UIC interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Were you put on the alternate list?.... On one of the sheets they gave us at the interview they said that 21 people came off the alternate list last year and 75 in 2002.....

I had an interview, but I got rejected. No alternate. No nothing. I am on the alternate list for MWU CCP and LECOM in Pa. I am keeping my fingers crossed. I just don't want to have to put off my life for ANOTHER year considering then it wil lbe at least 5 more years till Im done with school. But I am not giving up. But it sucks majorly. I guess my 3 years experience and 3.53 gpa isn't good enough for them. I guess it was my pcat score. I got a 50. BUT I know someone who got less then 20 and got accepted this semester! She's my friend, i love her to death, and we have pretty much all the same other stats! :( :( :( I dont' get it.

Members don't see this ad.

I had an interview, but I got rejected. No alternate. No nothing. I am on the alternate list for MWU CCP and LECOM in Pa. I am keeping my fingers crossed. I just don't want to have to put off my life for ANOTHER year considering then it wil lbe at least 5 more years till Im done with school. But I am not giving up. But it sucks majorly. I guess my 3 years experience and 3.53 gpa isn't good enough for them. I guess it was my pcat score. I got a 50. BUT I know someone who got less then 20 and got accepted this semester! She's my friend, i love her to death, and we have pretty much all the same other stats! :( :( :( I dont' get it.

I am sure it's hard to understand how they even process applications. I would feel frustrated too if I am in your position. However, don't give up quite yet. Maybe you can retake the PCAT and approach it differently this time. Which section do you need to most work? Also, go schedule a meeting with Paula and Thomas and ask them what you can do improve your application for next year.

Your GPA is very decent for UIC. What is killing you is your PCAT. Raise it to over 70, and you should have a better chance.

Members don't see this ad :)
yeah, I got rejected post interview as well. I had a 3.0 gpa, and an 87 pcat. What is killing me is that I bombed my first time around general chem 1 & 2, w/ c- and d- respectively, retook both at local comm colleges, and got A's in both classes. I already have a biology bachelors, passed the ptcb this year before interviews (late feb), and took a job at a local pharmacy right before interviews started(late feb also). I'm sort of shell shocked right now. :confused:

yeah, I got rejected post interview as well. I had a 3.0 gpa, and an 87 pcat. What is killing me is that I bombed my first time around general chem 1 & 2, w/ c- and d- respectively, retook both at local comm colleges, and got A's in both classes. I already have a biology bachelors, passed the ptcb this year before interviews (late feb), and took a job at a local pharmacy right before interviews started(late feb also). I'm sort of shell shocked right now. :confused:

I feel your pain. I'm sorry it didn't work out this time, but if you're committed, I think you have a good chance of getting in next time. I don't think those two classes hurt you since you did retake them. I have similar stats as far as GPA and PCAT (GPA 2.8, PCAT 91) and I retook a gen chem class because of a D. Your PTCB and Pharm experience had minimal impact since the supplementals were in by then, but will look good next cycle. The only things left are personal statement, LOR, interview and in house essay. I would go over those with a fine tooth comb, see if there's any improvement to be had and polish those before next cycle. Don't assume anything, reconsider the people you asked for LOR's, have several people read your personal statement, go over everything you can remember in the interview, etc. If your'e really aggressive, retake the PCAT and try to get over 90. Maybe take some extra classes over the summer or fall to give yourself an extra boost. You can probably ask UIC straight out, what they recommend you do to increase your chances next year. Probably not what you want to hear right now, but maybe look at this post later and take whatever advice works for you. Good luck and hang in there!

well said pharmboy. My stats were not that great as well, 45 pcat composite but 75, 78 and 95 in biology,math and chemistry respectively. As u can see, i must have failed the english parts miserably. But i did not let it get me down and i had over a year of pharm experience with GPA 3.73 . My extra curriculla were more than enough and i was part of 4 student organizations. I do believe i was exteremely charming during the interview and kicked some ass on the writing part. These little things are something that can make them change their mind and give you a chance. Keep working on these and i can bet you will get in next year.

Hey I am in the same boat as you, and I currently have an interview for tomorrow morning so I wouldnt worry to much about them looking down on this

Hey I am in the same boat as you, and I currently have an interview for tomorrow morning so I wouldnt worry to much about them looking down on this

Hehe. You're in last year's thread bebe. We have another one around here somewhere. I'll bump with a good luck to those interviewing this week (including myself).