You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
UMDNJ-GSBS Stratford 2012-2013
Started by sweetness06239
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
anyone planning on attending this program in the fall?
I applied to the program and hope to get in!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have a question. I'm planning to complete my master's degree at Stratford for one year (starting Fall 2012) and hopefully enter medical school in the following year (Fall 2013). If I were to enter the GSBS program at Stratford starting in Fall 2012 , when do I apply to medical school?
I was thinking of applying to SOM after my first Master's semester, so that the admissions could see my grades from the program rather than my poor grades from undergraduate.
I was thinking of applying to SOM after my first Master's semester, so that the admissions could see my grades from the program rather than my poor grades from undergraduate.
Technically, you should be applying this coming May for Fall 2013. I think you would be able to apply but your application would be really late. The problem is when you would have to list your grades, you wouldn't be able to. All your courses would be pending until the end of your Fall 2012 semester. That's when you'll be able to send your transcript. The schools wouldn't have much to go on with since it's only one semester. They would definitely ask for your spring semester grades which you would probably get around end of May. By that time a lot of med school classes are filled up and people are just on waiting lists. So I'm not sure how it will work out. That's the same problem I have too. So I tried to apply to school that offers automatic interviews or acceptance into their medical school.
I hope I helped.
I hope I helped.
I just accepted so excited!!!😀
The same lettersHI! For those you have previously applied to medical school. Did you use the same letters as you did for your medical school applictions or did you get new letters?
Hey guys! Glad to hear about all the new students coming into the GSBS program! I am a current student in the program, and ended up getting accepted this cycle into the medical school, starting this fall. I just wanted to be here for any questions any of you might have, about the program, the school, where to live, and applying. I'll do my best to help! Feel free to ask here of PM if needed.
Good luck to all!
Good luck to all!
i just got accepted!
Hey everyone! I recently got accepted to UMDNJ-Stratford for the MBS program and I'm sending in my deposit today. Anyone know if we are allowed to take medical school courses the first semester?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ok, a few quick questions:
Here is what I found regarding courses. http://som.umdnj.edu/gsbstrat/curriculum.htm
How many credits do we need to complete the program? 24? 12/semester?
Also, do we sign up for classes online or is in person at orientation? or?
edit: just saw that we need 30 credits to graduate. can we take 6 of those over the summer before we enter? or is that a bad idea?
Here is what I found regarding courses. http://som.umdnj.edu/gsbstrat/curriculum.htm
How many credits do we need to complete the program? 24? 12/semester?
Also, do we sign up for classes online or is in person at orientation? or?
edit: just saw that we need 30 credits to graduate. can we take 6 of those over the summer before we enter? or is that a bad idea?
I am assuming we could take the last hours over the summer or if we don't gain admission to med/dental school we can take it the following fall/spring. I don't know what your plans are but I was told if you get accepted to their SOM that you can transfer 6 hrs.
My plans are to apply to SOM next month.
I also found this
http://som.umdnj.edu/gsbstrat/adm/msb-message.htm
Although its 7 years old, from the sound of it the classes seem manageable.
The only reason I brought it up is because I was afraid 15 credits might be too much especially while taking a med school course... Need to read more.
I also found this
http://som.umdnj.edu/gsbstrat/adm/msb-message.htm
Although its 7 years old, from the sound of it the classes seem manageable.
The only reason I brought it up is because I was afraid 15 credits might be too much especially while taking a med school course... Need to read more.
When do you plan on completing the other credits? 18 in spring? or following summer?
According to the summer schedule, we can take Anatomy over the summer. It's 7 credits if you do all 4 parts (or you can only take certain parts for 1 or 2 credits), from June 4 to July 27. But it's M-F 6 hours A DAY!
Also, thinking about thesis research. That would allow you to do research and get credits for it..
According to the summer schedule, we can take Anatomy over the summer. It's 7 credits if you do all 4 parts (or you can only take certain parts for 1 or 2 credits), from June 4 to July 27. But it's M-F 6 hours A DAY!
Also, thinking about thesis research. That would allow you to do research and get credits for it..
Hey,
I e-mailed Dr. Worrad a couple days regarding summer classes. I asked her if we would be allowed to start early and take classes during the summer (for credit) if we got accepted for fall 2012 and she said that it would not be possible...thought you guys would want to know.
