UIC January interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fitchpath

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know when the admissions committee is meeting to review the applicants that interviewed in January?

Members don't see this ad.

i'm wondering that myself..
i think though chicago campus is all filled up already..

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by pre-money
i'm wondering that myself..
i think though chicago campus is all filled up already..

You are correct....

"At this time the Chicago campus is full, but it tends to fluctuate." Said the office of admissions on Jan 28th.

can you defer if you are accepted and want the chicago campus?

my status page says.."decision pending." is that mean they've already reviewed my file...
i know i'm not being patient here..i just had my interview on 1-14...anybody with inside info on how decisions are made?

I talked to UIC this morning......For those still waiting for an interview at UIC, they will be interviewing into May.

For those waiting for a certain location.....They figure after May 15th there will be shuffling around as to what campus is open and which ones are closed.

Originally posted by Amy B
You are correct....

"At this time the Chicago campus is full, but it tends to fluctuate." Said the office of admissions on Jan 28th.

But I'll happily give up my Chicago spot if I get into my own friggin state school.

Anybody hear anything yet?

well, just got a pre-interview rejection letter from UIC. BTW, I am out-of-state.

i heard that the committee meets on mondays. Does anyone know if this is true?

I'm pretty sure they meet once a month, right around the 15th. Nearly everyone who I've heard about getting an acceptance to UIC has received the info in the mail around the 20th of the month. So it may be a couple of weeks yet. Good luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
If nothing has changed in the past two months, then I can safely say the adcom meets on the 15th and if the 15th falls on a weekend, they meet on the Monday following the 15th.

I did some homework and looked into some of last year's threads and the Jan interviewees said the adcom sent the letters on Feb 7 and they got their mail on Feb 10. It seemed to look like for interviewees in Jan-April, the adcom met at the end of the month so perhaps there is some differential in adcom meeting times before and after winter break. Just a thought.

I jsut interviewed Jan 30. They said we would be reviewed on the 15th.

Amy,

Why the interest in UIC? Don't you have your heart set on Blacksburg?

had interview on the jan. 14th...and still no words..

I don't know what it means, but I finally recieved a status change to a final decision was made on 2-23-04. I hope it is good news. I suppose I am just happy that they made a decision finally.

tm

Hey TooMuch,

when did you interview? if you don't mind saying. Thanks.

Jan. 7 at Rockford

Well toomuch I guess that means we should be hearing anytime now...I interviewed on January 6 at UI-Chicago, but I haven't had a change in my status page like you have that says "a final decision has been made"....in any case though I imagine we should be hearing stuff in the mail at least by the end of this week!!! Good luck to all of us :thumbup:

Puzzlebox

Originally posted by toomuch
Jan. 7 at Rockford

They sent my acceptance letter 3rd class so it took about 2 weeks to get to me. I didn't think it would take that long for mail to travel between two large cities (Chicago/Seattle) but it did .

Bottom line, don't panic if you don't hear for a little while.

I hope you're in!

has anyone heard anything yet?

I interviewed on 1/30 and received my acceptance in the mail on 2/27. Hope this helps. Good luck to everyone else..

Hello,

Just adding another data point.

I interviewed on 2/4/04 at the Chicago campus and received an acceptance on 2/28/04. I'm an IL resident.

Good luck!

-rompy

Got my acceptance today. Anyone going to UIC for sure?

Got my acceptance letter today 2-29-04, interviewed late january. It took 2 days for the letter to get to me (I'm on west coast) after my application status page said that a final decision letter was mailed out. Just curious, what did you guys think of UIC when you visited?

Hmmmm....did you all note changes in your status pages because my status page still says pending and I interviewed in Chicago way back on Jan. 6th!!! I live only next door in Milwaukee, WI so it shouldnt have taken more than two days for me to receive a mailing....hmmmmm....I guess I'll just have to keep waiting...hoping...and praying....Congrats nikoo and NYCguy....perhaps our path may cross!!!
:clap:

interviewed on the 6th... status changed to "a decision has been made..." on the 24th.. received big envelope on 28th

hang in there puzzlebox

I got accepted this weekend too and I'm pretty sure this is the school I plan to attend. Congratulations to everyone else!!

:clap: :clap:

Alright ayo32 thanks...I guess I should just keep 'suffering and smiling' until I get word. Congrats ayo32 and toomuch and everyone else who I left out....I'll keep you informed about what pans out with me 'good or bad' as soon as I hear something!
:clap: :scared: :confused:

PUZZLEBOX

:thumbup: Alright finally there has been a change to my status page

Current Status
A final decision was made on your application on 03-01-04. Please allow two-weeks to receive the correspondence in the mail. If you do not receive this correspondence in two-weeks, please contact the Admissions Office. No decision will be given over the telephone.

It took long enough, but at least now I know I should hear something soon...thanks all for keeping me kind of calm....wish me luck and I'll keep you informed!!

Peace,
PUZZLEBOX
:cool:

:D :D

Just informing everyone that I have finally received official notification in the mail so toomuch, hondo, ayo32 et. al...I can proudly say that I will be joining your ranks as a UI M1 next year....
THREE CHEERS,

PUZZLEBOX:
clap: :clap: :clap:

Hey guys,

I'm currently an M1 at UIC-Chicago... if you have any questions, feel free to PM me.

Peace.

congrats puzzlebox...

we inteviewed the same day.. were you in my tour group? with the psycho student guide who inferred we were stupid for not reading the 200-page guidebook thoroughly enough to answer HER questions?

Hey Ayo32...yes but of course I remember you! Yeah our tour guide was a little or a lot rude! I am just glad to know that I'll be in a med school next year! Congrats...perhaps we'll meet again on campus soon!:)

Well, I was a bit worried about what campus I would be assigned to because it seemed like the Chicago campus was full. However, I just received my campus assignment. So I guess Chicago here I come.
Anyone else?

tm

yeah I got Chicago too. I was pretty surprised and excited.