UIWRSO Housing (San Antonio,TX)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kln16

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello! I just want to get a head start on looking at apartments in San Antonio! I will be starting UIWRSO next fall. I know a Facebook group will be made soon to look for roommates but I wanted to look into housing options now.

If any current or past students have any recommendations on places or where to start looking that would be greatly appreciated!!

Personal preferences:
-safe area (of course!!)
-Gated access
-less than 10 min away from campus
-newer building
-common place for students to live

Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi! I currently live in San Antonio and live 3-5 minutes from the school! I work next door at the ophthalmology practice that is parterned with the school. If I'm being completely honest, the area behind/around the school is a tiny bit sketchy. There's a motel and a convenience store about a block away that usually has a lot of people hanging around it. I've never heard about anyone being bothered by it so don't be alarmed, just letting you know. As for housing, there's alot of apartments within the area. I really love my current place, I pay $800/month for my 1 bedroom/1 bath apartment. I-10 (highway/interstate) and 2 stop lights are the only things that separates me from the school. Since I-10 is right there, it's easy to get really anywhere from this location and there's a good amount to do. You can get to La Cantera or the Rim very easily, there's tons of options for food, etc. Anyways, the apartments I live in are called Broadstone Colonnade. We're gated, have all of the amenetities you need, washer/dryer are available for rent, pool is nice, indoor basketball court and gym are also nice. We're hidden behind some hotels off od I-10 and have yet to experience anything that has questioned my decision to live here. I know of two current students who live here. Other students live in apartments down the road from the school near Medical Dr or near UTSA off of Vance Jackson and UTSA Blvd. If I were attending UIWRSO next fall I would definitely be staying here but I'll be moving to Columbus to attend OSU. Fell free to reach out if you have any questions!

Hi! I currently live in San Antonio and live 3-5 minutes from the school! I work next door at the ophthalmology practice that is parterned with the school. If I'm being completely honest, the area behind/around the school is a tiny bit sketchy. There's a motel and a convenience store about a block away that usually has a lot of people hanging around it. I've never heard about anyone being bothered by it so don't be alarmed, just letting you know. As for housing, there's alot of apartments within the area. I really love my current place, I pay $800/month for my 1 bedroom/1 bath apartment. I-10 (highway/interstate) and 2 stop lights are the only things that separates me from the school. Since I-10 is right there, it's easy to get really anywhere from this location and there's a good amount to do. You can get to La Cantera or the Rim very easily, there's tons of options for food, etc. Anyways, the apartments I live in are called Broadstone Colonnade. We're gated, have all of the amenetities you need, washer/dryer are available for rent, pool is nice, indoor basketball court and gym are also nice. We're hidden behind some hotels off od I-10 and have yet to experience anything that has questioned my decision to live here. I know of two current students who live here. Other students live in apartments down the road from the school near Medical Dr or near UTSA off of Vance Jackson and UTSA Blvd. If I were attending UIWRSO next fall I would definitely be staying here but I'll be moving to Columbus to attend OSU. Fell free to reach out if you have any questions!
wow thank you so much!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi! Not sure if you found anything yet, but I’m a third year at UIWRSO. A lot of the students live at either Turtle Creek or Signature Ridge right by the school. As a previous comment mentioned, the area around the school is a little sketch but these two complexes are gated and safe. At turtle creek (townhomes), some of the landlords rent to mainly optometry/nursing/medical students. So you basically rent a room and they assign roommates, but it will most likely be someone in your same stage of life.

If you want to get to a less sketchy area, I would recommend going closer to Loop 1604 or to the other side of I-10. There are a ton of options nearby, and with UTSA being close many offer student discounts. I lived at the Village of Hampton Cove for two years and loved it. It was about 10 minutes from school and offered a student discount.

If you want something really nice/boujee, check out apartments at the Rim/La Cantera. They’re all really nice, but pretty pricy. There’s also a couple options deeper in the medical district that are very nice as well, like Hawthorne House (I believe that is the name). All of these options would be within a 15 minute drive of school, maybe a little longer with traffic for the Rim/La Cantera.

If you have any more questions about RSO or San Antonio in general, feel free to PM me!

Hi! Not sure if you found anything yet, but I’m a third year at UIWRSO. A lot of the students live at either Turtle Creek or Signature Ridge right by the school. As a previous comment mentioned, the area around the school is a little sketch but these two complexes are gated and safe. At turtle creek (townhomes), some of the landlords rent to mainly optometry/nursing/medical students. So you basically rent a room and they assign roommates, but it will most likely be someone in your same stage of life.

If you want to get to a less sketchy area, I would recommend going closer to Loop 1604 or to the other side of I-10. There are a ton of options nearby, and with UTSA being close many offer student discounts. I lived at the Village of Hampton Cove for two years and loved it. It was about 10 minutes from school and offered a student discount.

If you want something really nice/boujee, check out apartments at the Rim/La Cantera. They’re all really nice, but pretty pricy. There’s also a couple options deeper in the medical district that are very nice as well, like Hawthorne House (I believe that is the name). All of these options would be within a 15 minute drive of school, maybe a little longer with traffic for the Rim/La Cantera.

If you have any more questions about RSO or San Antonio in general, feel free to PM me!
thank you so much!