UMARYLAND Waitlist

shemshad6682

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any updates? Anyone recently got off of the waitlist? I'm still waiting...

Members don't see this ad.

I was accepted off the waitlist recently.
Congrats CheeseMann. Would you please give us some more info about your application? Like When did you interview? When did you get accepted and whether you are an instate applicant?

Members don't see this ad :)
Any updates? Anyone recently got off of the waitlist? I'm still waiting...

shemshad are you instate? and have you gotten officially waitlisted yet? I had an interview first week of November and have not been waitlisted or rejected, and my aadsas portal still says "Invited for Interview." I have called them and emailed them multiple multiple times and they are the most generic, stubborn, and cold-hearted answers every single time saying that my application is still under review and i'll know once they make a decision. I'm like no really??????????? They told me today to just be patient and they can't even answer my question when i ask them whether I am in a worse situation being I haven't officially been waitlisted.

Anyone else in my shoes where they haven't been WAITLISTED and still says "Invited for Interview"??

shemshad are you instate? and have you gotten officially waitlisted yet? I had an interview first week of November and have not been waitlisted or rejected, and my aadsas portal still says "Invited for Interview." I have called them and emailed them multiple multiple times and they are the most generic, stubborn, and cold-hearted answers every single time saying that my application is still under review and i'll know once they make a decision. I'm like no really??????????? They told me today to just be patient and they can't even answer my question when i ask them whether I am in a worse situation being I haven't officially been waitlisted.

Anyone else in my shoes where they haven't been WAITLISTED and still says "Invited for Interview"??

I am in the same situation. I havent heard anything back and my thing still says invited for interview. I think they are going to make there final decision after May 1.

I am in the same situation. I havent heard anything back and my thing still says invited for interview. I think they are going to make there final decision after May 1.

D-day. :xf:

I was accepted off the waitlist recently.

I noticed you have gotten into a couple schools that many of us are anxiously waiting to hear back from but you have decided you are attending UNLV. Curious if you have or plan on pulling your seats at the other schools to open it up for us? :D

I am also in the same situation and was wondering the same thing. Are we better or worse off having not been waitlisted

I am finishing biochem and physics this semester. Do you think that I havent heard anything back from them because they are waiting to see what I got in those classes.

I am finishing biochem and physics this semester. Do you think that I havent heard anything back from them because they are waiting to see what I got in those classes.

hmm that's a good question but I'm graduating this May and I've already done all my prereqs so I doubt that.... but that is a very good hypothesis! maybe

Yes, i am an instate applicant. I was interviewed in mid-feb and was placed on the waitlist a couple weeks after the interview. I have sent several emails stating my strong interest in attending the school. But I try to not get my hopes up because I think they have already reached the cap for instate students, which is 60% of the class. i mean they have pretty high capture rate for Maryland residents (90%or more), which means it is highly unlikely for a maryland resident to turn down an offer. At this point, I think out of state students have a higher chance to get off of the waitist. That's just my opinion.

this should help some of us out.. I just called and spoke to Dr. Meehan herself about 15 minutes ago and asked her if there is anything my application is missing and why is it that some people have gotten waitlisted and some people have not heard back since their interview and she answered: "Well, it's the same reason some people have gotten accepted and some have not. We're not saying you will not get in but the committee is still reviewing your application and we just haven't made a decision on it yet."

So basically from that I can assume that we are in a worse situation not having been waitlisted. Good luck you all though, hopefully there is some update for us.

It's been almost a week. Has anyone been contacted by the school?

It's been almost a week. Has anyone been contacted by the school?

dude i don't know why you're worrying so much... at least you have been waitlisted. just be patient. i told you the response it's always generic from UMB

I got accepted from the waitlist Monday morning. I'm deciding between UMB and UMICH. On Aadsas my status was waitlisted. Now it says offer made.

I got accepted from the waitlist Monday morning. I'm deciding between UMB and UMICH. On Aadsas my status was waitlisted. Now it says offer made.

I am currently first year student at UMB, I would choose Michigan over UMB. PM me if you have specific questions about the school.