UIC secondary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

IlliniEMT1

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Im looking for input from anyone thats done the UIC app
I am seriously condidering only answering one of the 4 essays on the secondary. I have been told that in general you should always answer any optional essays, but I dont feel like the question about educational disadvantages applies to me, nor do I have any outstanding awards/publications/advanced degrees and Im just confused by the last question that seems to repeat the first.
Anyways, am I going to shoot myself in the foot by leaving these blank??

Members don't see this ad.

I had lots of awards, but I left the disadvantaged essay blank. Answer the last one though - I think it's pretty important.

Reactions: 1 user
You don't answer disadvantage questions in general if you didn't claim disadvantaged status...

none is right. the disadvantaged essay only applies to those who feel they're disadvantaged. for the awards 'essay', i mostly just listed publications, because i didn't have a lot of awards either--you could put dean's list awards here if you have them. but i agree with rxfudd that the essay about your career choices is probably required.

i think the disadvantaged status essay is the only one that's optional here....