UMDNJ Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Why must they torture us................

does anyone know if thier acceptance letter is packet size or just a small envelope?

Members don't see this ad.

I just called and they said no phones calls have been made yet and they are sending the letters out today. She also said not everyone who gets accepted will receive a phone call. Hopefully we'll know something today. I can't take it anymore!

I am soooo nervous!

Members don't see this ad :)
I am freaking out! I got a call during my class like 45 minutes ago from UMDNJ-SOM and by the time I picked up the phone (after sprinting out of class) i missed the call. Later I find a voice message said this is Paula, "I just would like to give you some information that you will like to know. Call me back tomorrow at 9 am." AHHH what does that mean. Did I get in. Did anyone else get a call today?

I am freaking out! I got a call during my class like 45 minutes ago from UMDNJ-SOM and by the time I picked up the phone (after sprinting out of class) i missed the call. Later I find a voice message said this is Paula, "I just would like to give you some information that you will like to know. Call me back tomorrow at 9 am." AHHH what does that mean. Did I get in. Did anyone else get a call today?

Got the same thing at 5:20pm, it was right during someones presentation, So I went outside 5 min later, and it was a msg from Paula saying to call tomorrow.... So I ran over to the admissions office (since I was on campus) but the doors were closed and locked......Could she have wanted more info? do they call people to explain the waitlist to them?
I cannot wait another 12 hours I'm going to freak out......

UMDNJ is my first choice by WV is a close second. I would love to go to UMDNJ but if thats not in the cards then I will be a great DO coming from WVSOM! Good luck on the wait, I know I am going to be freaking out until I call tomorrow!!!

I got a call around 4:30. She said that she wanted to inform me that they didn't have time to review my packet and that I would now be reviewed November 17th.

OH thats Tough... when did you interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, I interviewed with you. Hmm i wonder if that is what they were calling me for. I hope not but I will let you know.

Please do. Paula told me that they were interviewing lots of people and it was taking a long time to go through the canidates. I thought NJ haD an 80% acceptance rate for interviewed applicants. Am I wrong? Good luck tomorrow!

Yeah I was the 5th also, AAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Nov. 17th I will never make it...... And I am going to have to wait till tomorrow morning to find out...
(It's like that last 12 hours b4 MCAT scores came out all over again)

Jacki, did she leave a msg or did you answer the phone? and what # interview were you 1st, 4th or 5th?

anyone who took/retook the aug mcat get an interview invite yet?

So if i interviewed on October 10th, that would mean they probably didn't get to my file either....:scared:

I was the last interview on that day. Also I spoke directly with her. She left me a message saying that she needed to talk to me and to call her back. I called back within 5 minutes and that's how she told me. Good luck to all you guys. Please let me know how your calls go today.

DrKuba, I'm interviewing there this Friday the 27th. Good Luck to you. My interview is at 1:30pm.

ill be there on friday! my interview is at 3:30...

Just talked to Paula, she said my application was also pushed back till the 17th of Nov.
ANOTHER MONTH OF WAITING...........

oops. mines at 3 then i guess. I should go check

yea let me know in case i wrote down the wrong time! i rescheduled over the phone so i could have heard wrong...

Looks I have to wait until Nov. 17th too...

Looks I have to wait until Nov. 17th too...

What a letdown that was... I cannot believe we have to wait sooo long to find out about our interviews, the interviewers probably will not even remember us by then..

On a positive note, at least we still stand a chance at this point. I thought NJ had a high acceptance rate for candidates who interviewed, but no one on this site talks about getting an acceptance from them. I wonder what is going on. Any ideas?

On a positive note, at least we still stand a chance at this point. I thought NJ had a high acceptance rate for candidates who interviewed, but no one on this site talks about getting an acceptance from them. I wonder what is going on. Any ideas?

from what i know, and since i'm waitlisted there, they had an increase of the number of applicants who applied (as in every other school), and they're waitlisting alot of people. They have a point scale type of system where your file accumulates a certain number of points and your interview accumulates a certain number of points. Add those together and if its above the minimum set by the ADCOM, you get accepted, if you're close, waitlisted, and if not, then rejected.

