UIC Status Page

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DoctorC

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I saw this topic on the forums a while ago but cannot find it anymore. It shows on my status page that I received an interview and the dates I can schedule it. Does anyone know how I actually schedule it? Do I have to wait until I can choose a date on the page? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

DoctorC said:
I saw this topic on the forums a while ago but cannot find it anymore. It shows on my status page that I received an interview and the dates I can schedule it. Does anyone know how I actually schedule it? Do I have to wait until I can choose a date on the page? Thanks.

They will send you a letter in the mail and it has the number you need to call to schedule an interview. Good luck!

DoctorC said:

i realize this does not answer your question, but help a gal out ;)

when did they receive your secondary app? did this magic interview button just appear today? just wondering...they have had my app for a while and I have not heard a peep from them and my status page is growing cobwebs! and, an alum at the undergrad i went to is on the adcom and he said that even though i have competitive stats he would not be surprised if i did not hear anything until NEXT YEAR (even though it is only 1 month away i hate those words).... so i suppose you should consider yourself very lucky...congrats on your invite! :D

Members don't see this ad :)
They received my secondary around the 20th of October. So I guess it is a fair turnaround time.

DoctorC said:
They received my secondary around the 20th of October. So I guess it is a fair turnaround time.

all i can say is :eek: :eek: :( :( :thumbdown: :mad:

they have had mine since 09/09/2005!!!!!!

like i said, you are lucky :luck:

wanna sprinkle a little o' that my way?

TimmyTheWonderD said:
all i can say is :eek: :eek: :( :( :thumbdown: :mad:

they have had mine since 09/09/2005!!!!!!

like i said, you are lucky :luck:

wanna sprinkle a little o' that my way?

Wow that's a long time Timmy! Have you tried calling and seeing what;s going on? The office told me that it takes 4-6 weeks for your file to be reviewed and a deciosion made. G'luck!

Ashanti Rock said:
Wow that's a long time Timmy! Have you tried calling and seeing what;s going on? The office told me that it takes 4-6 weeks for your file to be reviewed and a deciosion made. G'luck!

yea, i've called the office on wood st and the lady (who was exceptionally nice by the way) told me that i had great #s, they just have an immense amount of apps this year and that it is just taking them a while. she looked at my app and said she knew it had not been before the screeners yet as it did not carry their initials...that is the same thing my alum/adcom contact (who happens to be on rockford campus) said. :confused:

i guess it is really just a lucky roll of the dice over there!

Ashanti Rock said:
Have you tried calling

are they a "thursday only" affair like loyola, or can you call and check your status any day???

If you notice that the status page has changed but you haven't gotten the letter in the mail (which comes to your permanent address, not your current), I would call as soon as possible. The same thing happened to me - noticed the status page, waited for the letter - and by the time I called them, the Chicago campus interview slots were filled up and I had to go to Rockford (even though I live like 5 minutes from the Chicago campus!). Then I had to take another day off work to get a tour of the Chicago campus since that is the one I want to go to.

Can anyone post the number I have to call to schedule an interview? It would be greatly appreciated.

DoctorC said:
Can anyone post the number I have to call to schedule an interview? It would be greatly appreciated.

it is at the bottom of the status page.

Does anyone know what days they allow students to call and schedule interviews? I know some schools only allow it on certain days of the week.

As far as I know, you can call any day - it's just only on particular days that they interview. My interview was on a Wednesday, and I don't remember what other days they interview. But you should have no problem calling - worst thing that happens is you get a voicemail :)

DoctorC said:
Does anyone know what days they allow students to call and schedule interviews? I know some schools only allow it on certain days of the week.

how many questions are you going to ask. Just call the got damn people, yo.

does anyone know how fast their chicago campus fills up (not for interviews, but for matriculation)?

umairfoo said:
does anyone know how fast their chicago campus fills up (not for interviews, but for matriculation)?

i think it's by the end of December.

chicagomel said:
i think it's by the end of December.

I talked to the Admissions Office the other day and they said that they are way behind schedule, and they only just finishing giving out all their interviews for those who applied in August. I applied in September, and the lady told me that they hadn't even reviewed my application yet, and I probably wouldn't get an interview until late December or early January. So I think its still way early in the game for UIC, so don't worry.