo 2? Am I basically screwed until next year? Like let's say I retake Orgo 2 in the summer anyway and they offer me the spot after I have finished the course. Does anyone think they would revoke their offer after learning that I didn't get a C by the end of the Spring semester? I'm losing sleep over this...any help would be appreciated. Thanks

I got in too! it is really awesome, finding out on fri the 13 makes it that much more memorable. I dont know whether to live at UIC (i heard from the ambassador students that the dorms are not very good at all) or to live somewhere nearby that it would be easy to get to campus. What are other people doing? Im from the chi area by the way.

But I'm #19, so I think my chances of being accepted are pretty good....
You're on the bubble in terms of the wait list. For my year, we went to number 24, but last year, went to about number 19 on the wait list.

Housing in the UIC area is not the cheapest. You can find a one bedroom apartment for about $800 per month, and two bedroom for about $1000 per month. The major realtors in this area are Galucci and New West. You can start to look for August move in in about June. Once you get a UIC web id, you can access the UIC off campus housing listings online.
If you stay on Taylor Street, the 38 bus will drop you off. If you stay on Harrison, the Harrison bus does swing down to Polk and Wood.
The cheapest housing is along Western Ave, but I advise caution. That is where things begin to get bad. Your starting to head into Lawndale/Garfield Park west of Western.

Hey Genesis, what about my dilemma? It doesn't matter whether I get accepted or not if I don't pass Orgo 2 right?

Hey Genesis, what about my dilemma? It doesn't matter whether I get accepted or not if I don't pass Orgo 2 right?
You are required to get a C on all required prereq courses like orgo 2. If you get a D, take it over the summer, anywhere, even CC. If then you later get pulled from the wait list, explain your situation to them. Hopefully, they will give you an exception to the rule that all required prereqs must be completed by the spring semester.

hey genesis,

i wanted to ask you if u think its better living on campus? i live in the suburbs right now with my parents.. i could move on campus if i had to.. what do u think?

I live on campus and it is very convenient. If you commute, you have to figure in commute times. For people taking Metra, depending on what station, they either transfer to the Pink line, #7, or #38 bus. Your first class is normally at 8:30am.
There are many people who commute daily to UIC.

I'm in too!!!

But after alot of thinking, I'm going to turn down my acceptance. I just don't think uic has any more to offer me than it did during my undergrad and I'm more than ready to leave the campus. So I'm gonna get the waitlist moving!!

I live on campus and it is very convenient. If you commute, you have to figure in commute times. For people taking Metra, depending on what station, they either transfer to the Pink line, #7, or #38 bus. Your first class is normally at 8:30am.
There are many people who commute daily to UIC.

Yeah I go to UIC right now as an undergrad..and I commuted the last year.. I just didnt know how important it was to stay on campus with pharmacy school.

Congrats to all of you that got in .:thumbup:
I'm sad to say that I got denied. :(
this is my very first post, but i have been waiting and reading all the posts you guys have written.
But this is my first year applying and i have seen that many of you have tried several times.
well.... let me know how pharmacy school is
once again, Congrats to all of you who got in, and if you didn't that's ok it wasnt out turn yet. we will try again next year.:cool:

I'm sorry to hear that. I have been through enough dissapointments in my life to understand. Hopefully, you're already working on doing things to make yourself more appealing to the adcom for next year. Keep the faith and stay strong. :) :thumbup:

I am a reject. I feel like ****. Like someone chewed me up and spit me out. And I am waitlisted at two other schools. I hope I get in somewhere.

I am a reject. I feel like ****. Like someone chewed me up and spit me out. And I am waitlisted at two other schools. I hope I get in somewhere.

I am a walking testimony that the impossible is possible. This is my third year applying, and finally I got in! I was really doubting whether to pursue pharmacy because I kept getting rejected and wait-listed. However, as the years progressed, I think although I did not want to apply - I was that much more passionate about why I wanted to do pharmacy. I went from pretty sure - to absolutely sure. Last year I got waitlisted at Midwestern CCP and Southern Illinois. That was the longest summer of my life. I really hope things work out for you, but if they do not - just gear up for next year - and give it all you got.

It's still a dream for me, but whether it be this year or next. Keep hope alive. You can do it!

Were you put on the alternate list?.... On one of the sheets they gave us at the interview they said that 21 people came off the alternate list last year and 75 in 2002.....