Ukrainian psychologist diploma

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kaducey

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello. I am from Ukraine. I want to become psychologist in the USA. I have masters degree in accounting and now I am obtaining bachelor's degree in psychology. I wonder, if my ukrainian bachelor's degree will be evaluated and equal to bachelor's in the US. Some folks from Ukraine with Masters degree in psychology were evaluated in the US as bachelors. So I need your help to decide need I this Masters degree from Ukrainian university or not to be bachelor in the US. Thank you for your help!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello. I am from Ukraine. I want to become psychologist in the USA. I have masters degree in accounting and now I am obtaining bachelor's degree in psychology. I wonder, if my ukrainian bachelor's degree will be evaluated and equal to bachelor's in the US. Some folks from Ukraine with Masters degree in psychology were evaluated in the US as bachelors. So I need your help to decide need I this Masters degree from Ukrainian university or not to be bachelor in the US. Thank you for your help!

In the U.S., the title of psychologist is a doctoral degree. You will need to complete a Bachelors degree (4 years) plus a PsyD/PhD (6 years of graduate school), then accrue hours for licensure. A ukranian B.A. degree will not be transferable here. Plus, you can't do anything in psychology with a bachelor's degree. You either need a Masters in social work or a doctorate in psychology. This has to be from a U.S. university if you want to practice in the U.S.

In the U.S., the title of psychologist is a doctoral degree. You will need to complete a Bachelors degree (4 years) plus a PsyD/PhD (6 years of graduate school), then accrue hours for licensure. A ukranian B.A. degree will not be transferable here. Plus, you can't do anything in psychology with a bachelor's degree. You either need a Masters in social work or a doctorate in psychology. This has to be from a U.S. university if you want to practice in the U.S.
Ukrainian BA degree can be transfered, and with BA in psychology people can work as BST and PSR workers. The education do not have to be in U.S. but it have to be evaluated