UMDNJ-SOM Adcom meeting

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NontradICUdoc

Why so Serious?????
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
The adcom is meeting tomorrow and phone calls will be made monday!!!!:scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared:

Members don't see this ad.

Or snail mails....seems they like to keep people guessing on their mode of contact!!

For who out there is UMDNJ still their 1st choice??

Members don't see this ad :)
It would be hard for me to chose b/w DMU and UMDNJ... but I would like to have the choice!!! :luck:

I'm not sure where I stand on UMDNJ. I think it's a fine school, but I wouldn't be heart broken if I wasn't accepted.

I have been waiting forever!!! Hopefully this time they will get to the people that were supposed to find out their status on Oct. 20th!!! Good Luck everyone.

It would be hard for me to chose b/w DMU and UMDNJ... but I would like to have the choice!!! :luck:

orthodoc if i am lucky enough to be accepted i will be having the same problem. i am from jersey, umdnj has always been my top choice....and then i visited DMU...aaah. good luck! let us know what you hear!

I have been waiting forever!!! Hopefully this time they will get to the people that were supposed to find out their status on Oct. 20th!!! Good Luck everyone.

Yeah it has been way to long......

I was hoping to receive some good news today... but I didn't receive a phone call or email. Did anyone hear from UMDNJ-SOM today?

Members don't see this ad :)
I just called the office because I could not take it anymore. She told me that she was not sure if calls will be made by today, but by tomorrow everyone will know because they are not there Thursday or Friday.

I just called the office because I could not take it anymore. She told me that she was not sure if calls will be made by today, but by tomorrow everyone will know because they are not there Thursday or Friday.

why must they keep me in this state of lingo. I even climbed out of bed at noon just in case they called! Blasphemous!

why must they keep me in this state of lingo. I even climbed out of bed at noon just in case they called! Blasphemous!

State of lingo??
Are you speaking in tongues??!! :laugh: Or did you mean limbo?!!

So I could not resist any longer...:p
This is just absolute manic craziness...I ask, does knowing right this second somehow affect weather you'll actually be accepted or not. Why drive yourself insane?
But I did interview there at the begining of this month and liked the school.

haha, I kept thinking about that after I wrote it! "that doesn't seem right...:confused: " LOL:laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Too funny!!

Totally been there! :laugh:

I am eagerly anticipating your announcement of acceptance to UMDNJ, Dr K!! Especially if it is still your top choice!

So I could not resist any longer...:p
This is just absolute manic craziness...I ask, does knowing right this second somehow affect weather you'll actually be accepted or not. Why drive yourself insane?
But I did interview there at the begining of this month and liked the school.

When it is your top choice, you can't help it. Just sit back, relax, and let us go crazy:p .

Orthodoc -
Thanks! It is my top choice still. I hope you hear great news also!

When it is your top choice, you can't help it. Just sit back, relax, and let us go crazy:p .

Orthodoc -
Thanks! It is my top choice still. I hope you hear great news also!

It's my top choice too. I have not been able to do much work over these last 2 days because I was afraid of missing the call.

It's my top choice too. I have not been able to do much work over these last 2 days because I was afraid of missing the call.

Seriously, though. Relax now. The decision has been made. Wasting your energy on hearing about it is just that - wasting your energy. We'll all hear from them, soon enough. The decision won't be any different tomorrow. :)

Try to get interested in something else. Anything else. Maybe how over rated Eli Manning is, for example...

Well I still can't understand, because it is my top choice as well...I really don't mean to be rude at all, I guess these types of reactions are very foreign to me

Guess no calls today...

so their prereqs include 16 credits of bio, and 8 credits of math; something most of the others don't require??? i guess I can't apply. :(

Yeah my top choice also, I think that is why I was so suprised when I got my interview invite back in September (it was the last place I was expecting to hear from)

Yeah my top choice also, I think that is why I was so suprised when I got my interview invite back in September (it was the last place I was expecting to hear from)

well it was definately on the top of my list as one of my favorites, but i got waitlisted back in october so ahha i don't know what's gonna happen.

no call here either

I just called them and they said they were all in a meeting. Hopefully they'll be getting out soon!

I just called them and they said they were all in a meeting. Hopefully they'll be getting out soon!

If they're all in a meeting, who answered the phone?!! ;)
It's probably just some holiday party they didn't want to 'fess up to! :p

Well, I have my interview this afternoon :) Maybe I'll find something out for y'all! HANG IN THERE!!!

I have just called Paula. Letters went out yesterday. I am on the waitlist

crap

Oh EMT! I'm so sorry to hear that!! Still, it is not a rejection, and I bet if you write many love letters to them, making sure you tell them why the school is perfect for you and you for it, there will be waitlist movement, and you will be rewarded!! Keep hoping & don't give up yet!! :luck:

hmm... if they sent it out yesterday it might come to my house in CT today.. and if not then when is the next day that mail gets delivered? :scared: I may just call like EMT did.

hmm... if they sent it out yesterday it might come to my house in CT today.. and if not then when is the next day that mail gets delivered? :scared: I may just call like EMT did.

Eh - probably Friday or Saturday. Maybe they call accepted people only...?

I just called and they said no calls will be made this time. Only letters will be given out.

Does UMDNJ have an allopathic and osteopathic school? if so, how different are they both in philosophies and in criteria and stats required?