UMDNJ Discussion Thread 2010-2011

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone had trouble contacting the admissions office at UMDNJ? I'm trying to check on the status of my application and I can't get a hold of anyone. They don't even seem to have a voicemail box-- all I get is a generic greeting from Verizon. WTF? They've had my secondary for 1.5 months (delivery confirmation), but no acknowledgement at all, my check hasn't even been cashed....

I reached the office yesterday afternoon without any trouble. Try this number, maybe it'll work: (856) 566-7050

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone had trouble contacting the admissions office at UMDNJ? I'm trying to check on the status of my application and I can't get a hold of anyone. They don't even seem to have a voicemail box-- all I get is a generic greeting from Verizon. WTF? They've had my secondary for 1.5 months (delivery confirmation), but no acknowledgement at all, my check hasn't even been cashed....

I got through today and they were very rude when I inquired about the status of my application. Not happy about that.

Has anybody been placed on the wait list and then accept later. Or do they wait for a certain date for that

Thanks. I meant do I have to wait until all interviews have been done to get off of the list

Hey everyone!

Just got into my state MD school and I will be relinquishing my spot this week. Hope one of you SDN hopefuls on the wait list gets this spot. UMDNJ-SOM is a great school though, so congrats to everyone anyhow!

Good luck on all of your future endeavors! :luck:

Has anyone called to see if they have the alternate list ranked yet? I figure after the 3rd Friday there might be some progress, but I was wondering if anyone had called to check recently?

Has anyone called to see if they have the alternate list ranked yet? I figure after the 3rd Friday there might be some progress, but I was wondering if anyone had called to check recently?

If you interviewed on 01/04/11 when do you think one should hear back? First week or Feb or sooner than that?

soooo if i still havent heard from umdnj at all for an interview, does that pretty much mean i should stop waiting cause im getting rejected? i applied sept. 28th.

If you interviewed on 01/04/11 when do you think one should hear back? First week or Feb or sooner than that?

The adcom meets the 3rd Friday of each month to make the decisions regarding acceptances, so it should be the 21st or the 24th (the following Monday) of this month. I happened to interview back in September and was put on the alternate list, so I was wondering if any other waitlisters like myself have checked to see if the list has been ranked yet. I have heard this time of the year the list should be ranked. It should give us a decent idea of where we stand, if perhaps we'll get accepted off of it or not...

I called last Thursday and was able to find out my position on the waitlist.

Members don't see this ad :)
I called last Thursday and was able to find out my position on the waitlist.

Thanks, I just called. But it's going to be updated again this Friday, since the adcom meets. I was just given a percentage, not a number on the list like I thought I would get. Interesting.

Does anyone know when applicants on the alternate list are considered for admission/offered acceptances? I've heard as late as orientation, but anyone know how early this can happen?

Thanks, I just called. But it's going to be updated again this Friday, since the adcom meets. I was just given a percentage, not a number on the list like I thought I would get. Interesting.

Does anyone know when applicants on the alternate list are considered for admission/offered acceptances? I've heard as late as orientation, but anyone know how early this can happen?

So we really wont know what "number" on the waiting list we are? I thought that we would be able to find that out not just a percentage. Does anyone know how this works?

So we really wont know what "number" on the waiting list we are? I thought that we would be able to find that out not just a percentage. Does anyone know how this works?

I was just given my "percentage". But maybe they do have "numbers" available for us to ask about. I'd call again and try to get my "number", but I don't want to call too much. Maybe we can all try again Friday afternoon once the list is re-updated.
Secondly, if anyone happens to know when the adcom begins going through the list, your input would be greatly appreciated.

They just gave me a percentage as well. Anyone want to share what percentage they are in?

I'll start-they said I was in the top 21%

They just gave me a percentage as well. Anyone want to share what percentage they are in?

I'll start-they said I was in the top 21%

Top 35% for me. Perhaps the tiers go by percentages of 7? That's the common factor between ours. Unless it's actually our percent in terms of the 170 applicants, in which case we can get our number. What do you think?

soooo if i still havent heard from umdnj at all for an interview, does that pretty much mean i should stop waiting cause im getting rejected? i applied sept. 28th.

Anybody have any input? I'm in the same boat. Any OOS-ers with good news from UMDNJ?

same here, OOS and haven't heard a single word.

are they still interviewing?

