UIC?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OT1031

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone applied to UIC's MS OT program? If so have you heard back from them?

Members don't see this ad.

no. didn't hear anything. but i completed the UIC department personal statement today. so,,,,that may be why.:oops:

when did you apply OT1031?

Only like 2 weeks ago. Just wanted to see if anyone get an acceptance to see how long it took them... I did get some email about housing though.

Members don't see this ad :)
Kind of bringing this back from the dead, but I'm wondering if anyone has heard? Their site says folks may start hearing in early January, but I haven't seen any activity on this forum suggesting anyone has.

Kind of bringing this back from the dead, but I'm wondering if anyone has heard? Their site says folks may start hearing in early January, but I haven't seen any activity on this forum suggesting anyone has.

nope. none. but OTCAS sent an e-mail saying that UIC extended their deadline to 1/15. I'm assuming they'll send out letters after this date?!

nope. none. but OTCAS sent an e-mail saying that UIC extended their deadline to 1/15. I'm assuming they'll send out letters after this date?!
I didn't get an email saying that the deadline was extended, maybe I missed it? Anyways, I applied to UIC through OTCAS but didn't have time to get in the supplemental application to UIC, do you think I could still submit it if the deadline is actually extended?

I completely forgot about the essay for the supplemental application and got a rejection email a couple nights ago. Hopefully you will hear soon then.

I'm sorry to hear that. :(

I'm wondering if that could be a sign that they're doing their first wave of acceptances and rejections, though. Check your mail everyone!

I was accepted to UIC just before Christmas. In my letter they said that it was an early admission notification, so don't lose hope! I bet they are rolling out decisions in batches.

I just wanted to let you all know what to expect. They sent me an email with a very vague title along the lines of "UIC OT Admission status" which contained my admission letter. I received an official mailed letter in the mail shortly after.

Good luck everyone!!

Oh wow, I didn't realize they had accepted anyone yet. Were you at UIC for undergrad?

I'm surprised, I don't think I've seen any other activity here from people getting accepted to UIC and their website says that the first admissions will be in "early January."

I was not at UIC for undergrad, but I am an Illinois resident.

Well, thanks for the info! Hoping to hear soon...

I was accepted to UIC just before Christmas. In my letter they said that it was an early admission notification, so don't lose hope! I bet they are rolling out decisions in batches.

I just wanted to let you all know what to expect. They sent me an email with a very vague title along the lines of "UIC OT Admission status" which contained my admission letter. I received an official mailed letter in the mail shortly after.

Good luck everyone!!

thanx for the info.
what's the time frame for sending in the deposit to secure the spot?

Members don't see this ad :)
I just received my acceptance email today. I was vey surprised because I submitted my supplemental application literally days before the January 1 deadline. It took them less than two weeks to respond back.

I just received my acceptance email today. I was vey surprised because I submitted my supplemental application literally days before the January 1 deadline. It took them less than two weeks to respond back.

Mind sharing your stats?

Not feeling great about my chances if they started another wave of acceptances today :(

Don't lose hope!! I honestly did NOT think I would get in at all, and probably won't be attending because it's super expensive and I'm out of state, but that means more spots opening up! They only give you two weeks to respond (which I thought was really crazy considering I have not heard back from one other school yet...) but you can also choose to extend your acceptance decision to March 3rd the latest. That STILL seems really early to me though!

My stats:
Major: Psychology
Major GPA: 3.887 / Cumulative: 3.91
Pre-req GPA: Around 3.8-3.9
A little under 200 volunteer hours in 5 different settings
Various extra curriculums (Some clubs, study abroad, community service fraternity), 1 year research experience (by the time I start the program), TA position

Crossing my fingers for everyone :)

Don't lose hope!! I honestly did NOT think I would get in at all, and probably won't be attending because it's super expensive and I'm out of state, but that means more spots opening up! They only give you two weeks to respond (which I thought was really crazy considering I have not heard back from one other school yet...) but you can also choose to extend your acceptance decision to March 3rd the latest. That STILL seems really early to me though!

My stats:
Various extra curriculums (Some clubs, study abroad, community service fraternity), 1 year research experience (by the time I start the program), TA position

Thanks for responding!

