UIC Post-Baccalaureate Admission Program (PAP)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

luidabruin

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has done or will do this program.

I start classes on June 16 and i would really appreciate any info/tips you can provide.

Members don't see this ad.

I would want to know more about the program also. Is it for people with little or no science. I will send an email to get more info.

I was looking into the UIC UHP program recently. Do you know how they select candidates for this. According to the website, it states that they offer them to selected individuals who were turned down from UIC med. Do they offer everyone a chance to apply for it? or is it just the top of those who did not make it?
Any info would be appreciated.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys, I was just wondering if anyone had applied to this program or has heard back? I turned in my application not too long ago and just wanted to know if there was anyone out there who's been accepted or waiting on a response. Does anyone know when classes will begin? Any information would be great.

I don't understand how you can apply to this and what are the admissions requirements or does UIC-COM invite you ?

I don't understand how you can apply to this and what are the admissions requirements or does UIC-COM invite you ?

You have to apply to UIC COM through AMCAS as you normally would for admission to the med school. Then thy have to reject you and invite you to compete for a spot in their post bacc program.

Has anyone heard if they got in or not??

is this program only for disadvantaged or URM students?

Last edited:
is this program only for disadvantaged or URM students?

Yes, I believe so.

Are there any statistics for this program? Minimum GPA, or MCAT score because it just says you have to apply to the med school first and then get rejected?

Yes, I believe so.

Are there any statistics for this program? Minimum GPA, or MCAT score because it just says you have to apply to the med school first and then get rejected?

And apparently interviewed. See http://www.uic.edu/depts/mcam/uhp/programs/pap.htm

"Students who apply for regular admission to the College of Medicine (COM) and are interviewed for regular COM admission, can become candidates for the PAP Program. Students are encouraged to target their application for regular admission to the College of Medicine. There are no separate PAP application procedures. To be given consideration for participation in PAP, an individual must initially apply for traditional admission to the University of Illinois at Chicago-College of Medicine through the American Colleges Admissions Service Application (AMCAS). Students can then become candidates for PAP. Typically, participants are selected in May of each year. Participation in all three structured Tiers is required."