Will anyone else be working full-time? I'll be making a facebook group so look out for it! It might be easier to find more classmates 🙂
I e-mailed Dr. Worrad a couple days regarding summer classes. I asked her if we would be allowed to start early and take classes during the summer (for credit) if we got accepted for fall 2012 and she said that it would not be possible...thought you guys would want to know.
Will anyone else be working full-time? I'll be making a facebook group so look out for it! It might be easier to find more classmates 🙂
Just got my acceptance letter today! Can't wait to start this program. Does anyone know how this program will help pre-dental students? I've heard a few success stories in regards to getting accepted into their DO school...
I am very confused about how to register for class. I have no holds on my account.
Do we need to contact each professor and ask for permission to register for a class?
Has anyone already register any class?
Do we need to contact each professor and ask for permission to register for a class?
Has anyone already register any class?
Hey guys! Glad to hear about all the new students coming into the GSBS program! I am a current student in the program, and ended up getting accepted this cycle into the medical school, starting this fall. I just wanted to be here for any questions any of you might have, about the program, the school, where to live, and applying. I'll do my best to help! Feel free to ask here of PM if needed.
Good luck to all!
Hey, thanks for the help.
I'm kinda new to this, but had few questions, if you don't mind. I have a 3.7 cGPA as well as 3.7 sGPA. A 24 MCAT and was really interested in going to UMDNJ-SOM. Do you think the MBS program will be a good option for me? Also, what kind of chance do students, with such stats, in the MBS program have of getting into the SOM? Thanks for your help.
D
deleted248403
Hey, thanks for the help.
I'm kinda new to this, but had few questions, if you don't mind. I have a 3.7 cGPA as well as 3.7 sGPA. A 24 MCAT and was really interested in going to UMDNJ-SOM. Do you think the MBS program will be a good option for me? Also, what kind of chance do students, with such stats, in the MBS program have of getting into the SOM? Thanks for your help.
Its been said a thousand times - an SMP is not a solution to a sh*tty MCAT.
Instead of spending $20-30k at UMDNJ-SOM, spend $1500 on a Kaplan course
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello-
I just found out this week that I got accepted into the MBS program at UMDNJ stratford for spring 2013. I am in the process of planning my visit for orientation Dec 13th also looking for apartments. I will be moving from the midwest and will not bring my car so if anyone has any suggestions as far as apartments that are in walking distance that would be awesome. Below there is a list I found posted online any comments would be great. Is there any type of shuttle service from the airport to campus? My understanding is that Philly is the closest airport.
Brookview Manor Apartments
Wright Ave
Stratford, NJ 08084
(856) 435-9183
Walking Distance 10 minutes
Distance .06 miles
Cornell Manor Apartments
319 Columbia Ave
Stratford, NJ 08084
(856) 784-1121
Walking Distance 10 minutes
Distance .06 miles
Fox Ridge Apartments
Old Warwick Rd
Somerdale, NJ 08083
(856) 784-5553
Walking Distance 15 minutes
Distance .08 miles
Spring Gardens Apartments
1000 W Atlantic Ave
Laurel Springs, NJ 08021
(856) 627-8805
Walking Distance 15 minutes
Distance .08 miles
I just found out this week that I got accepted into the MBS program at UMDNJ stratford for spring 2013. I am in the process of planning my visit for orientation Dec 13th also looking for apartments. I will be moving from the midwest and will not bring my car so if anyone has any suggestions as far as apartments that are in walking distance that would be awesome. Below there is a list I found posted online any comments would be great. Is there any type of shuttle service from the airport to campus? My understanding is that Philly is the closest airport.
Brookview Manor Apartments
Wright Ave
Stratford, NJ 08084
(856) 435-9183
Walking Distance 10 minutes
Distance .06 miles
Cornell Manor Apartments
319 Columbia Ave
Stratford, NJ 08084
(856) 784-1121
Walking Distance 10 minutes
Distance .06 miles
Fox Ridge Apartments
Old Warwick Rd
Somerdale, NJ 08083
(856) 784-5553
Walking Distance 15 minutes
Distance .08 miles
Spring Gardens Apartments
1000 W Atlantic Ave
Laurel Springs, NJ 08021
(856) 627-8805
Walking Distance 15 minutes
Distance .08 miles
Similar threads
- Replies
- 8
- Views
- 1K
- Replies
- 11
- Views
- 3K
D
- Replies
- 3
- Views
- 1K