UMHS attrition

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted936442

Hello Friends,
I was interested in hearing from current pre-clinical students at this school. Im interested in the attrition rate and the amount of exams that are given in each semester and if the professors actually teach. Im also interested in knowing if there are live lectures because i had a bad experience with AUA and decided to leave because there were no lectures and that terrified me. I know the Caribbean path is very risky but i have done a masters in science to increase my GPA but due to my mcat i cannot get into a US school and i know that the odds will be against me but im still wondering about the possibility because alot of people that i know have gone down that road and made it out with a degree. All comments are appreciated and are helpful.

Members don't see this ad.

... alot of people that i know have gone down that road and made it out with a degree.

Of those that "made it out with a degree", how many matched into a residency spot?

You're extremely high risk as far as Caribbean students go (just being honest, and I'm sure my PD colleagues will agree). Your stats were not good enough for US med schools, attended AUA, left, and now thinking of attending UMHS.

Think very carefully about your next steps. If you either fail USMLE or pass with a very low score, your road to residency will be a very difficult one. And so far you've given no indication that you're a good test-taker.

I know this is not what you want to hear (many posters will follow me that will say want you want to hear). Just asking you to be realistic.

Of those that "made it out with a degree", how many matched into a residency spot?

You're extremely high risk as far as Caribbean students go (just being honest, and I'm sure my PD colleagues will agree). Your stats were not good enough for US med schools, attended AUA, left, and now thinking of attending UMHS.

Think very carefully about your next steps. If you either fail USMLE or pass with a very low score, your road to residency will be a very difficult one. And so far you've given no indication that you're a good test-taker.

I know this is not what you want to hear (many posters will follow me that will say want you want to hear). Just asking you to be realistic.
I was asking about the school stats not to be feed doubt. Many people that i personally know in my family and outside speak very broken English and excelled at the boards.