UIC Tuition Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bw6

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am still considering OSU, SUNY-UB, and UIC. OSU and UB are attractive because Ohio and New York allow you to apply for state residency after your P1 year. This means in state tuition for my last 3 years (I am a PA resident).

I was wondering if anyone knew for sure of Illinois allowed the same thing? WVU told me it is dependent on the state laws and not the school themselves. For example, in West Virginia you cannot apply for residency if you are a full-time student. So either way let me simplify:

If I attend UIC will I be able to get in state tuition for my final 3 years.

Members don't see this ad.

I am still considering OSU, SUNY-UB, and UIC. OSU and UB are attractive because Ohio and New York allow you to apply for state residency after your P1 year. This means in state tuition for my last 3 years (I am a PA resident).

I was wondering if anyone knew for sure of Illinois allowed the same thing? WVU told me it is dependent on the state laws and not the school themselves. For example, in West Virginia you cannot apply for residency if you are a full-time student. So either way let me simplify:

If I attend UIC will I be able to get in state tuition for my final 3 years.

It's pretty tough to gain in-state residency at UIC. You'll have to earn 50% of cost of living on your own. The money cannot come from loans/grant/scholarships etc...

It's pretty tough to gain in-state residency at UIC. You'll have to earn 50% of cost of living on your own. The money cannot come from loans/grant/scholarships etc...

Thank you.

I finally found the information on the Illinois.gov website and you are absolutely correct. You just saved me a trip to Chicago this weekend because I am canceling that interview. :)