UIWSOM or ACOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DOC_King

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello guys, I need your inputs in deciding between ACOM and UIWSOM. I recently got accepted to both schools and I’m having a really difficult time making a decision. I am a non-traditional Texas resident with a wife and a kid and would’ve loved to stay in state close to family and friends. However, UIWSOM is yet to graduate a class and their first time complex pass rate of 83% is a little worrisome. ACOM on the other hand seem to be more established, and I like how passionate and confident the faculty were in their students success. My heart leans towards ACOM but UIWSOM seem to be more ideal for my family situation. Any input will be highly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

ACOM is hands down the better school. But med school is what you make of it and I’m sure you are mature enough to succeed. You are married with a child. Family should come first. Being closer to home with support is the better choice. Choose UIW and just work hard.

Reactions: 1 user