1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Ukrainian psychologist diploma

Discussion in 'Psychology [Psy.D. / Ph.D.]' started by Kaducey, Aug 15, 2011.

1. Kaducey

2+ Year Member

Hello. I am from Ukraine. I want to become psychologist in the USA. I have masters degree in accounting and now I am obtaining bachelor's degree in psychology. I wonder, if my ukrainian bachelor's degree will be evaluated and equal to bachelor's in the US. Some folks from Ukraine with Masters degree in psychology were evaluated in the US as bachelors. So I need your help to decide need I this Masters degree from Ukrainian university or not to be bachelor in the US. Thank you for your help!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. 2012PhD

2012PhD Psychology Resident

Psychologist
    In the U.S., the title of psychologist is a doctoral degree. You will need to complete a Bachelors degree (4 years) plus a PsyD/PhD (6 years of graduate school), then accrue hours for licensure. A ukranian B.A. degree will not be transferable here. Plus, you can't do anything in psychology with a bachelor's degree. You either need a Masters in social work or a doctorate in psychology. This has to be from a U.S. university if you want to practice in the U.S.

4. OliT

Psychology Student
    Ukrainian BA degree can be transfered, and with BA in psychology people can work as BST and PSR workers. The education do not have to be in U.S. but it have to be evaluated

5. Therapist4Chnge

Therapist4Chnge Neuropsych Ninja Faculty
    Faculty Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Psychologist
    There are companies that figure out the equivalency for undergrad institutions. If you contact your local university admissions office, they should have some recommendations.