UK med student moving to US or Canada?

Started by Kacper
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Kacper

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I want to study medicine in the UK, however I intend to permanently move to Canada or USA in the future with hope of attaining a citizenship in the long-run. My question is, is it better to do residency in the UK and then apply for a Canadian or USA visa, OR complete the degree in the UK try and do the residency in USA or Canada?

Also, in which country would it be easier to obtain a visa with a medical degree?

Unfortunately I don't have the ability to go to university in Canada or USA, but would like to practice medicine in one of the two once I'm qualified.