UMDNJ Cheating Scandal

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
whoa! :eek:

anyone know how this will affect the accreditation? and the effect that will have on the incoming and present classes?

Members don't see this ad :)
wow, that's pretty serious stuff. I don't get why they do this though, I mean are there not enough opportunities to complete your requirements? Or is this just ppl getting lazy? I was there a couple of days ago and a couple of the seniors were praising the clinical aspect of things so much - how much opportunities there were for all sorts of practise....

this is big.

how do you guys think it'll affect this cycle's applications?

when are they up for review of accreditation?

mlle said:
wow, that's pretty serious stuff. I don't get why they do this though, I mean are there not enough opportunities to complete your requirements? Or is this just ppl getting lazy? I was there a couple of days ago and a couple of the seniors were praising the clinical aspect of things so much - how much opportunities there were for all sorts of practise....

this is big.

how do you guys think it'll affect this cycle's applications?

when are they up for review of accreditation?

The article said they were up to hear for accredidation in July, but there's the possibility that they might not hear back until the second hal fof 2006. Man, it's going to be insane for the people who go there..

This is bad, especially for the students who have applied to specialty programs and are involved in the scandal. I think they should have to repeat all the procedures, but I don't think they should be kicked out after 2 and a half years of hard work...maybe they should have to complete all the clinical requirements again. The situation sucks...

it can't be good for the school-remember that the faculty, even unwittingly, has participated in this scandal. first the university wide double billing scandal, now at least 18 and maybe more seniors won't graduate due to cheating. if i was an incoming freshman, i wouldn't be too happy now. i think that you have to wait until this plays out (how many and who involved) until you draw final conclusions, but it looks worrisome for the institution. lets see what evolves.

fightingspirit said:
the incident is kinda typical of new jersey though....

why does everyone always hate on jersey?

So I could be in the minority on this issue, but I think a greater concern is the qulity of dentists that are graduating and doing work on the patients. I mean, the points or credits towards certain procedures even though they are redundant and repetitive only helps to perfect your craft and if people are taking shortcuts, the last thing I want is one of those dentists to be working on me IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.