-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
UIC Interviews?
Started by spark423
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Hopefully sometime soon. The fire must have really set them back 🙁
Hello! I've applied to UIC as well. I was sorry to hear about the fire, but thankful that no one was hurt.
A fire is a devastating blow to anyone, and I believe patience is necessary at this time! However, I did receive an email concerning the fire, and I believe it mentioned that interview invites would be emailed sometime after the middle of February!
A fire is a devastating blow to anyone, and I believe patience is necessary at this time! However, I did receive an email concerning the fire, and I believe it mentioned that interview invites would be emailed sometime after the middle of February!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone hear from them yet?
This is one of those instances when you wait. Calling won't help much. We'll get emails sooner or later.
I wonder if UIC will still send out the interview invites this week... The email that was sent after the fire stated that they still hoped to review applications and select interviewees by mid February. At that time, did they expect that it would take as long as it did to set up an office again? Hmmm...
I also wonder if they still plan to have interviews during their spring break. If so, they'll probably want to get invites out within the next 2-3 weeks at latest in order to give people some time to plan.
Here's hoping that some miracle will have the invites emailed this week.
I also wonder if they still plan to have interviews during their spring break. If so, they'll probably want to get invites out within the next 2-3 weeks at latest in order to give people some time to plan.
Here's hoping that some miracle will have the invites emailed this week.
Anyone have any idea on when we can expect to hear from UIC about interview selections?
Current UIC students: Can you share when you received notification of interviews when you applied?
Thanks! 🙂
I'm a current P1 at UIC and I received the email telling me the time and location of my interview on Feb. 23 - so you guys should be hearing from them soon. I have no idea how much of a delay in the process was caused by the fire though. All I know about that is that none of the applications were damaged.
I'm a current P1 at UIC and I received the email telling me the time and location of my interview on Feb. 23 - so you guys should be hearing from them soon. I have no idea how much of a delay in the process was caused by the fire though. All I know about that is that none of the applications were damaged.
can you share your stats plzz
Hi all. I just received an email this morning saying that they are in the process of reviewing the completed apps and hope to have a decision and emails sent by next week.
I got the email too and it sounds like a lot of people were calling about the status of the application review.
I got the email too and it sounds like a lot of people were calling about the status of the application review.
That is what it sounded like. I'm Glad that there are outlets such as SDN for me to ponder my status over rather than calling UIC directly. They're probably not feeling too friendly at the moment.
That is what it sounded like. I'm Glad that there are outlets such as SDN for me to ponder my status over rather than calling UIC directly. They're probably not feeling too friendly at the moment.
definitely. i'm glad i didn't call! 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
That is what it sounded like. I'm Glad that there are outlets such as SDN for me to ponder my status over rather than calling UIC directly. They're probably not feeling too friendly at the moment.
haha, that is totally what I was thinking too!
Hmmm....
I'm going to guess that they will be sent out Thursday between 9 and 11:30 am.
It's more fun guessing a specific day and time🙂
First person that gets one needs to post!
I'm going to guess that they will be sent out Thursday between 9 and 11:30 am.
It's more fun guessing a specific day and time🙂
First person that gets one needs to post!
i think that it will be friday, sometime after normal business hours, like at 7 pm. 🙂
Sounds good to suffer!🙂
I have received my interview invite. The email was sent to me at 12:16 pm. I am maybe 1% happier than I was before I received the invite. Being accepted is the only event that'll get me truly excited, although I am very relieved that there were no fatal errors in my application up to now.
I also received one at 12:16 pm.
Sigh...I hopefully it won't fall on the same day as my OSU interview that week. =T
Time to resume compulsively checking our emails for that time/date.
Sigh...I hopefully it won't fall on the same day as my OSU interview that week. =T
Time to resume compulsively checking our emails for that time/date.
u guys sure it is not some hoax, stats 3.33 Pcat 85 and im out of stater with no pharm expirenece and only 20 hrs of volunteer expirenence and i got selected. musta been my armz that got me in
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats guys!
I was not selected for an interview, but I got into my first choice, so I'm happy🙂
Good luck to everybody!
I was not selected for an interview, but I got into my first choice, so I'm happy🙂
Good luck to everybody!
Congratulations. In the past, they have given the interview information in the e-mail, but because of the fire, they might still be working out where to have them. For the past few years, they have been in the COP. Before that, when they use to interview every applicant, they used rooms in the west side Union.
genesis,
Do you have any idea about how much the interview is worth in the overall point system? More specifically, if one has a high GPA and PCAT score (and a B.S. from UIC, and significant ECs), can that individual afford to have just an average interview to gain enough points for admission? I certainly wouldn't abridge my preparation if that were the case, but I would feel a little more comfortable and confident.
Thanks 🙂
Do you have any idea about how much the interview is worth in the overall point system? More specifically, if one has a high GPA and PCAT score (and a B.S. from UIC, and significant ECs), can that individual afford to have just an average interview to gain enough points for admission? I certainly wouldn't abridge my preparation if that were the case, but I would feel a little more comfortable and confident.
Thanks 🙂
Lol, I got just got rejected from UIC after interviewing at UC Denver and UNC Chapel Hill. Stats: GPA 3.65 PCAT 94. Oh well, UNC Chapel Hill is my first choice anyway.
? Wow. Denver was my #1 choice, and the only one i didnt get an interview at (of course... just my luck). But I did get an interview at UIC.. Weird.
? Wow. Denver was my #1 choice, and the only one i didnt get an interview at (of course... just my luck). But I did get an interview at UIC.. Weird.
Yah I got rejected from CU also, but got an interview at UIC too! It's so strange. I'm an out-of-stater for both of them.
Anyway, can't wait to see when my actual date will be. I really, really hope they schedule it for either Monday or Friday for me, because I am coming from Cali and I can't afford to take too much time off work or school, but I wanted to have time to check out Chicago a little bit. Oh well, all I can do is hope. If they want me on Tuesday or Wednesday, I'll just have to deal.
Hope to meet some of you guys there!
Lol, I got just got rejected from UIC after interviewing at UC Denver and UNC Chapel Hill. Stats: GPA 3.65 PCAT 94. Oh well, UNC Chapel Hill is my first choice anyway.
We have very similar stats. I also got a rejection e-mail from UIC. I don't understand their interview selection criteria. I've received interview invitations from every other school where I have applied.
What's up with UIC?
We have very similar stats. I also got a rejection e-mail from UIC. I don't understand their interview selection criteria. I've received interview invitations from every other school where I have applied.
What's up with UIC?
Same here! I think UIC tends to favor in-state students, at least that is what I thought since I am from out of state.
Same here! I think UIC tends to favor in-state students, at least that is what I thought since I am from out of state.
All state-funded/public schools, including UIC, favor in-state students. 🙂
At UIC, all the health colleges try and cap their OOS students at about 10% of the student population. The state views funding these colleges is an investment for the healthcare of the people of the state of Illinois. Generally, if people live in Illinois before acceptance, there is a good chance they will remain in Illinois after graduation.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Got my denial email last week...just a heads up...🙁
Normally, the interview date assigned is based off of your last name.
I wonder if (and hope) they have out-of-staters interview near the weekend and not in the middle of the week...
I wonder if (and hope) they have out-of-staters interview near the weekend and not in the middle of the week...![]()
Nope, last names are the order. You can try and e-mail them for a change but that is not likely.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 2K
- Replies
- 8
- Views
- 3K
