Uic

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kayjay

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just curious, did anyone hear from UIC?

Members don't see this ad.

Nope! Annoying eh?

Yes, annoying!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
i, as did all apps...i think..., received this generic email from them on 2/15:

Review of applications is under way. Please do NOT call to check on the status. Once the review is complete, an email will go out as to whether you have received an interview or not. The Admissions Committee will be meeting through this week to review the 1500+ applications.

Thank you for your patience.

Ugh! They should spend less time being rude and more time looking at our apps. in a timely fashion.

anyone hear from them yet??

SoCalGirl83 said:
anyone hear from them yet??

not yet... don't know why they are so slow...
they planned to send out the invitation/rejection letter on 2/14...
and it's March already!!!

...still waiting... :rolleyes:

I hear u guys! I feel like banging my head against the wall!. I almost losing my patience but I'm remaining hopeful! :confused:

trishias said:
I hear u guys! I feel like banging my head against the wall!. I almost losing my patience but I'm remaining hopeful! :confused:

i've lost my patience and hope. i would just like to receive an email from them already, but i have a bad feeling about it...

:) I just received an interview invite from UIC via email - Here's what it said:

After a very thorough review of applicant files, the University of Illinois at Chicago College of Pharmacy Admissions Committee would like to take this opportunity to offer you an admissions interview. The Admissions Committee reviewed things such as grade-point averages, PCAT scores, extra-curricular activities, letters of recommendation, and pre-pharmacy coursework. Of the approximately 1500 applicants, 300 have been selected for interviews.

As you were notified of earlier, the interview week is Monday, March 21, 2005 through Friday, March 25, 2005. In the next few days you will be receiving a follow-up email with specifics about date, time, and additional information regarding your admissions interview. We would kindly ask you to be patient and hold your questions until you hear from us.

Wonder why it takes them so long to do things and why they never want anyone to contact them? I feel bad though because I will probably decline this interview too... :( I hope I am not being dumb.

lgooden said:
:) I just received an interview invite from UIC via email - Here's what it said:

After a very thorough review of applicant files, the University of Illinois at Chicago College of Pharmacy Admissions Committee would like to take this opportunity to offer you an admissions interview. The Admissions Committee reviewed things such as grade-point averages, PCAT scores, extra-curricular activities, letters of recommendation, and pre-pharmacy coursework. Of the approximately 1500 applicants, 300 have been selected for interviews.

As you were notified of earlier, the interview week is Monday, March 21, 2005 through Friday, March 25, 2005. In the next few days you will be receiving a follow-up email with specifics about date, time, and additional information regarding your admissions interview. We would kindly ask you to be patient and hold your questions until you hear from us.

Wonder why it takes them so long to do things and why they never want anyone to contact them? I feel bad though because I will probably decline this interview too... :( I hope I am not being dumb.

I received an e-mail from them today for an interview as well. First, I was nervous about hearing from them, now I am nervous about the interview!! :clap:

Yeah i just got an interview email too! Not sure if im interested anymore. Ive been so turned off by their stand-off-ish-ness (sp?).

But we'll see. I love MWU and even though it costs more to go there....it might be well worth it!

Just curious Tai - what is it that you like about MWU. I received invites to both, but have never been to either.

Members don't see this ad :)
Tai said:
Yeah i just got an interview email too! Not sure if im interested anymore. Ive been so turned off by their stand-off-ish-ness (sp?).

But we'll see. I love MWU and even though it costs more to go there....it might be well worth it!

I'm feeling the same way.

By the way, does anyone know how many ppl UIC accepts every year?

Here is last year's data from the pharmcas website:

Statistics for 2004 Entering Class Acceptees *

Total PharmCAS completed applications received - 1506
Number interviewed - 240
Estimated entering class size - 160
Estimated male - 35%
Estimated female - 65%
Number Early Assurance students - 25

* Data as of April, 2004

Application Criteria for 2005 Entering Class

Expected GPA of accepted students - 3.2 - 3.6 (on a 4.0 scale)
Minimum overall GPA considered - 2.5 (on a 4.0 scale)
Minimum prerequisite GPA considered - 2.5 (on a 4.0 scale)
Total number of new entrants expected - 160
Estimated in-state - 144
Estimated out-of-state - 16

so they basically accept 1 out of 2 students (since they're only supposedly interviewing 300)..not bad... :thumbup:

I love the fact that MWU admissions is always more than happy to answer your questions, no matter how repetitive it gets. Everytime i contacted UIC admissions, they were rude or didnt call me back.
I have some professors there and know some of them thru friends and they are AWESOME! Such good teachers. Also everyone at the MCV was really nice and helpful. Their facilities are much better than UIC's (as my good friend who is a P3 at UIC says). Over all i feel that they care about your education and you are not just a number like at UIC. But please take it with a grain of salt as this is just my opinion and there might be others out there that may not agree. The only downfall is tuition, which is more than UIC.

Hope that helps!!!

i second tai's comments. UIC's rudeness makes me wonder what it's store during the interview and if i chose to attend this fall. i really got a great vibe when i visited CCP, spoke to current students and faculty.

CCP really cares about its students and will bend over backwards for you, no questions asked. Thats what I love about them. :thumbup:

I am going to be a med student at UIC in the fall. I just rambled across this thread. I have few friends in pharmacy school and so happen to know a little about pharmacy schools.

UIC has a better pharmacy program than midwestern, and it is cheaper. And it is close to downtown Chicago. I don't know what more can you ask for. If you guys are thinking about going to MW because some receptionist at UIC was rude to you, u need to get ur priorities straight.

And yes, you will be just one number at UIC. Welcome to the real world! It is a big school, and they probably won't give a **** about what happens to you. Learn to take care of yourself!

Illuminatus said:
I am going to be a med student at UIC in the fall. I just rambled across this thread. I have few friends in pharmacy school and so happen to know a little about pharmacy schools.

UIC has a better pharmacy program than midwestern, and it is cheaper. And it is close to downtown Chicago. I don't know what more can you ask for. If you guys are thinking about going to MW because some receptionist at UIC was rude to you, u need to get ur priorities straight.

And yes, you will be just one number at UIC. Welcome to the real world! It is a big school, and they probably won't give a **** about what happens to you. Learn to take care of yourself!
fortunately, most pharmacy schools have very nice faculties and staffs... and it is definitely something i would take into consideration.

they don't teach you to be hard and callous until you actually get in to pharm school and have to work with doctors ;)

bbmuffin said:
fortunately, most pharmacy schools have very nice faculties and staffs... and it is definitely something i would take into consideration.

they don't teach you to be hard and callous until you actually get in to pharm school and have to work with doctors ;)

I smell hatred against doctors..time to sneak away :D .

Like I said, to each their own opinion. But when I leave a message directly to the admission's counselor (and not the receptionist) and I am rudely spoken to and told to not call back unless i have a substantial question (which by the way my question was a VERY pertinent question) that is a big slap across the face. Illuminatus, I dont know how old you are or whether you have worked in the "real world" but you are going to get a rude awakening when you realize that networking and schmoozing and offering your customers/clients/students/patients the best da*m service is the way you move up and get things done. In my years as a financial consultant, I didnt do business with rude, callous pple because I dont have the time nor want to spend the effort in dealing with them when I have more friendly, genuine and deserving clients to serve. But if you like to think of the world as a glass half empty, by all means its your perogative! I, on the other hand, want the best education and guidance i can get so that I can one day give the best of what Ive learned to my patients. If the only thing Ive learned from my school is a "take it or leave it" attitude, then that is what I may end up giving my patients too because I didnt know any better.

Okay enough of my rattling!