Anybody have any input? I'm in the same boat. Any OOS-ers with good news from UMDNJ?

same here, OOS and haven't heard a single word.

are they still interviewing?

Yes, I am OOS and heard back in October for an interview in November. There were a few of us OOSers on my interview day. And I was accepted about a week later.

Good luck :luck:

I just called, and the waitlist is now getting updated Monday morning, for those of you curious.

Ugh... these jerks just finally cashed the check I wrote for my secondary... two months after I sent it to them. Over that period of time I forgot that they hadn't cashed it yet. Surprise! $90 gone from my checking account. They'd better invite me for an interview for this trouble lol :p

Did you call yesterday to find out your place on the waitlist?

Yeah. I was told that since interviews typically continue until the end of March, the waitlist usually begins to move around April. Looks like a long few months for some of us.

Yeah. I was told that since interviews typically continue until the end of March, the waitlist usually begins to move around April. Looks like a long few months for some of us.

I was told that a person's rank can change due to improved GPA or mcat score. Does the same occur with extra recommendation letters sent?

Hey! Congrats to all those recently accepted or invited for an interview!

I interviewed Jan 19th and got an acceptance call Jan 21st :)

For those of you accepted, how long does it take for the acceptance package to arrive? and is there anything I need to do in the meanwhile to show intent to attend?

Thanks!

For those of you accepted, how long does it take for the acceptance package to arrive? and is there anything I need to do in the meanwhile to show intent to attend?

Thanks!
i wud give ur deposit. u think its 150

Thanks!

April called Wednesday to find out which address I wanted the package sent to. She said that they'd be sent out by the end of this week overnight UPS. Are you definitely attending? If so, looks like we're going to be classmates :) You should joing the facebook group for UMDNJ SOM class of 2015.

April called Wednesday to find out which address I wanted the package sent to. She said that they'd be sent out by the end of this week overnight UPS. Are you definitely attending? If so, looks like we're going to be classmates :) You should joing the facebook group for UMDNJ SOM class of 2015.

Thanks dizzzy1209! I began to get worried about not receiving the package, lol.

I felt great about the school and it is definitely at the top of my list :)

I'm an OOS applicant and I interview here next week. Any advice?

I'm an OOS applicant and I interview here next week. Any advice?

well tell me your gpa/mcat and I guarantee I will accurately predict if you will be accepted or waitlisted (I don't think they reject post interview).

well tell me your gpa/mcat and i guarantee i will accurately predict if you will be accepted or waitlisted (i don't think they reject post interview).

PM sent

Last edited:
I just called, and the waitlist is now getting updated Monday morning, for those of you curious.

I just called and spoke to April and I was told that the position will change at the end of the month. And that they don't neccesarily go straight down the list. ;)

Hey guys,

Congrats to those of you accepted. I'm a current first year, and I was in your shoes last year....every year it's more competitive, so that those students who would have absolutely been outright accepted 3-5 years ago may now get waitlisted, especially if they apply on the later side. Last year the waitlist was very slow to move; they originally thought it would start moving in April or May, but it didn't really start moving until end of May/June. (so if you are waitlisted, don't lose hope...I don't know if last year was different with the economy, but according to the Admissions office, it moved a lot slower than usual).

If anyone has any questions about the process, or about the PBL program, feel free to ask. I'm a 1st year student and PBL student.

Best of luck to everyone

Beth

I just called and spoke to April and I was told that the position will change at the end of the month. And that they don't neccesarily go straight down the list. ;)

just curious...when you say "position" do they actually tell you where you are on the list? (I'm on the wait list too :confused:)

just curious...when you say "position" do they actually tell you where you are on the list? (I'm on the wait list too :confused:)

they tell you were on the list you are (i.e. top half, bottom half, etc) but don't give you explicit detail (i.e. you are 62 out of 130).

I retook the MCATs in Jan after being waitlisted. Let's say I greatly improve my score and get a 31 or so. Would that get me accepted any faster or would I still have to wait months for the waitlist to move and get accepted?

when i called in both times, they told me the rough percentile you're in, like top 15th percentile, etc etc.

lol

Last edited:
Interview next Tuesday! Ahhh I'm so nervous... what's it like?

For those on the waiting list, I called recently for an update. I was given the % speil and was told that interviewing would come to a halt in April. At this point they will begin pulling from the list. Interestingly, she said if you were in the top third you had a good shot.

Good luck to all the in-staters who want to stay close to home.