UMDNJ-SOM Adcom meeting

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
When did she call? Friday?

You were waitlist, right?

Yes I was. She called me last night and I spoke with her this morning.

Members don't see this ad.

hey guys,
I'm new here. I interviewed this week and they said they'd be meeting next 3/16. The interview was strange in that I was asked only two q's why DO and why UMDNJ. Then the interviewer and I talked about random things for 45 min. Can someone comment on my chances purely on grades- 27 mcat, 3.25 sci gpa, 3.35 cum. gpa. thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
hey guys,
I'm new here. I interviewed this week and they said they'd be meeting next 3/16. The interview was strange in that I was asked only two q's why DO and why UMDNJ. Then the interviewer and I talked about random things for 45 min. Can someone comment on my chances purely on grades- 27 mcat, 3.25 sci gpa, 3.35 cum. gpa. thanks

It's difficult to say with those stats - they are not sub-par by any means, but there are those with similar or better numbers on the waitlist. Hopefully your interview went well; I'd say that might make all the difference for you.

G'luck!

It's difficult to say with those stats - they are not sub-par by any means, but there are those with similar or better numbers on the waitlist. Hopefully your interview went well; I'd say that might make all the difference for you.

G'luck!

Question about this waitlist...once you're on it, what are the chances of getting into the school? I would think it's less than 50%, no?

I'm asking because I'm definitely not accepted but very likely waitlisted.

Question about this waitlist...once you're on it, what are the chances of getting into the school? I would think it's less than 50%, no?

I'm asking because I'm definitely not accepted but very likely waitlisted.

It all depends on how high on the waitlist you are on. If you are in the low to middle 80s with your composite score, there is a very good chance that you will get off. Any lower than maybe 75-80 and you are looking at a tough time.

It all depends on how high on the waitlist you are on. If you are in the low to middle 80s with your composite score, there is a very good chance that you will get off. Any lower than maybe 75-80 and you are looking at a tough time.

Yeah, I figured. Now, how many people are waitlisted in total? A ballpark figure. Out of the ~200 they interview, how many of them get waitlisted/rejected/accepted?

Do they accept 90 people and take 10 from the waitlist? Do they accept 60 and take 40 from the WL? Any idea?

They accept more than 100. Nobody knows the exact numbers (save for the admissions committee), but as an example let us say that they accept 120 people. If 25 people drop, then they will add five people from the waitlist to fill a class of 100.

So, in order to compensate for people that decide to go to other schools (or people who get scared off from attending med school :cool: ), they accept people than their total class size allows. I think all schools do this.

Hi all,

The research forum (MD/PhD, DO/PhD) has kept me very busy, but I wanted to let you all know that I got a call on Friday from the Dr. Kruger saying that I was accepted.

Not sure where things will be for me, because UMDNJ-SOM was my first choice? Just thought I would let you all know.

Thanks.

wow, i really want to go to this school. i am praying for a late interview invite...

Members don't see this ad :)
anybody have info about their first time usmle pass rate?

Hi guys I just received an interview invite in the mail today. pretty excited, but not sure if I should be worried because it is in march. does anyone know people that interviewed in march? Does anyone know if the seats are filled already? Also anyone know when the next ADCOM meeting is? I think I read something about march 16.

K,
They meet next on the 16th. As long as you have an interview you have a good shot though I don't know the exact numbers. I am also awaiting the 16th.

Bumping because the adcom meets tomorrow, if the post above is correct.

Good luck! :luck: :luck: :luck:

due to snow, the adcom did not meet last friday and will reconvene this week.

are they meeting today or are they going to just going to meet on friday?

The lady who answered my call said that "as of this morning, there is no date set for them to meet. Call back on Friday and we would probably have an answer by then." That means that either they'll meet on friday or beforehand...

Hey all....Im SO nervous..I have a VERY late interview at UMDNJ-SOM...March 29th....with a 26 and a 3.6 GPA and 3.5 science GPA. Can anyone give me some interview pointers? This is one of my top choices!! Thanks! Good luck to everyone else!

I just called the Admissions office. Either letters or calls will be sent to those who interviewed. The letters were sent out today. I'm very nervous!!!

i got a letter in the mail. I spoke with someone in their admissions office this morn and she said that she can't tell me anything over the phone. this afternoon i received my 'thin' envelope... I don't know how long the interview process goes for. Beware though, the waitlist/ alternist list letter is very confusing to understand.

Anyone have any idea how long the waitlist is or what percentage of the class is already filled?

Anyone have any idea how long the waitlist is or what percentage of the class is already filled?

Heard from a friend who interviewed last week that the class is getting pretty close to full. Don't know what that means in terms of actual spots. Don't know how long they are interviewing this year, in the past it has gone into the beginning of may.

I hope its not too late for an interview =/

Heard from a friend who interviewed last week that the class is getting pretty close to full. Don't know what that means in terms of actual spots. Don't know how long they are interviewing this year, in the past it has gone into the beginning of may.

I forget and don't want to search through stuff:

is the accepted students thing before or after the next adcom meeting?

I forget and don't want to search through stuff:

is the accepted students thing before or after the next adcom meeting?

I'm not sure, but I want to say that it is before the next adcom meeting. Also, if anyone who is on the alternate list is interested, there is an open house at the school in April as well. Its a good chance to possibly speak to Paula Watkins briefly or the Dean. Never hurts.