My stats:

why did you think you wouldn't get in?
your GPA is on the high end.

why did you think you wouldn't get in?
your GPA is on the high end.

I just thought I didn't have much of a chance since I'm out of state and UIC is one of the top programs. I was truly shocked! It wasn't so much the late app though, because I knew they don't do rolling admissions or anything.

Well, congratulations on getting in! :)

Hi all,

I received an acceptance email to UIC yesterday. I am in-state, so this was my top choice! I didn't think I would get in since it's so competitive! Stats:

Undergrad GPA: around 3.8
Graduate GPA: around 3.89 or something...can't remember exactly
GRE stats around 95% for verbal and writing, but much lower for Math
Lots of research experience, a publication, work related experience, and shadowing in several different locations.

I also received an interview invitation today from Midwestern, which I will be declining.

Good luck to all!

Hi all,

I received an acceptance email to UIC yesterday. I am in-state, so this was my top choice! I didn't think I would get in since it's so competitive! Stats:

Undergrad GPA: around 3.8
Graduate GPA: around 3.89 or something...can't remember exactly
GRE stats around 95% for verbal and writing, but much lower for Math
Lots of research experience, a publication, work related experience, and shadowing in several different locations.

I also received an interview invitation today from Midwestern, which I will be declining.

Good luck to all!

Hey there, glad to see I'm not the only one applying who has another graduate degree. What's your other masters?

Congratulations... I hope to be joining you in being admitted to UIC, though it's looking like I missed this batch :(

anyone received financial aid e-mail?
I'm not too sure why they are sending this when I haven't been accepted yet.
Are we supposed to wait until the decision letter comes in to apply for this or what?

Also, I don't see any particular forms to complete... The direction isn't clear.

any ideas UIC applicants?

Are we supposed to wait until the decision letter comes in to apply for this or what?

Also, I don't see any particular forms to complete... The direction isn't clear.

I received that same e-mail too. Basically they're just trying to remind you to apply. You have to go to the FAFSA website to apply for financial aid. I forget what the deadline is but its February/March. When you apply, you can select up to ten schools. I just submitted my FAFSA last week and included UIC in that list of schools. FAFSA allows you to make corrections so try to at least submit that as soon as you can.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi everyone I also applied for UIC's OT MS program and have not heard back yet. =( The suspense is killing me!!

I received the same email regarding financial aid. At least we haven't received the rejection email yet which must mean there's still hope!

Just want to let you guys know that UIC is now sending out denial notifications via e-mail. I just received one via email. Apparently there were about 750 applicants competing for 38 spots this year! Good luck!

Just want to let you guys know that UIC is now sending out denial notifications via e-mail. I just received one via email. Apparently there were about 750 applicants competing for 38 spots this year! Good luck!
Sorry to hear the news, but definitely appreciate the update.

sending out denial letters mean that all the acceptance letters are sent out already?

sending out denial letters mean that all the acceptance letters are sent out already?

They are denying people before they have all of the acceptances chosen, if that makes sense.

I'm not seeing any particular pattern of when they're sending acceptances and rejections.

UIC sent me an e-mail asking when i would be taking the GRE when i sent the GRE scores in August. I was totally shocked when i received that e-mail. They haven't reviewed my application and was sitting there for months when everything was ready in Oct.............

I'm happy to report that I received an acceptance email from UIC less than 20 minutes ago and I will be accepting the offer!

Any other UIC students? Would love to connect before classes start!

I was wondering if anyone accepted is interested in creating a FB group for the MS Program?

I was wondering if anyone accepted is interested in creating a FB group for the MS Program?

There actually already is one! Did you happen to get any emails from the listserv? If not, send me a message and I'll get you into the group!

Reactions: 1 user
Hi all! So I got into UIC last Friday as well and now have two weeks until this friday to give them a reply back. I am waiting on a couple of other schools such as USC/ NYU and Columbia to make my final decision. I do not know when those schools will give out replies so i was wondering if anyone replied back and asked for an extension to give them a reply instead of already accepting the offer. Can't wait until all decisions are in so can decide and start planning for where I will be!