Anyone take Bio 101 at UIC??

Started by Joleybear
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Joleybear

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Im not MD Im prepharm but Im horrified. I thought I took bio 101 at my old school but they have it listed as bio 100...so I need to take 101 and I CANT do animals. "Animals used in instruction" How many animals??? What kind?? On top of being a vegetarian and having a severe anxiety disorder, I am also highly allergic to any fuzzy creatures... But that would be nothing compared to the panic attack I will have if they make me cut into an animal. I would likely end up in the hospital.
 
I didn't take it at UIC, but in the equivalent course at my school, we used invertebrates mostly. The second semester of bio is usually focused on phylogeny and evolutionary relationships, so you're mostly gonna be looking at arthropods and the like.