Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

UIC secondary

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by IlliniEMT1, Oct 31, 2001.

1. IlliniEMT1

IlliniEMT1 Member
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Im looking for input from anyone thats done the UIC app
    I am seriously condidering only answering one of the 4 essays on the secondary. I have been told that in general you should always answer any optional essays, but I dont feel like the question about educational disadvantages applies to me, nor do I have any outstanding awards/publications/advanced degrees and Im just confused by the last question that seems to repeat the first.
    Anyways, am I going to shoot myself in the foot by leaving these blank??

2. rxfudd

rxfudd 1K Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I had lots of awards, but I left the disadvantaged essay blank. Answer the last one though - I think it's pretty important.

Reckoner likes this.
  3. none

none 1K Member
    10+ Year Member

You don't answer disadvantage questions in general if you didn't claim disadvantaged status...

4. sandflea

sandflea Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

none is right. the disadvantaged essay only applies to those who feel they're disadvantaged. for the awards 'essay', i mostly just listed publications, because i didn't have a lot of awards either--you could put dean's list awards here if you have them. but i agree with rxfudd that the essay about your career choices is probably required.

i think the disadvantaged status essay is the only one that's optional here....