UIC online DrPH Program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congratulations!!! This is great news! :thumbup:

I'll keep you posted as to when I receive my decision (I would imagine it should be anytime now).

I'm keeping my fingers crossed it's the same news as you! :)

I wanted to let everyone know that I received my admission notice today. It was a normal envelope with about seven pieces of paper inside. I'm pretty hyped. Still not really sure who or what they are looking for as Back2School10’s background seemed much better than mine.

I also want to wish everyone else good luck.

Members don't see this ad.

It's nice to meet you! Please keep us posted, as it's great to have some support during this anxious time.

Could you tell us a little bit about your background and future goals? Look back through the posts, most of us have given a little background information.

Best of luck!

Hi Eire,

It is nice meeting you, too. I am also a federal government employee. My education was mostly in Healthcare and Business Administration. However, I recently received my Public Health Certification from the George Washington University. Professionally, I am involved in establishing and researching health indicators for children with special needs.

I rushed so much to be able to submit my application by the deadline of April 1st. As a matter of fact, one of my recommendations had to be submitted at the last moment. I learned about the program in late March and wanted to apply.

I have not heard anything from UIC as of today...May 4, 2010. I hope that's a good sign.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you guys here back? I still am out of the loop

Hi Ocean --- not I have not heard back, yet.

It is kinda strange because Kevin was accepted three weeks ago, while another group member received denial letter about the same time. I was under impression that the rejection letters go out first. There is a big gap here....why?

They sent us an email asking us to submit an intent to study form. They will open their waitlist after they receive these letters if there are spots left.

Yes, we are both waitlisted. I talked to Alyson early last week and she said they would send out final letters on Friday (last friday).

Yes, we are both waitlisted. I talked to Alyson early last week and she said they would send out final letters on Friday (last friday).

Not sure what is the intent of study form....did you include your research interests in your SOP?

Will you provide more inforamtion on the nature of the Study Form?

Thank you

An intent to study form is basically the formal acceptance of the offer.

that's what I meant. Sorry I was posting from my phone.

I wish you all good luck.

Yes, Kevin...thanks for the info...

I found it odd that they have sent out both the intent to study forms, and in some instances rejection letters, while many of us have not even heard back from them, yet (either way). I know 98 potential students applied as UIC just wanted 14 individuals. We know two of the accepted individulas (in this group), so who are the others....

Yes, Kevin...thanks for the info...

I found it odd that they have sent out both the intent to study forms, and in some instances rejection letters, while many of us have not even heard back from them, yet (either way). I know 98 potential students applied as UIC just wanted 14 individuals. We know two of the accepted individulas (in this group), so who are the others....

Not a clue. The information hasn't been flowing out for the accepted students yet either. I received my letter from the SPH informing me they recommended me for the program. Then I received an email to set up our email and web portal. Then I finally received an official acceptance letter from UIC just last week.

From my understanding they will be assigning us advisors and we will set our plan of study with them at the summer session in August.

I have to assume that if you haven't heard either way you are probably waitlisted. But that's just a guess. Oh, they also allowed us to defer for a year, so some may do that; opening up extra spots.

If I here anything that may be of interest I'll let you all know.

Not a clue. The information hasn't been flowing out for the accepted students yet either. I received my letter from the SPH informing me they recommended me for the program. Then I received an email to set up our email and web portal. Then I finally received an official acceptance letter from UIC just last week.

From my understanding they will be assigning us advisors and we will set our plan of study with them at the summer session in August.

I have to assume that if you haven't heard either way you are probably waitlisted. But that's just a guess. Oh, they also allowed us to defer for a year, so some may do that; opening up extra spots.

If I here anything that may be of interest I'll let you all know.

Thank you, Kevin.

If that's possibly the case, it is bad and good. Bad because I am absoultely qualified, and needed to be invited at the first place...it is still good because I may still be admitted into the program in the expense of someone else who is NOT interested.

Kevin- when did the intent to study forms need to be submitted?