UMDNJ - Newark premeds

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cannedhead325

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Because the school doesn't release any stats on how many students actually end up going to med school (I'm interested in allopathic), I thought we could maybe piece together information and get an idea amongst ourselves.

So far, I've learned that the incoming class will have ~150 students. I don't know how many of these students are premed, but I'm guessing most of them.

I've looked at previous threads, and there seems to be a consensus that 10-15 students within a given NJMS class completed the masters program.

Assuming things haven't changed, this means 10-15 out of maybe 100+ premed students who attend the program end up at NJMS. Given that the program doesn't have much visibility beyond NJMS (and RWJ), those appear to be some pretty bleak numbers.

Still, I really wanna attend this program! Can anyone point out more hopeful info?

Members don't see this ad.

i'd say a good 30-40 students are pre-dent.
5-10 phd hopefuls
5-10 terminal masters
rest pre-med

does it matter which campus you get your masters from? im doing my masters at the stratford campus but wanna apply to both RWJ and NJMS

I'm told that, based on last year, pre-meds make up 1/3 of the class.
So that'd mean ~50 are pre-meds, which makes things seem less difficult.