UMDNJ-SOM Anatomy class

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Rookie

lankadoc
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay, did anyone get the orientation packet with the books for Gross Anatomy? Five required books and about 8 other recommended books. What's the deal with that and twelve first year classes? Oh, I cannot wait to begin
smile.gif
Sarcasm, friends, sarcasm. Oh well if its been done before, I am sure we are all capable of doing it.
Can't wait...

------------------
What doesn't kill you can only make you stronger!

Members don't see this ad.

yeah, i got it today, i wouldn't worry too much about it. The only thing you really need is netter, and whatever notes or scribes they give you, there's no way you could get through moore in one semester. Besides gross isn't till next semester for us...I think in the fall all we take is physio, biochem, histo, genetics, opp, and maybe some medical history class, ok, maybe it's a lot. It's actually quite a load off not to have gross/embryo 'till next semester... we'll be alright...r u moving up here soon? maybe we could get together and stress out in unison... email me

During my tour of campus, a student told me that between the library and the scribe service (a must!), they only needed to buy a few books. I have a feeling that I'm going to end up buying a lot of books and returning what I don't need...

Paige (still snickering about the mandatory Fun Night)

Members don't see this ad :)
OK. I'll bite. What is the "Mandatory Fun Night"?

Mandatory fun night? I want to know what the "Osteoblaste" is? I'm moving there on monday, if anyone wants to join me in checking out the city. Email me.
rob

Fun Night apparently involves volleyball and a barbeque and, along with registration, "Getting to Know You" student activites, and a Big Brothers/Big Sisters Luncheon, is a mandatory activity for Monday, July 31. I'm terrified of volleyball, too... I play (rarely), but I've had too many balls served into my back to really relax.

Paige

Hey friends,
OKAY, Osteoblast night, God could that be more of a corny medical joke than that... oh, an osteoblast is a new bone cell so i guess the analogy being we are the new kids on the block...
I am not moving down until next Saturday, July 22. I will let you guys know when me and my roommate get settled and since we all will be around the city, lets get together.
Mandatory fun
smile.gif

Oh one more question, are you sure Gross is not until the spring semester because I thought it was standard that gross is first semester. I hope it is Spring semester. I can wait.
Take it easy. 17 days - official countdown

Hey guys,
I am am MS11 this year at UMDNJ. Don't sweat anatomy - the new professor is excellent. Just get Netter. The rest will be provided. If your an overachiever, get Moore too, but you probably won't have the time to crack it open. And it is during the spring semester.

Netter, Moore, and Rohan is what I'd recommend