Umdnj Do/jd

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chaeymaey

1K Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is anyone in the DO/JD program at New Jersey's DO school? It looks interesting. I love to learn more about it.

Members don't see this ad.

chaeymaey said:
Is anyone in the DO/JD program at New Jersey's DO school? It looks interesting. I love to learn more about it.

I am not in it. But I can tell you it is a good program. Nonetheless, about the major advantage of doing it this way as opposed to independently is being able to enter the Law portion without the LSAT if you meet a certain MCAT score requirement.

Rutgers law is a good school, it's lots of work but if law makes you passionate this is one good way to go.

Wow, I didn't know that you could get in the program w/o the LSAT! I took a practice LSAT at a Kaplan Test Drive last Saturday and scored a 158 cold, but getting in w/o the LSAT would be sweet.

Yeah, LSAT verbal is no match for MCAT verbal.

Members don't see this ad :)
chaeymaey said:
Wow, I didn't know that you could get in the program w/o the LSAT! I took a practice LSAT at a Kaplan Test Drive last Saturday and scored a 158 cold, but getting in w/o the LSAT would be sweet.

Yeah, LSAT verbal is no match for MCAT verbal.

Yep, I agree who wants to take an additional standardized test? oh sure you will have to take the bar exam if you ever wish to practice as an attorney but moving the LSAT out of the equation is sweet indeed.

I hear it is an additional two years so 6 all together and that you do it after your first two years of med school. I have a classmate who is doing it, if you want PM me and I will ask him if I can give you his email.

chaeymaey

I tried PMing you some info. but your box is full :luck:

blank.jpg

medhacker said:
chaeymaey

I tried PMing you some info. but your box is full :luck:
thanks, i just cleared it.

beastmaster said:
This may sound weird, but that made me want to pursue the dual degree more. I totally identified w/ the md/jd who said that he felt like he was neglecting a part of his intellectual self by only pursuing MD or JD. Dr. Hume's beef seemed to be all about the money, and I don't think that has much to do with anything when it comes to fulfilling yourself intellectually.

Any DO/MD dual programs out there?

DO/DDS?

NRAI2001 said:
Any DO/MD dual programs out there?

DO/DDS?

How would a DO/MD program work?

I tend to thinks DOs and MDs should learn a good amount of DDS

MD/DDS is an oral surgeon. Don't know if DO schools participate in this.

chaeymaey said:
MD/DDS is an oral surgeon. Don't know if DO schools participate in this.

Forgive me if I am mistaken but I thought MD/DDS didn't really learn as much of the MD part as MDs, does that make sense? :confused:

medhacker said:
How would a DO/MD program work?

I tend to thinks DOs and MDs should learn a good amount of DDS

Yea i was jk :laugh:

medhacker said:
Forgive me if I am mistaken but I thought MD/DDS didn't really learn as much of the MD part as MDs, does that make sense? :confused:

Not sure, but are you talking about OMFS? I'm not sure how their training is setup, but I don't necessarily think it's inferior - they finish all of the med school reqs. You should check the dental forum.

medhacker said:
They finish dental school then go to med school starting as 2nd year med students and finish med school, rotations and all. Some choose to pursue medical residencies, like family practice, but most continue on to oral surgery residencies.