UMass vs. TCU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

everythingis onfire

Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I can confidently tell you that UMass has a great reputation. They also have a great reputation/connection with the Boston hospitals (MGH, Brigham, etc). Also TCU opened up in 2019 which is a quite new school, while UMass has been open since around 1970s. When it comes to prestige/reputation I would say UMass>TCU

For the area, I will tell you Worcester is not the best area quite frankly. I have never lived there but it's definitely not really a city or an area people are trying to live in. You are about an hour away from Boston so it's not the most convenient but I believe the commuter rail goes from Worcester to Boston which isn't bad to take.

Hope that helps you out a little.

Reactions: 1 user
UMass, and it's not particularly close.

UMass has better clinical training (UMass Memorial is the affiliated hospital and has every specialty/residency program) and research opportunities (~#35ish in the country for NIH funding). The UMass match list is also very strong.

Imo, if you have the opportunity for your medical education, it's always better to take the established path.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Status
Not open for further replies.