SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Anyone take Bio 101 at UIC??

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by Joleybear, Dec 4, 2017.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. Joleybear

Joleybear

Oct 19, 2016
    Im not MD Im prepharm but Im horrified. I thought I took bio 101 at my old school but they have it listed as bio 100...so I need to take 101 and I CANT do animals. "Animals used in instruction" How many animals??? What kind?? On top of being a vegetarian and having a severe anxiety disorder, I am also highly allergic to any fuzzy creatures... But that would be nothing compared to the panic attack I will have if they make me cut into an animal. I would likely end up in the hospital.

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. 21Rush12

21Rush12 Searching a cave behind a waterfall Gold Donor Classifieds Approved 2+ Year Member

Jul 29, 2014
    You’re gonna have to figure this out. The animals from my Bio 101 were like clams and squid and worms.

4. dannnielleeee

dannnielleeee 2+ Year Member

Jun 2, 2015
    Cleveland, OH
    I didn't take it at UIC, but in the equivalent course at my school, we used invertebrates mostly. The second semester of bio is usually focused on phylogeny and evolutionary relationships, so you're mostly gonna be looking at arthropods and the like.