Residency: IS
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/9
Application complete date: 6/18
GPA (science, overall): sGPA: 3.39; overall: 3.45
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19 AA, 19 TS, 19 PAT, No
Method of interview: In Person
oGPA: 3.55
sGPA: 3.60

how did your gpa go down that much since march?
congrats on all the interviews and on the dat improvement...

oGPA: 3.55
sGPA: 3.60

how did your gpa go down that much since march?
congrats on all the interviews and on the dat improvement...
I had a rough time in physics sadly. I also some “W”s that my school doesn’t factor into my gpa. That is what the ADEA calculated so I felt it was more appropriate to put that gpa calculation instead of what my school came up with.

I had a rough time in physics sadly. I also some “W”s that my school doesn’t factor into my gpa. That is what the ADEA calculated so I felt it was more appropriate to put that gpa calculation instead of what my school came up with.
makes sense, thanks
congrats on all the invites...

Interview #4
Notification date:
8/9
Method of notification: Email
Residency: IS
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/1
Application complete date: 6/9
GPA (science, overall): sGPA: 3.69; overall: 3.84
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23 AA, 24 TS, 24 PAT, No
Method of interview: In Person
I have similar stats but I just applied there yesterday. Can I message you for some questions?

Hey guys, current D4 at the university of Utah. Feel free to ask any questions about the school or application/interview process!

Reactions: 1 user
Interview #3:
Notification date: 8/29
Residency: OOS
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/15
Application complete date: 8/3
GPA (science, overall): 3.40, 3.49
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/20/19/24/no
Interview Date: 10/10
Method of interview: In-Person

Interview #3:
When did you take casper?

Hey guys, current D4 at the university of Utah. Feel free to ask any questions about the school or application/interview process!
For the class of 2026's class profile, it says that the average age is 25 years old. And given the culture of the area and all, I'm just worried that the class is largely married people with children and I'll feel very out of place being a single 21 year old. Could you give any insight on that and the class culture?

Members don't see this ad :)
I would say about half my class was married and/or had kids when we started. The class she may be slightly older but I there were still plenty of people your age. And the younger, single people in my class were just fine in terms of making friends and having people to connect with. In fact a lot of the single people became good friends with classmates who were married and their spouses.

Interview #3:
When did you get your "application complete" email from University of Utah?

Received the "app complete" email on 8/29, received an interview invite today (9/18). It looks like invites are sent out about 3 weeks after that email is received.

Did anyone have an interview?
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!!

Anyone know if Utah is call only, or are they gonna update AADSAS at midnight?

I remember them telling us that they will email at midnight during the interview if I remember

I remember them telling us that they will email at midnight during the interview if I remember
I do remember that as well- do you know if that email is Utah time or EST?

Waitlisted. A bit heartbroken, but maybe there's still hope..

There’s hope for sure! I know 2 people with acceptances here that received acceptances elsewhere and prefer those options over the U!
That's good to hear :) I wonder if U has a ranked waitlist? I really fell in love with the school when I visited, I was so bummed to get the WL email.

That's good to hear :) I wonder if U has a ranked waitlist? I really fell in love with the school when I visited, I was so bummed to get the WL email.
utah's waitlist is ranked, they will not tell you your ranking
and there are separate IS and OOS waitlists...

utah's waitlist is ranked, they will not tell you your ranking
and there are separate IS and OOS waitlists...
and oos waitlist tends to move a lot...

Reactions: 2 users
Hello fellow predental/dental students,
I was waitlisted for UOU's DDS class of 2027. I have a few questions to help me hopefully get accepted into this school as it is my top choice. First, does UOU value letters of intent, or do they look down upon them (some schools see it as needy or unprofessional)? Secondly, I am hoping to come into contact with any current UOU students that have gotten off the waitlist to ask if they did anything, in particular, to stand out among other waitlisted students or if they have any advice they would be willing to share with me. If this applies to you, I kindly ask you to either respond to this post or DM me on Instagram connor_martel. Best of luck to all other applicants in the same boat, it's very important to stay positive in this situation! FYI I am an OOS applicant and have heard the OOS waitlist moves much more frequently than the IS waitlist.

Hello fellow predental/dental students,
I was waitlisted for UOU's DDS class of 2027. I have a few questions to help me hopefully get accepted into this school as it is my top choice. First, does UOU value letters of intent, or do they look down upon them (some schools see it as needy or unprofessional)? Secondly, I am hoping to come into contact with any current UOU students that have gotten off the waitlist to ask if they did anything, in particular, to stand out among other waitlisted students or if they have any advice they would be willing to share with me. If this applies to you, I kindly ask you to either respond to this post or DM me on Instagram connor_martel. Best of luck to all other applicants in the same boat, it's very important to stay positive in this situation! FYI I am an OOS applicant and have heard the OOS waitlist moves much more frequently than the IS waitlist.
waitlist is ranked, and there are separate waitlists for IS and OOS
trust the process, it tends to move a lot...

waitlist is ranked, and there are separate waitlists for IS and OOS
trust the process, it tends to move a lot...

Do you remember when they said theyre gonna start offering acceptances from the waitlist?

Do you remember when they said theyre gonna start offering acceptances from the waitlist?
waitlists generally start to move 30 days after dec 15
which is now...

Just got a call that I was accepted off the waitlist for IS! Good luck to everyone

i know a couple people who are OOS that turned down their spots, so these should open up soon...
Just got a call that I was accepted off the waitlist for IS! Good luck to everyone

Hello,
Today after three cycles of applying, I have been accepted into the University of New England! Never give up! I would like advice on if I should contact the University of Utah, waitlisted, and explain to them that while I've been accepted into another program, I would instead attend the UOU. Some say that one can use acceptance from other schools as leverage, but others say this could rub the admissions team the wrong way coming off as arrogant and annoying. To add, I did send a letter of intent to them on Monday. Thanks!