UIC just assigned me to ...

Started by me3
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What types of criteria do they look if you are making a case for chicago after being assigned to UIUC?

I'm out of state and my wife has a job waiting in chicago. Since I'll be financially dependent on her during med school I'm hoping they understand the necessity of chicago. And hers is not a job obtained in a smaller town like urbana.
 
JuanRafia said:
What types of criteria do they look if you are making a case for chicago after being assigned to UIUC?

I'm out of state and my wife has a job waiting in chicago. Since I'll be financially dependent on her during med school I'm hoping they understand the necessity of chicago. And hers is not a job obtained in a smaller town like urbana.

Talk to the G man, Girotti. That is definetly the type of situation that they make concessions for. Good luck 👍
 
NEATOMD said:
No flamethrowing intended here. Thanks for your input, honestly. I in no way was trying to push Rockford onto anyone. I am not trying to bash Chicago in any way, either. I only wanted to point out that there are other campuses aside from Chicago's that may work out well for people if they are willing to keep their minds open and truly consider them for their possiblities.

Late response to the thread but check out Rockford's match list. The past two years they have sent 5 and 4 students to Mayo. Guess those faculty are o.k.

P.S. - I'm one of the 5 and I was heavily recruited into residency

- H