UMDNJ-SOM Housing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dozitgetchahi

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Who can recommend a decent, safe, reasonably priced housing complex near UMDNJ? My wife and I went through the effort of getting approved at Autumn Ridge only to see online reviews at apartments.com that state that the complex literally has been "infiltrated" with members of the Bloods gang, who apparently are using their units to sell drugs...

Members don't see this ad.

Echelon Glen is pretty good and their new management is much better than it has been in the past. Also check out the Village. There is a brand new area developing at the Echelon Mall ("Voorhees Town Center") which should be really nice, not sure when they'll be available though. Plenty of places to buy as well if you're looking to get a condo and take advantage of the $8K tax rebate this year. Timber Ridge is another place that has 2 and 3 bedroom town homes and a lot of students live there. look around there are literally TONS of places to live around SOM.

...Depends on price range. Abitaire is the place near the mall. Pretty expensive but very, very nice. Timber Ridge is nice but the surrounding area is not. Echelon... No washer/dryer in unit. Village... All electric - expensive. However, these are probably the better and closest options. You can look in Marlton and Cherry Hill too. Also, the Club at Main street in Voorhees is nice but pricey. There may also be a list of private houses with April in admissions. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
I used to lived at Laurel Hill Apartments on Chews Landing in Lindenwold. The rent was $650 for one bedroom and $850 for two with 1-1/2 bathroom. I lived in both. It is a very good and quiet place. I liked it for the time I was there. If you have any more questions just ask.

Kingsrow appartments on Chews Landing are nice and more or less affordable. Some units have washer and dryer in them, some dont. All utilities are included except for electricity, and heat is gas. Very close to school.