UMDNJ Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Btw, thanks for the tour Nate! Not every day you get led on a tour by a SMOD:laugh:

yea the tour was great Nate! thanks again! :)

Members don't see this ad.

I wanted to make it in to school early (yes 11:45 is early for me some days) to say hi and ended up doing the tour; usually the first years handle that but you guys had a large group. It was nice to meet you all and I hope to see you here next year. Any questions feel free to ask.

I wanted to make it in to school early (yes 11:45 is early for me some days) to say hi and ended up doing the tour; usually the first years handle that but you guys had a large group. It was nice to meet you all and I hope to see you here next year. Any questions feel free to ask.

Thanks for the tour, Nate. I was really impressed with the school. Next time, remember your ID card, though. ;) ;)

It was nice to meet you and DrKuba.

Members don't see this ad :)

haha can you pull some weight and get me off the waitlist by any chance? hahaha just kidding.

"I felt like my interviewers were really tired and bored the whole time (6pm). It was kind of hard to carry on a conversation with them. Definitely the most awkward interview I have been on; they didnt grill me or anything, just weird. Anyways, best of luck to those that are awaiting word, and to those with upcoming interviews!"

My interview is at 6pm too- Right before the holidays! Good or bad!? not sure.....

I think it was just a fluke, I wouldnt worry about it. They probably just hated me, lol.

So the more I think about my interview, the more worried I get. My interview was scheduled for 3, but for some reason I got called in a 2:20. I hadn't gotten into "interview-mode" yet since I was suprised. One of the first questions, she says" So you applied to both MD and DO? (how did they know that?) Why Osteopathy?" I started my sentence something like "well, I use osteopathi....(realized she must think I am going to say back-up and so I kind oif freaked out and started a new sentence where I said that I wana use OMM as a tool) She then asked if I got accepted into both, which one whould I choose, and I told her it depends on the school(the truth, but I feel like I shouldnt have said that) and I went on to tell her that UMDNJSOM and UCONN were my #1's and that obviously one was a DO and one was a MD. Then at one point I said MD/PhD followed by "or DO/PHD" just because when you think of the joint programs MD/PHD just slips off the tongue. SO in conclusion - I am worried she feels that I am not as interested in osteopathy as allopathy (which cant be firther from the truth! I evaluate each school individually.) I asked her questions specific to the OMM program at the school in the end, but I just worry that I did not convey my interest in osteopathy well enough:( . That would suck since it truly is my #1.

I was thinking of writing a letter or something... but that might just seem weird..

I would write them a letter, I didn't think the interviewer allowed me to say some stuff I wanted to say, and I was advised by a few people to write him a letter.

haha...this process is just too stressful! :eek:

I wish you the best of luck! Is UMDNJ your first choice?

Munchkin910 congrats on your acceptance to SOM!
You interviewed on Oct. 10th right?
Thats strange, they got to your packet, but were not able to get to three of our packets from the 5th?????
Maybe there in alphabetical order or something??

Members don't see this ad :)
How should such a letter go? "Thank you for the interview...by the way I wanted to reinforce that..."?

Yah, pretty much. Something like:
Thank you for ....blah blah blah. I really enjoyed ..blah blah. (or maybe) Our discussion about .... blah blah blah. In case I didn't clarify my desire/interest in osteopathic medicine, I want to reinforce that.....blah blah..or let me assure you that....blah blah...
Ending with something nice about how that is exactly why you would love to attend UMDNJ.

Or something like that. Basically just say what you wanted to say.

Yah, pretty much. Something like:
Thank you for ....blah blah blah. I really enjoyed ..blah blah. (or maybe) Our discussion about .... blah blah blah. In case I didn't clarify my desire/interest in osteopathic medicine, I want to reinforce that.....blah blah..or let me assure you that....blah blah...
Ending with something nice about how that is exactly why you would love to attend UMDNJ.

Or something like that. Basically just say what you wanted to say.

Thanks a lot Ortho! I'll write the letter after my ER shift today.

Does anyone know if they did extend the Committee meeting time for Nov 17th? It would suck if they didnt get to our files and we had to wait past the time that deposits are due at other schools.

hurm. if i'm waitlisted, is it a good idea to write a Letter of Interest?

Not a Letter of Intent. Not sure if I would be able to honor that. But a Letter of Interst Stating that I'm still very interested in attending, and emphasize some of the stuff that i said in my interview as well as stating things i should have said and maybe clearing up something they might have misunderstood?

should i?

Just got an acceptance letter yesterday. It came in a large envelope.
I am very excited.

CONGRADULATIONS!!!! hey when did you interview?

I interviewed on the 13th. I flew up there in the morning and flew back at night. I honestly thought they would waitlist me since I didn't get a good vibe from the interview. I guess they were trying to see how I would fit there. It's funny sometime you walk out of an interview and you think you did great and then your hear bad news, but other times you think, man I screwed this one big time and you get excellent news.
I would love to move up there from FL. Honestly, I am ready for a change, but now that I got accepted my wife is starting to not like the idea of moving. You know how women are, you can never understand them. Oh well.
Good luck to all of you as well. It is an excellent school.

Hey guys, those of you who interviewed at UNJ maybe can help me out. My interview is at 3pm. The latest plane I can catch is at 4:45pm from PHL airport. Do you think I can make it? thanks

you can leave immediately after your interview, so that will be around 3:50. However, that does not seem like enough time to make it to PHL, through security, and to the gate....

Munchkin910 congrats on your acceptance to SOM!
You interviewed on Oct. 10th right?
Thats strange, they got to your packet, but were not able to get to three of our packets from the 5th?????
Maybe there in alphabetical order or something??

Thanks!
Yeah, I interviewed on the 10th. They probably did it alphabetically. My first and last name both begins with "C".

I hope you get in too!

Hey guys, those of you who interviewed at UNJ maybe can help me out. My interview is at 3pm. The latest plane I can catch is at 4:45pm from PHL airport. Do you think I can make it? thanks
No that isn't enough time at all. :( I really doubt you could make it to the airport by 4:00 or even 4:30 if the interview is like an hour. Sorry.

Two more long weeks till the adcom meets again.................

HI everyone....could anyone be kindly enough to share your stats for those who got interview invites? do you have to be a NJ resident to get an interview or acceptance? does the school favor NJ residents? what are the chances if you are an out of state applicant? thanks!!! congrats and good luck to those who got an interview!!!!

HI everyone....could anyone be kindly enough to share your stats for those who got interview invites? do you have to be a NJ resident to get an interview or acceptance? does the school favor NJ residents? what are the chances if you are an out of state applicant? thanks!!! congrats and good luck to those who got an interview!!!!

NJ Resident
overall: 3.13
BCP: 3.77
35Q

Interviewed -> rejected

Science GPA: 3.89
Overall GPA: 3.24
MCAT: VR:10, BS: 9, PS: 8, WS: O
Out of state.
Interviewed - awaiting outcome....!

GPA: 3.85
Sci: 3.87
MCAT: 36M
Interviewed 10/18
Accepted 11/7 :D