UMich Admissions Tracker

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

maestro1625

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
http://www.med.umich.edu/medschool/admissions/

Admissions Tracker
(Updated 10/17/06)
Applications Received: 4226
Interviews
Offered: 478
Remaining: 322
Admissions
Offers made: 32%

so umm, so I'm guessing that 32% of thier spots have been given out... but I'm not sure how they really give a quantifying number for that since people will obviously drop.

Members don't see this ad.

Yea that 32% made me sad... I think 32% of the number of outright acceptances they plan to give (not including waitlist movement).

this is kind of crazy..i don't know if i wish the schools i applied to did this or not...

Members don't see this ad :)
Yea that 32% made me sad... I think 32% of the number of outright acceptances they plan to give (not including waitlist movement).

hmm, so theoretically, it could go down to 31 tomorrow if people were to decline... interesting.

still it's encouraging to know that they've only accepted that many despite interviewing more than half the people already. Still waiting on an interview, though my 32 will probably put me in a spring interview pool.

hmm, so theoretically, it could go down to 31 tomorrow if people were to decline... interesting.

still it's encouraging to know that they've only accepted that many despite interviewing more than half the people already. Still waiting on an interview, though my 32 will probably put me in a spring interview pool.

No ,they probably have set number of acceptances they give out every year and they have now reached 32% of that total (so if they give out 500/yr to compose a class of 250, they've given out 160 of those so far....). Since they know how many people they need to accept to form their incoming class, someone declining will not change anything

During the interview they said that they'd be giving out 325 acceptances to fill 170 spots. So i guess they've given out roughly a 100 acceptances.

Sounds about right. Acceptance rates are going down since there are more applicants, meaning fewer acceptances as well as less waitlist movement. 325/800 is way below the 50% often mentioned for U Mich, but it seems reasonable.

They haven't interviewed half yet. That's the trouble with that number. Not everyone invited has interviewed...

I've also noticed U of Mich stats for this year.. last year according to the MSAR they had ~4800 applicants, this year so far only ~4200..
Do you think the number of applicants is down everywhere, or just U of Mich? This seems like a signicant drop. Their deadline is Nov 15 but I doubt that many people are still going to apply.

I guess I'm just hoping for my own sake that the numbers are down everywhere!!

Yes, recall that acceptance offers is different than matriculants. Robert Ruiz did say that they are offering less acceptances this year. They come up with a pre-established number of acceptances they will give out, so the number of "% acceptance offers" will never go down. I suppose if they ever did get depserate they'd give out more acceptances off the waitlist, but I'm sure there's a target number. And btw, I wanted to give some love to the "highly desirable" folks out there - I have a few friends in that limbo. Just think though, you've got a med school calling you "highly desirable."

HumbleMD: Robert Ruiz did say that they are offering less acceptances this year.

that's a dagger to my heart. aagh. :( :thumbdown: