UIC MSTP question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tally

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I received a regular MD interview invite for UIC, but have not yet heard back from the MSTP or MSP. Do they coordinate the interview invites, or is there a chance someone would have to go to Chicago multiple times?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey Tally, I'm in the same boat. I'm off to Chicago on Jan. 12th and I called to ask about the MSTP invite. I was told to book my flight for the 12th either way, and if they invited me for MSTP it would be on the same day. I even think they would pay for my flight, yay! As for the MSP, I have no idea...

Thanks for the reply! I still haven't booked my date. That's lucky for you that there happens to be an MSTP interview the day your MD interview was booked. If anything opens up on the 12th, I will try to pick that day too. Otherwise, I may just wait a little bit! If you interview for MSTP, and are rejected MD/PhD, can you still be accepted MD. I'm just trying to figure out if there is any benefit for me to pick an early MD interview date...

Members don't see this ad :)
-

Last edited:
Thanks for your reply Glycobio! Do you know what the interview:acceptance ratio is for MSTP? I'm just thinking that even if I get the MSTP interview, maybe I should also do the MD only interview to play it safe...