I wouldn't worry too much as its still early and anything can happen. but goodluck! :luck:

I thought the same thing too. I bet the few people who have been interviewed might be in the same position as we are. When I was talking to Paula, she said a few candidates before us were behind their disignated commitee meeting post-interview due to the increase in applicants and that that they will probably increase their meeting time to longer then 2 hrs. All I know is its gonna be a long 23 day wait! Good Luck

I thought the same thing too. I bet the few people who have been interviewed might be in the same position as we are. When I was talking to Paula, she said a few candidates before us were behind their disignated commitee meeting post-interview due to the increase in applicants and that that they will probably increase their meeting time to longer then 2 hrs. All I know is its gonna be a long 23 day wait! Good Luck

Nice, so I guess theoretically it is possible that any one of us who were delayed to the November 17th date may hear November 22ish that we have been pushed back to Dec..... WOO HOO I think I would probably have a nervous breakdown

Did anyone who intervied after Oct. 5th get this same phone call about the delay??? I am almost positive that there was one group of interviews the 4th in the evening, but no one b4 them, so that means they were only able to review maybe those 5 and some of the ones from the previous month???

Nice, so I guess theoretically it is possible that any one of us who were delayed to the November 17th date may hear November 22ish that we have been pushed back to Dec..... WOO HOO I think I would probably have a nervous breakdown

Did anyone who intervied after Oct. 5th get this same phone call about the delay??? I am almost positive that there was one group of interviews the 4th in the evening, but no one b4 them, so that means they were only able to review maybe those 5 and some of the ones from the previous month???

I interviewed after oct 5th, on Oct 10, but I did not receive the phone call about the delay.

Just got a rejection in the mail today. FYI, it came in a big envelope as well.

btw I interviewed on the evening of the 4th. Must have realllllly screwed it up, haha.

btw I interviewed on the evening of the 4th. Must have realllllly screwed it up, haha.

congrats on njms! your stats are great so now im REALLY nervous for my interview tomorrow...

Yeah your MCAT and GPA are really good, what did you do beat up the interviewers??
Congratulations on NJMS......

Thanks.

I felt like my interviewers were really tired and bored the whole time (6pm). It was kind of hard to carry on a conversation with them. Definitely the most awkward interview I have been on; they didnt grill me or anything, just weird. Anyways, best of luck to those that are awaiting word, and to those with upcoming interviews!

When you had your interview, did they tell you that your packet would be reviewed on the 20th of Oct?

yes they did. Maybe I got rejected, thats why they didn't call me to tell me my application is postponed. :( Maybe I'll get my rejection letter today? :scared:

yes they did. Maybe I got rejected, thats why they didn't call me to tell me my application is postponed. :( Maybe I'll get my rejection letter today? :scared:

such negativity. haha. you're not rejected until you're rejected. until then, hope for the best. I was waitlisted at UMDNJ actually so I'm hoping for the best as well!

such negativity. haha. you're not rejected until you're rejected. until then, hope for the best. I was waitlisted at UMDNJ actually so I'm hoping for the best as well!

haha...this process is just too stressful! :eek:

I wish you the best of luck! Is UMDNJ your first choice?

haha...this process is just too stressful! :eek:

I wish you the best of luck! Is UMDNJ your first choice?

Best of luck to you as well! :) and no UMDNJ wasn't my first choice but was my 2nd or 3rd choice. so it was still a sad day when i found out i was waitlisted.

"I felt like my interviewers were really tired and bored the whole time (6pm). It was kind of hard to carry on a conversation with them. Definitely the most awkward interview I have been on; they didnt grill me or anything, just weird. Anyways, best of luck to those that are awaiting word, and to those with upcoming interviews!"

My interview is at 6pm too- Right before the holidays! Good or bad!? not sure.....